Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Brian? wrote: »
    You're probably right, in a way. If you offered me that bike at a price I could afford I'd snap it up. That doesn't make it a beauty though, and this is the "images of beauty" thread. Not the "images of acceptable at the right price point" thread.

There are nicer Colnagos out there for sure, but I reckon in the flesh that bike would look amazing. Internet pictures rarely do bikes as much justice as seeing one right in front of you would.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Brian? wrote: »
    You're probably right, in a way. If you offered me that bike at a price I could afford I'd snap it up. That doesn't make it a beauty though, and this is the "images of beauty" thread. Not the "images of acceptable at the right price point" thread.

Aye, is it a good looking bike, yes.
    Is it an amazingly well speced bike, yes.
    Is it a bike any man would be happy to call his own, yes.
    Is it a beautiful bike, I don't think so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    First world problems.......I'd have it in a heatbeat.
    Raam wrote: »
    Totally. Serious case of the "would not bangs" going on with those lads.

not at all. it's like dating the 9.5 out of ten girl. is she perfect? no. is she still nicer a woman as you;re ever likely to get and will you strut around proudly with her on your arm? damn bloody straight.

i might not like the silver paint. but i'd own that bike in a heartbeat.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I know someone who has a C59 with that paintjob. Looks stunning in the flesh. Would bang.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

There are nicer Colnagos out there for sure, but I reckon in the flesh that bike would look amazing. Internet pictures rarely do bikes as much justice as seeing one right in front of you would.

In the flesh it would indeed wow me. But that's because I would know how much it cost and how rare it is.

Analogy number 2 for the day, it's like Hallie Berry in an ill fitting orange dress.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

it needs some di2.

lennymc wrote: »
    it needs some di2.

Pffft, even I know it needs EPS not Di2.

they/them/theirs

Am I the only one who isn't into the electronic buzz?
    Just seems like a pointless expense to me?

Seaneh wrote: »
    Am I the only one who isn't into the electronic buzz?
    Just seems like a pointless expense to me?

It is expensive, but the shifting is awesome.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

have di2 on my road bike, love it.

but if i had that colnago it wouldn't have electronic shifting.

• Advertisement

It is expensive, but the shifting is awesome.

Is it really that much better than well tuned mechanical though?

I've never used it so can't comment on Di2's shifting at all.

I've never used it so can't comment on Di2's shifting at all.

It is, it's fantastic. I've only had minimal experience but it really is. The best part for me is that limit screws are a thing of the past. Some day, as soon as I can afford it, I'll be going Di2.

I'm hoping someone I know will upgrade to 11 speed Di2 and I'll get 10 speed for a decent price.

they/them/theirs

Yes. I have used a mate's Campag EPS. It is way better than Super Record, which I have.

Yes. I have used a mate's Campag EPS. It is way better than Super Record, which I have.

I'll have to try and give EPS or Di2 a bash some time. I'll not be able to afford it in the next few years but would like to see how it feels out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have Di2 Ultegra 6870 11 speed on my new bike and the shifting is great, shifting under power is much better, it trims the front derailleur if you are cross chaining which is great, it self trims so no fecking around with limit screws, the only issue I have had to date was the left hand shifter became unplugged after I hit one of NCD's bigger potholes and needed replugging. I can't recommend it enough, and its very easy to shift just being the equivalent of a mouse click, so you can shift with your little finger if you are gripping the top of the hoods or whatever.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Inquitus wrote: »
    I have Di2 Ultegra 6870 11 speed on my new bike and the shifting is great, shifting under power is much better, it trims the front derailleur if you are cross chaining which is great, it self trims so no fecking around with limit screws, the only issue I have had to date was the left hand shifter became unplugged after I hit one of NCD's bigger potholes and needed replugging. I can't recommend it enough, and its very easy to shift just being the equivalent of a mouse click, so you can shift with your little finger if you are gripping the top of the hoods or whatever.

Whats maintenance like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

BFassassin wrote: »
    Yeah I know its big jump straight into DH but it's what all my mates are doing over here. I'm living in Vancouver so its downhill central both locally and then Whistler is pretty close.
    First run out on it yesterday in the pouring rain and its awesome. So much better than the last bike I tried on the same trail (Specialized P1)
    Will hopefully get out again some evening this week to practice even more!

You're close to Whistler? Forget everything I said you lucky fcuker! :p

DH is great if you have the right sort of trails for it, so you'll have a blast, I've been looking at 2nd hand DH bikes on adverts myself for ages but can't bring myself to pull the trigger because I know I won't use it enough, so saving up for a full suss trail.

In keeping with the thread title I love the look of the KTM Ratchet, Scrappy had one for sale here not too long ago (this is the his one)

image_zpsc48e0515.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

25 posts and no images of beauty, Di2 thread is over there!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

25 posts and no images of beauty, Di2 thread is over there!!!!!!!

Post one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Controversial.

Niner RLT 9 5-STAR Ultegra Di2.

RLT9_2_960x540.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

A beautiful Ti bike

14091329751_f963ac5168_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I have mixed feelings about the integrated seatpost. I'd never noticed one on a Ti bike before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am not a fan of ISPs either but here it's very elegantly done in a non obtrusive way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I'm always fiddling with seat posts,don't think I could get on with an ISP.

Must stick up a picture of my bike after the grey brake cable fiasco.

I'm always fiddling with seat posts,don't think I could get on with an ISP.

Must stick up a picture of my bike after the grey brake cable fiasco.

I have an ISP on one bike. Depending on the topper, you can have plenty of wiggle room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I hate cutting things on bikes. Forks are one thing but I'd dread cutting a seat post. I suppose it's getting over the fear of doing something for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I hate cutting things on bikes. Forks are one thing but I'd dread cutting a seat post. I suppose it's getting over the fear of doing something for the first time.

ISP's also make packing your bike in a bike box for air travel a bit tricky.

I was worried at first when the shop were doing it. But you just do it bit by bit until you are comfortable with the position. If you subsequently decide it is too low you can shim it back up.

07Lapierre wrote: »
    ISP's also make packing your bike in a bike box for air travel a bit tricky.

Tis, but I can just about squeeze my XL frame in to this...
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/b-w-bike-box/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

NBar wrote: »
    Picked up this run around today and was well worth the wait
    That is one Very good looking bike.

Advertisement