Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Oldbean, your bike looks fantastic.

Make that your bike AND luggage.

Really makes me want one.

Any mudguards planned? I got some velo orange hammered guards and they're lovely. Except that the rear snapped at the rear brake bridge. replaced very speedily though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Thanks!

I'm going to get the smooth fenders when I get back to the VO showroom in September. I picked up a pair of SKS plastic jobs a few weeks ago, and they lasted less than halfway through the fitting before I stepped back and realised how awful they looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    Wow, this thread is 10 years running, here's my only submission:
    Make: fastboy
    Model: UTA
    Video: http://vimeo.com/73428297

That is sweet!
    More pics please, lots more!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

That is sweet!

Great bike, super photo but don't miss the Vimeo.
    That is one inspirational guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

That is sweet!

The creator of this bike is a damn fine photographer too, here's his photos of the UTA: http://ezracaldwell.com/ultimate-tight-ass

Check out the other 'bike photos' on that site too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    The creator of this bike is a damn fine photographer too, here's his photos of the UTA: http://ezracaldwell.com/ultimate-tight-ass

Check out the other 'bike photos' on that site too.

Was expecting somethin completely different there.........

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Was expecting somethin completely different there.........

And then I looked around a bit more. ....... Good girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

Nearly finished got dynamo today and finished wiring. Just need to get a back wheel built on an open pro to match the front dynowheel probably be a few weeks before I pick a hub though. Dyno wheel only weighs 20g more than the stock one:D Latex tube will sort that out!

Weight is just under 10.1kg with pedals pretty good for a bike with mudguards and dynamo lights. changing groupset to 105 knocked a huge chunk off. Bike weighed 10.8kg with claris group and no pedals. New rear wheel will knock a nice bit of.

Only been out once did 90k the other night with no dyno wheel first impressions are good. Very comfortable but still feels stiff and responsive. I'll go for spin later to test the dyno.

ch7b.jpg

hd1r.jpg

ufg7.jpg

5yku.jpg

Ryath wrote: »
    Nearly finished got dynamo today and finished wiring. Just need to get a back wheel built on an open pro to match the front dynowheel probably be a few weeks before I pick a hub though. Dyno wheel only weighs 20g more than the stock one:D Latex tube will sort that out!

Weight is just under 10.1kg with pedals pretty good for a bike with mudguards and dynamo lights. changing groupset to 105 knocked a huge chunk off. Bike weighed 10.8kg with claris group and no pedals. New rear wheel will knock a nice bit of.

Only been out once did 90k the other night with no dyno wheel first impressions are good. Very comfortable but still feels stiff and responsive. I'll go for spin later to test the dyno.

I have to ask, why the dyno? An ode to times gone by? Seems like more trouble than it's worth for any other reason tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Ryath wrote: »

What lamp did you go for?

Have a 60 lux b+m which I really like. @thebouldwhacker has the more expensive 90 lux version with charging facility and it is a wonder.

Dyno is the business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

ford2600 wrote: »

What lamp did you go for?

Have a 60 lux b+m which I really like. @thebouldwhacker has the more expensive 90 lux version with charging facility and it is a wonder.

Dyno is the business

SON Edelux 2 has 90 lux was set to get the B&M with usb but thought this looked better only slightly dearer.
    http://www.starbike.com/en/son-edelux-2-led-front-lamp/

9.%20SON%20Edelux%202%20%28STVZO%20Version%29%2030kmh-91cecd47.jpg

Site with some good beam shot comparisons
    http://www.baslerbikes.de/index.php/baslerbikes-2-Scheinwerfervergleich-2013-november.html

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    I have to ask, why the dyno? An ode to times gone by? Seems like more trouble than it's worth for any other reason tbh

More trouble than having to constantly charge batteries, watching your charge, switching down to low to save batteries on long spins, wondering if you'll make it home. Yea fitting the lights and hub was a lot of hassle probably took all of half an hour should be maintenance free for several years and give me as much light as I need for ever how long my legs can carry me.

