Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

AstraMonti wrote: »
    A beautiful Ti bike

I actually think that the ISP is the least of this bikes problems, that headtube is hideous and the way the tubing is shaped from left to right along the top tube does it no favours.

all in all, not a even close to a beauty, 6/10 at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

cross-a-rific

swiss-cross-build-2012.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

lennymc wrote: »
    cross-a-rific

I almost did a sex wee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Oh yeah! The TT fun is about to begin!

306709.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

10294245_667973856602822_436741201549174658_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

Picked this up a couple of weeks from Dermot Illogical ago as a doer-upper. Just finished. Changed stem/bars/shifter/mech to silver, new bar tape, bit of tlc to the chrome and paint and she's good to go.

7921dd30-31be-499f-a3b1-596cef4ff768_zpsd9fc43fd.jpg?t=1399988271

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

happytramp wrote: »
    Picked this up a couple of weeks from Dermot Illogical ago as a doer-upper. Just finished. Changed stem/bars/shifter/mech to silver, new bar tape, bit of tlc to the chrome and paint and she's good to go.

Nicely done!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

She is beautiful.

Swoon. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Met you in Dara's shop when you were still cleaning it up. Looks great now that its finished. Definitely not for the pub run :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Gorgeous.

• Advertisement

Mel's new bike.

Bng0qr7CEAEkPOf.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

^If she writes the name of her fav band on her bike I shudder to think what she has done to her pencil case!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Raam wrote: »
    Mel's new bike.

Bng0qr7CEAEkPOf.jpg:large

sweet frame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

The latest edition of What Mountain Bike has a pullout of the most beautiful bikes, in it was the Honda RN-01, a fully fledged production DH bike, that could not be bought commercially. Every part of it was barcoded, and at the time the internal gearbox was top secret, which included a derailleur and cassette, while the freewheel was on the bottom bracket, which meant the chain moved while the rear wheel spun, meaning you could change gears without pedalling.

honda_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

rizzodun wrote: »
    The latest edition of What Mountain Bike has a pullout of the most beautiful bikes, in it was the Honda RN-01, a fully fledged production DH bike, that could not be bought commercially. Every part of it was barcoded, and at the time the internal gearbox was top secret, which included a derailleur and cassette, while the freewheel was on the bottom bracket, which meant the chain moved while the rear wheel spun, meaning you could change gears without pedalling.

The last time I said this I was, rightly, slapped for it...but here goes anyhoo "Wrong thread!" FUGLY!

rizzodun wrote: »

<snip>

That thing is hideous. Bleugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

gadetra wrote: »
    That thing is hideous. Bleugh.

It's an engineering solution to an engineering problem.

Idleater wrote: »

Yep. An ugly one! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

I preferred it when Raleigh did it.

1985_raleigh_vektar.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1356885727142

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I'm with you, generally held up as one of the greatest mountain bikes ever. Ignore the haters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I'm with you, generally held up as one of the greatest mountain bikes ever. Ignore the haters.

Guaranteed that if it'd won the world cup as Honda had desired, this would be the DH design of choice, I think it looks tremendous, I always thought downhill bikes would (or should) look like motocross bikes, that sort of strength and travel, this comes the closest to my imagination, it looks like it's about to eat up all before it.

http://www.downhill247.com/downhill-posts/inside-info-honda-rn01-the-silver-bullet/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Just saw this on their site, canyon have a new model the endurance cf.
    endurace-cf-9_c1024.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

Nearly there just waiting on handlebars from LBS as the 42 fizik bars were too wide for me. Have black lizard skin bar tape and some nice matt black elite bottle cages to put on. Debating using red fizik bartape. Was looking for a black fizik saddle with red strip but I got a good price on this so chanced it. Think it works.

10gboxv.jpg

23u1w82.jpg

2hhzn9w.jpg

2dtd9o8.jpg

2pynok2.jpg

30jqs7r.jpg

Full size pics here.
    http://tinypic.com/a/34rw4/3

^^^^Red bartape deffo. I think it'd balance the saddle off nicely. I really like really colorful things though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^^^^^^^^
    I agree. Red Fizik bartape would look the business.
    The Sram Force is lovely. I have it one one of my bikes and Sram Red on another.
    The difference in price, in my opinion, cannot be justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Another +1 for red bar tape!

Red bar tape is like wearing lipstick.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Raam wrote: »
    Red bar tape is like wearing lipstick.

and?

godtabh wrote: »
    and?

Go for it, if that is what you are in to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

My winter orbea on Caha pass yesterday

Advertisement