Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    after a couple of spins on it, ive had to re adjust the saddle height. had it a bit too high....rookie mistake

yeah it looks it, mind u i ride with mine a little low but I like to sit and spin when i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

NBar wrote: »
    Picked up this run around today and was well worth the wait

Want. Where did you get it. Have a via nerone .
    Would kill for that machine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

My new (to me) Rocky Mountain Flatline DH bike.

305708.jpg

Completely new to mountain biking but it looks like loads of fun so giving it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

CptMackey wrote: »
    Want. Where did you get it. Have a via nerone .
    Would kill for that machine

Harry's Bikes in Clonskeagh

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

BFassassin wrote: »
    My new (to me) Rocky Mountain Flatline DH bike.
    <snip>

Completely new to mountain biking but it looks like loads of fun so giving it a try.

If you're new to mountain biking, full on dh may not be the best idea.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Scrappy600 wrote: »

I was about to post the same, DH can be pretty tricky and DH bikes are pretty much useless for pedalling uphill, so expect to spend a good lot of time pushing the bike about.

A full suspension trail bike would've probably been closer to what you want for starting off, can do uphill and most downhill, albeit a bit slower on the downhill, and more of what you'd want for the likes of the trail centres or forests here.

Still, not trying to burst your bubble, those rocky mountains look cool, hoping you get fun out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

NBar wrote: »
    Picked up this run around today and was well worth the wait

Is it wrong that this has given me a horn....?

Beautiful machine. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

In the eye of the beholder @ Phizzfest today.

6W56dK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

It has been adapted for irish roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

Do yee lads think ffwd's would look good on this?
    20140428_204437.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

here's my new ride

10268619_10152512866919131_5684921673725091437_n.jpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

here's my new ride

Lovely but what the hell is it doing in the sand?!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

With a new set of zeros.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

Disc brakes might be a better option on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Lovely but what the hell is it doing in the sand?!

placed there for a photo only (though it only dawned on me what a bad idea it was afterwards):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

IMG_20140504_143352_121.jpg

The new Peugeot 531 Pro. Shimano 105 throughout with a butted Reynolds 531 frame and forks with Mavic 192NE rims. Very original conditon. Paintwork has a few scuffs but its a 23 year old bike so that's to be expected.

Only new to me and it rides nicely. I've since replaced the sells italia saddle with a B17n that I had on the other bike for a bit of comfort. Nippy little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

bazzamac wrote: »
    With a new set of zeros.

Rotated, Cropped, Levels, Cut the Grass :P and Uploaded.

Nice Bike
    305829.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mycroft H wrote: »

The new Peugeot 531 Pro. Shimano 105 throughout with a butted Reynolds 531 frame and forks with Mavic 192NE rims. Very original conditon. Paintwork has a few scuffs but its a 23 year old bike so that's to be expected.

Only new to me and it rides nicely. I've since replaced the sells italia saddle with a B17n that I had on the other bike for a bit of comfort. Nippy little thing.

*Thump*

That was my jaw hitting the floor. I loves a Peugeot, I have two, none as nice as that though. Swoon. Looks like a big frame, you must be really tall!
    (If you ever need to get rid of it, ever, just let me know. I might steal *cough* I mean take it off you :pac:

Wear well on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    rizzodun wrote: »
    I was about to post the same, DH can be pretty tricky and DH bikes are pretty much useless for pedalling uphill, so expect to spend a good lot of time pushing the bike about.

A full suspension trail bike would've probably been closer to what you want for starting off, can do uphill and most downhill, albeit a bit slower on the downhill, and more of what you'd want for the likes of the trail centres or forests here.

Still, not trying to burst your bubble, those rocky mountains look cool, hoping you get fun out of it.

Yeah I know its big jump straight into DH but it's what all my mates are doing over here. I'm living in Vancouver so its downhill central both locally and then Whistler is pretty close.
    First run out on it yesterday in the pouring rain and its awesome. So much better than the last bike I tried on the same trail (Specialized P1)
    Will hopefully get out again some evening this week to practice even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

here's my new ride

sweet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BFassassin wrote: »
    Yeah I know its big jump straight into DH but it's what all my mates are doing over here. I'm living in Vancouver so its downhill central both locally and then Whistler is pretty close.
    First run out on it yesterday in the pouring rain and its awesome. So much better than the last bike I tried on the same trail (Specialized P1)
    Will hopefully get out again some evening this week to practice even more!

Just take it slow, give her socks on the blue runs and fire roads to get used to the handling and characteristics of the big rig and then amp it up and go for the more technical and vertical runs. Don't let these lads scare you, sure the worst that can happen is you fall and get back up.

And whatever happens, when you are faced with a choice on the bike, ask yourself "What would Sam do?".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

C59_DARKLABEL_1280px.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

AstraMonti wrote: »
    IMG

My first thought was "Sploosh" my second thought was "I don't know. maybe" I feel like the total is less than the sum of its parts for some reason.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

My first thought was "Sploosh" my second thought was "I don't know. maybe" I feel like the total is less than the sum of its parts for some reason.

I agree. There is something a little off about it. It's like a topless glamour model who's dead behind the eyes.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The silver paint is awful. It looks like a tweenie's nail polish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Lumen wrote: »
    The silver paint is awful. It looks like a tweenie's nail polish.

agreed. i think even removing the silver around the bb and having that bit black would help a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Brian? wrote: »
    I agree. There is something a little off about it. It's like a topless glamour model who's dead behind the eyes.
    mossym wrote: »
    agreed. i think even removing the silver around the bb and having that bit black would help a lot

First world problems.......I'd have it in a heatbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    First world problems.......I'd have it in a heatbeat.

Totally. Serious case of the "would not bangs" going on with those lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I actually think the "cheap" Colnago strada SL in Wiggle Honda colours I posted the other day in a "what bike for 1k" thread is a lot prettier paint job wise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Raam wrote: »
    Totally. Serious case of the "would not bangs" going on with those lads.

You're probably right, in a way. If you offered me that bike at a price I could afford I'd snap it up. That doesn't make it a beauty though, and this is the "images of beauty" thread. Not the "images of acceptable at the right price point" thread.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement