Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Inquitus wrote: »
    I presume Weight is no bad thing in Downhill MTBing?

not at all, i still don't trust carbon for dh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Very nice but just looking at the wheels and shouldn't the single red spoke be at the valve to show where the valve is? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that was the purpose of the single outstanding coloured spoke?

I don't get this - you can hardly change the position of the valve or the position of the red spoke!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

letape wrote: »
    I don't get this - you can hardly change the position of the valve or the position of the red spoke!?

You can change the position of the red spoke. Whoever built the wheel should probably have put it there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

You can change the position of the red spoke. Whoever built the wheel should probably have put it there

Its normally three spokes from the valve (on an old set I have anyway) - same location as these wheels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

letape wrote: »
    ^^^ The Pinarello is very nice. What do people see wrong with it?!

I take issue with the fact that the image is of a Chinese knock off version!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I like this
    zero9-medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

^^^ What in the hell gearing has that got? (im not a mtb'r)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

^^^ What in the hell gearing has that got? (im not a mtb'r)

I think you can ride up walls on that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

That gearing is actually not as low as you get on any 9-10sp mtb out there. The inner ring on a standard mtb triple chainset is just 22t, and that's usually coupled with a 32t or even a 36t rear sprocket.

I'm assuming the 30/42 combo is a solution for a 1x11 system, the gaps between the gears must be brutal but you don't have the hassle of a FD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I like and want everything about this bike except the Ferarri badge.

http://m.cyclingnews.com/features/colnago-launches-the-v1-r-aero-road-bike#previous

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Daroxtar wrote: »
    I like this
    zero9-medium.jpg

I'm torn. Is that a reflection on the bottom of a weirdly shaped top tube or is it a cable outer running perfectly straight underneath a nicely curved top tube ruining the lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    I'm torn. Is that a reflection on the bottom of a weirdly shaped top tube or is it a cable outer running perfectly straight underneath a nicely curved top tube ruining the lines?

It's a bow string. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

that's a lot of strings for your bow!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

IMG_20140625_210929.jpg

My new bike. Hope it classes as an 'image of beauty'!

Still to change the bottle cage, drop the stem around another 5/10mm and the a Barfly for my Garmin and the Di2 junction box (hence the temp cable tie job)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

scott.s wrote: »

Still to change the bottle cage, drop the stem around another 5/10mm and the a Barfly for my Garmin and the Di2 junction box (hence the temp cable tie job)

Don't forget the bartape change ;-)

Raam wrote: »
    Don't forget the bartape change ;-)

Oooh :P Green tape and green pedals, to match the club gear. Everything else is black-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Oooh :P Green tape and green pedals, to match the club gear. Everything else is black-ish

I like black bikes. Here is my bro's new machine...

312208.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

^^^ he should change that K to a D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I support the green bartape. I think it pops nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

.ak wrote: »

I'm not into stunt bikes but I can appreciate it for what it is. I also have huge respect for the skills that their riders are capable of. Why no front brakes though? Surely stoppies and the like would be impossible without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Was that you cycling between Terenure and Rathgar earlier? Couldn't get a definitive look at the bike at the lights in Rathgar - if not you it was a similar one anyway! Beautiful bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Last thing to do is change the shifters but they will do for now
    D090D808325F4129A4E905C4E1966B55-0000314346-0003596580-00800L-024478DAE82B4720B3370E181094C8DB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

^^^ I have one of these (my first of 4 TCRs) and it's a great bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well its something like 2009 since I posted in this thread, so anyway I replaced my old run around with this new run around.. Looking at the images of beauty in this thread my bike ain't gonna make anyone's day but I only commute (40km round trip per day) & used my bike for extra training for judo.

312566.jpg

312567.jpg

I like the wavy disc's, I have some on my motorbike too :D

312568.jpg

The pie plate and spoke reflectors have been taken off of course

312569.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Daroxtar wrote: »

Is this a promotional shot from the new Batman film?

• Advertisement

Was that you cycling between Terenure and Rathgar earlier? Couldn't get a definitive look at the bike at the lights in Rathgar - if not you it was a similar one anyway! Beautiful bike.

Wasn't me! Only had the bike out on the road once since it was built. Have to tune in the position so it's going on the turbo this afternoon and getting adjusted

Advertisement