Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

OldBean wrote: »
    Those cables are revolting!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

What's going on that seat tube? Is it a diy bike or custom built or something? Seems like a horrendous design which will end in failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

browsing wrote: »
    What's going on that seat tube? Is it a diy bike or custom built or something? Seems like a horrendous design which will end in failure.

De-coupler, travel bike I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

Raam wrote: »
    De-coupler, travel bike I guess.
    Ah right. That's be cool to be able to fold it up alright. I wonder how well it last though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

browsing wrote: »
    Ah right. That's be cool to be able to fold it up alright. I wonder how well it last though.

Fine from what I have heard. A few on here have similar machines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

Sartorial advisers on bike styling before I make a faux pas on my new build can I ask your advice. (someone will probably say I bought the wrong bike):(

Frame is the updated version of this with internal cables. Can't find any decent pics that aren't to big.

FRPXROT57_P1.jpg
    Bike is being built with Sram Force 22. Pedals will be look blade2 carbons. Think I have settled on Campag Zonda's for wheels Fulcrum R5 are just that bit too much extra to justify. I'd love Kysrium slr'sbut even my wife would know to look at them they were very expensive. I'd be terrified racing on them while I can afford them at the minute if I broke a wheel in a crash I probably couldn't afford to replace it. I may though get some farsport carbon wheels later in the year.

Don't worry cables will be black! Already have some black lizard skins bar tape. Just want to decide on finishing kit and saddle. Was going to go with a 3T stealth carbon seatpost and their alloy bar's and stem. Really like them but thinking now the white stripes on the alloy pieces will look out of place. I could go with the stealth kit for bars and stem but they are very pricey. LBS was showing me the new Fizik finishing kit and I must say it looks very nice seatpost and stem especially and the price's are not to bad.
    http://www.fizik.com/components/

For the saddle I think this suits should I be sticking with all black though?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu6C1fPX5uGN4kve-tsJa7iJEUNM7QoL4YkxaHrxfuznDR7xMe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Lovely frame.

I'd stick with all black on the saddle. If not, you're looking at red bartape. Then its just a snip away from red stripes on your tires. Canyons Inflite gets the balance right.

inflite-al-9_c1042.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

White saddle. White Bar tape. Black Seatpost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

I think you need some colour other than black to liven things up a bit. I too like white saddles and bar tape and would prefer the stem with some white other than all black.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'd go with that Fizik saddle, too much black otherwise. It would be different if the frame was all black, but because the red is there already I'd throw in some red on the finishing kit.

It's too late now, since you bought the tape already, but I would have gone for red bar tape as well. IMO, red bar tape goes well with carbon bars and stem.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Red is an aggressive colour - too much and, well, you better have the chops to back it up. Otherwise, its like puffing and panting your way up the Sally Gap in a polka dot jersey.

White saddle. White Bar tape. Black Seatpost.
    I do like white tape and saddles but for some reason I don't think it quite works with this frame. Obviously matching the saddle would help.
    $T2eC16NHJFwFFZzIbsS4BR0z1WLBjg~~60_35.JPG
    letape wrote: »
    I think you need some colour other than black to liven things up a bit. I too like white saddles and bar tape and would prefer the stem with some white other than all black.

I would have thought so to but any pics I can find with other colours just don't quite work to my eye this is the best one I can find I think.

rt5711.jpg
    Brian? wrote: »
    I'd go with that Fizik saddle, too much black otherwise. It would be different if the frame was all black, but because the red is there already I'd throw in some red on the finishing kit.

It's too late now, since you bought the tape already, but I would have gone for red bar tape as well. IMO, red bar tape goes well with carbon bars and stem.

There is an older fizik arione cx saddle that I prefer the red center strip is narrower that I think I'll try and find
    selim-fizik-arione-cx-k-ium-speed-team-cervelo-preto-vermelho-b_726.jpg

Same as don't think it quite works matching saddle again would help.
    3be77f7f8596e9e766bee21a527bfa3b.jpg
    ror_74 wrote: »
    Red is an aggressive colour - too much and, well, you better have the chops to back it up. Otherwise, its like puffing and panting your way up the Sally Gap in a polka dot jersey.

I agree think less is more in this case the frame only has thin streaks of red so I don't think using loads more red bits to match would suit and hard to get the shades to match anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Ryath wrote: »
    I do like white tape and saddles but for some reason I don't think it quite works with this frame. Obviously matching the saddle would help.
    $T2eC16NHJFwFFZzIbsS4BR0z1WLBjg~~60_35.JPG

That Planet x frame has almost the identical pain job to my Beone. which I think suits the white. Though I haven't got a fully white saddle on mine yet. Here's some catalogue photos.
    298426.png

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Is the downtube logo silver or white? If white, then I'd go white saddle/white tape. If silver I'd chose black tape and the black/red saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Agree with Vlad, white logos-> white saddle/white tape/black seatpost/stem (no logos if possible).

If it's silver you could go black/red on the saddle, black tape and silver cables (just to annoy RAAM :D)

aican_bungarus_cbls+housing_ag.jpg

Is the downtube logo silver or white? If white, then I'd go white saddle/white tape. If silver I'd chose black tape and the black/red saddle.

Been a good while since I've seen the frame in the flesh and it's hard to tell from the photo's but I think it is more of a sliver.
    AstraMonti wrote: »
    Agree with Vlad, white logos-> white saddle/white tape/black seatpost/stem (no logos if possible).

If it's silver you could go black/red on the saddle, black tape and silver cables (just to annoy RAAM :D)

Don't you listen man! Cable's are black I'm not risking raising Raam's satirical wrath the man makes some cutting comments!

Black/red saddle it is then and going with Fizik finishing kit it is nicely understated. . Thank's for the advice guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Those silver cable outers would totally go with the Buck Rogers helmets on the Ugly thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Apologies, that was the wrong silver, this one:

aican_bungarus_cbls+housing_pewter.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The silver logo is why white doesn't work with that frame. Black/Silver/Red are your choices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Not so clean anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Not so clean anymore:(

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

BMC Alpine Challenge.

Stunning in the flesh and feels absolutely rock solid as commuter.
    The internal hub 8 speed electronic shifting and belt drive are very impressive.

9IeHPFg.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Waiting for training to start yesterday morning...

1891174_10151903889747493_48498833_n.jpg

Passed my Race accreditation this afternoon, all set to ride the track league!!:D

1011277_10151905570397493_894033767_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Wow, this thread is 10 years running, here's my only submission:
    Make: fastboy
    Model: UTA
    Video: http://vimeo.com/73428297

y4bwLYD.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mec-a-nic did you take that on Sunday perchance? I was up there with a few friends, couldn't believe how windy it was :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Mec-a-nic did you take that on Sunday perchance? I was up there with a few friends, couldn't believe how windy it was :eek:

Nope, Ticknock on Saturday morning, it was windy too so we went to the other side. Thanks to MadMTB who showed us around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Left the house without a memory card in my decent camera today, so ended up on the iPhone. Just did some mucking about in the park on grass/gravel to see how my new tyres would handle rough terrain along with seeing what it felt like with a full-ish load in my handlebar bag and saddlebag. About 20km's easy going, all in.
    13219929904_8d4a3d2664_b.jpg

13219862144_cc2ab250fa.jpg

13219875314_0ce22b0a4f_z.jpg

13219732433_d7b3580f13_b.jpg

13219570385_3c806a3c38_z.jpg13219887874_7b1df67068_z.jpg

Oh, and it handle's beautifully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

^^^^^^^^^

That bike is far too good looking to be riding around the place like that. What if it got dirty?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

The handlebar bag is just for cleaning supplies and a camera.

:pac:

Advertisement