Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Frame size is large, feels ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

Build in progress. Awaiting new saddle, red seatpost, pedals and white bar tape. First spin today since the built was completed. Unspecified clicking in bb/rear wheel detected :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

omri wrote: »
    Build in progress. Awaiting new saddle, red seatpost, pedals and white bar tape. First spin today since the built was completed. Unspecified clicking in bb/rear wheel detected :o

Lovely.

Your heart will be broken with white bartape. Get red.
    Red seat post will suit well.
    Could you rotate your bars a bit?.
    I got a pair of Zondas recently. Great wheels.
    Clicking in BB : bit soon for a new bike! I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Lovely.

Your heart will be broken with white bartape. Get red.
    Red seat post will suit well.
    Could you rotate your bars a bit?.
    I got a pair of Zondas recently. Great wheels.
    Clicking in BB : bit soon for a new bike! I suppose.

I already had white bar tape to practice wrapping - looks good but i fecked it so I've put black for now :) - with red... I don't know - might be bit too much . I'll have fitting in the mid of may so possibly will replace the handlebars to wider - used to have 44s these are 40s feel bit narrow and very responsive - too much I'd say.

The bars - I feel I'll need to rotate downwards - as they don't feel too well when holding down.

Front derailleur is not working as it should though - long story, so don't ask :)

Something is definitely clicking will need to get to the bottom of it. Today it was first test ride so few things to correct still.

Seatpost - ritchey in wet red plus black/white fizik arione r3 (as far as I can remember) should complement the build nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Is this worthy of the beauty thread yet?

v1ldFn0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Take a hacksaw to that steerer tube and you're good to go. And put your dog in the pictures, he's adorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

manafana wrote: »
    that saddle is pretty high, frame little bit on small side?

Thus spake Zarathustra:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Something is definitely clicking will need to get to the bottom of it. Today it was first test ride so few things to correct still.

Seatpost - ritchey in wet red plus black/white fizik arione r3 (as far as I can remember) should complement the build nicely.

Had more of a clunk than a click on my new bike whenever I put the pressure on. Was convinced it was coming from the bottom bracket but it eventually turned out to be the Fizik saddle. Seems as if the shell/rail joints can be quite noisy and this is amplified by the post and frame. The test was peddling hard while out of the saddle. Possibly something else entirely in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

How do you embed pics into the message ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Mates new 2014 Nuke Proof Mega TR 275 Pro propping up a tree in the alps.
    Jealous on many levels.

10153128_10203306408211687_492864859_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

1zzgdmq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Very nice, best of luck this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Seaneh wrote: »
    Mates new 2014 Nuke Proof Mega TR 275 Pro propping up a tree in the alps.
    Jealous on many levels.

Class!

This thread need more MTBs. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Zyzz wrote: »
    Is this worthy of the beauty thread yet?

With a new saddle, shorter steerer tube and destickered wheels you ll be grand :p

.ak wrote: »
    Class!

This thread need more MTBs. ;)

Especially more €4k team speced mtb's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

305201.jpg
    18 months old but still love it

sy wrote: »
    18 months old but still love it

Sram chainset with Shimano group? I can sense certain posters blood boiling already.

gorgeous bike though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Very nice Sy. That's a real race machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

sy wrote: »
    <snip>

Now thats " an image of beauty"

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Now thats " an image of beauty"

I've seen it in the flesh and it looks just as good....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

How do you embed pics into the message ?

• Look for "Additional Options" in the lower part of the screen when posting a reply/new message
    • The second option is called "Attach Files": click on the button "Manage Attachments"
    • A popup appears. The first option here is "Upload File from your Computer". Click on the Browse button to locate your picture.
    • Now click "Upload"
    • When complete - in the popup - you will see your file under "Current Attachments"
    • Here is the tricky bit: right click your file and select "Copy Link Location"
    • Close the popup.
    • Amongst the options in the main Reply/Post Message window, you will see an icon that looks like a postcard with images of mountains against a yellow background.
    • Click this and in response to the prompt: "Please Enter the URL of your image", PASTE the Link Location you saved in the above step.
    • That's it!
    E.G:
    305217.jpg

When posting images, try to restrict the width to about 1000 pixels wide. E.G:
    305220.jpg

Any bigger and the horizontal scrolling required gets a bit annoying. My phone takes pictures 5312 pixels wide - about 5 screen widths on my work PC eek.png
    Most phones can reduce the image size - either before or after the picture is taken.

The above is for Windows using Firefox, your setup may be different but the approach should be very similar.

(Nice bike by the way ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Not sure if this one belongs here :confused:. However, after the wheels upgrade my holiday bike rides really well and I enjoy riding it quite a lot, so decided to share some photos of it :)...

14075652745_31be2a2dfb_b.jpg

14087526443_5e606b304f_z.jpg

14087513303_00cb072069_z.jpg

14087672103_c9e8f46aeb_z.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Seweryn wrote: »
    Not sure if this one belongs here

I'm sure it does:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Not sure if this one belongs here :confused:. However, after the wheels upgrade my holiday bike rides really well and I enjoy riding it quite a lot, so decided to share some photos of it :)...

Nice one Seweryn, lovely bike. Extra marks for the clean drive chain too. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Not sure if this one belongs here :confused:.
    snip

That is a thing of great beauty. Fabulous bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Picked up this run around today and was well worth the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

NBar wrote: »

i had a go on a mates with zondas, great bike but i dont think they're the prettiset on the eye. i actually prefer the sempre looks wise. anyhow enjoy the bike, from my quick ride was great

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

beautiful bike and looks well looked after. a credit to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

manafana wrote: »
    that saddle is pretty high, frame little bit on small side?

after a couple of spins on it, ive had to re adjust the saddle height. had it a bit too high....rookie mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

NBar wrote: »

Sweet mother of sufferin jesus that's nice..

Advertisement