Your experience of dynamos must be the old bottle ones with dim halogen bulbs. Modern dynamo hubs add very little weight and the drag from them is next to nothing. There are very good LED lights that can last all night but use large battery packs and are not that much cheaper than a dynamo set up. And before someone says magic-shine they are not suitable for road use at least the way a lot of people use them. Battery LED lights are better for a lot of things but for long distance commuting, audax and long winter night spins a dynamo system is more convenient.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

colm_gti wrote: »
    Waiting for training to start yesterday morning...

Passed my Race accreditation this afternoon, all set to ride the track league!!:D

could i get the frame details aswell as the wheels? lovely bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

A V A wrote: »
    could i get the frame details aswell as the wheels? lovely bike

chris hoy fiorenzuola

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Forgive the pie plate and the bar tape, I was like a child at Christmas when I got this home

n2hoxx.jpg

Forgive the pie plate and the bar tape, I was like a child at Christmas when I got this home

Wouldn't have thought grey and white would go together but that's a nice colour scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭martin.mcevoy

Took advantage of the good weather and gave her a bit of a clean after time trialling at the weekend

015483235312cd48ee7372fbe106a9ed8993dd9f85_zpsd988bfc3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Bicycles009_zps05e26d7c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Bicycles009_zps05e26d7c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

?????
    Wrong thread!!

i think its beautyful anyway dermot. after all its my bike

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

i think its beautyful anyway dermot. after all its my bike

And so do I..

Is it the 1 series Domane

• Advertisement

not yet wrote: »
    And so do I..

Is it the 1 series Domane

cheers not yet. yes its a 2013 1.5, upgraded a couple of parts sine new, shifters, saddle and wheels. and more recently, as a result of a bike fit, the stem. Now ill admit id love a Bianchi Oltre or a Cervelo s1, this serves me grand for my style/type of riding. Done my first TT on it on Nyrs eve, and entering my first Duathalon next weekend. ive done several sportives too.

cheers not yet. yes its a 2013 1.5, upgraded a couple of parts sine new, shifters, saddle and wheels. and more recently, as a result of a bike fit, the stem. Now ill admit id love a Bianchi Oltre or a Cervelo s1, this serves me grand for my style/type of riding. Done my first TT on it on Nyrs eve, and entering my first Duathalon next weekend. ive done several sportives too.

Got the 2.3 in Jan, Love it so far. Talking about bike fit...What did they change after it.

Raised saddle by 5mm
    moved saddle fwd by 10mm
    raise bar by 25mm

im 6ft 3 with 35 inch leg,

Raised saddle by 5mm
    moved saddle fwd by 10mm
    raise bar by 25mm

im 6ft 3 with 35 inch leg,

I'm 6.3 with 34 inch leg, got a 60cm frame and can't get comfortable. any tips...

what area are you experiencing discomfort with? I was experiencing pains in elbow and shoulder, both left side. and some back discomfort.
    im far from expert, but i can tell you what they adjusted on mine. swapped standard 110mm 10 degree stem from 110mm zero degree stem and put an aditional 5mm spacer under the stem as well as standard spacers, as well as highering the seat and moving it forward slightly.
    ive only had a spin on my turbo trainer since getting the fit done, havnt had a chance to get out on the road with it.

what area are you experiencing discomfort with? I was experiencing pains in elbow and shoulder, both left side. and some back discomfort.
    im far from expert, but i can tell you what they adjusted on mine. swapped standard 110mm 10 degree stem from 110mm zero degree stem and put an aditional 5mm spacer under the stem as well as standard spacers, as well as highering the seat and moving it forward slightly.
    ive only had a spin on my turbo trainer since getting the fit done, havnt had a chance to get out on the road with it.

I'm Fine up to 20k then My neck starts to really give me jip. Feel I'm a tiny bit stretched out but feel a 58cm frame would feel cramped.

as i said i can only give you the list of changed made to my bike, id defnatly recomend a bit fit though, i spent ages tweaking my bike and still ended up getting a fit done.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭XtotheZ

My whip for 2014!

XtotheZ wrote: »

swoon...slammed stem too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

?????
    Wrong thread!!

What a fool

Advertisement