Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Raam wrote: »
    The Trek is pretty, but it is still a Trek. That is a problem.

Have to look pretty hard to see that it is though, at least in that picture, which can't hurt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

AstraMonti wrote: »
    You forgot the best part, it's 4.6kgs.

Pretty impressive. I was a bit disappointed when I saw the 50/34 though. Yes I know it's more practical but still....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Pretty impressive. I was a bit disappointed when I saw the 50/34 though. Yes I know it's more practical but still....

Its probably marginally lighter than a double, purely to hit the lightest weight for the press release...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

I've heard this a few times in the last year. Why is that a problem? What's wrong with Trek?

I saw a video of said bike and it's got an integrated seat post. Does anyone know what the clip thing is about half way up the seat post?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I've heard this a few times in the last year. Why is that a problem? What's wrong with Trek?

I saw a video of said bike and it's got an integrated seat post. Does anyone know what the clip thing is about half way up the seat post?

That's the clamp on the seat mast topper. Look carefully, the integrated seat post is slightly narrower below the clamp.
    The saddle is mounted on a sleeve that can move up and down to allow adjustment. Seems to have loads of room on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

IMG_20140601_083524.jpg

Latest addition to the collection (yes I know I need to cut the fork)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Junior please report to the registry area for my enemies list*

*even though Specialized will eventually sue you for unauthorised display of Specialized logos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Junior wrote: »
    Latest addition to the collection
    Nice bike. Get the hacksaw out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

We need a few years to get over the relationship between Trek and LA and secondly they are way too common a sight. As bikes I am sure they are great to ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

We need a few years to get over the relationship between Trek and LA and secondly they are way too common a sight. As bikes I am sure they are great to ride.

lance aside like a giant they are just far too common, its nice to spend a bit of money on a bike and not to see loads of the same bike when out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

manafana wrote: »
    lance aside like a giant they are just far too common, its nice to spend a bit of money on a bike and not to see loads of the same bike when out.

I have to agree that individuality is more interesting than uniformity but, as makers like Giant produce more than thirty different mens' road bikes each year, the chances of seeing loads of the same are pretty rare. Having decided on a Defy Comp 2 earlier in the year, I have only seen one other so far despite doing quite a few sportifs.
    Mind you, I do miss the camaraderie of other Mercian owners since I wrote off my previous bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

My two money eaters ha ha.

Cannondale Caad10, and an F5 with a carbon Lefty.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

F5

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Thorn Audax Mk. 3.P1020988_zpscec8c81e.jpg
    P1020989_zpsa4d81010.jpg
    P1020990_zps937048ac.jpg

P1020991_zpsfc5a2393.jpg
    P1020992_zpse68eb2c9.jpg
    P1020994_zps785b7df6.jpg
    P1020993_zpsb05cc017.jpg
    P1020995_zps59c10259.jpg

87 miles on the Speedo!

P1020996_zps7335a77d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

What a beauty always wanted one myself, best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

We need a few years to get over the relationship between Trek and LA...

A clubmate said exactly that to me a few months back. This from behind his Oakleys while wearing a kit made by Nike. Selective snobbery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

The 1st hand didn't get get much use out of that Thorn.
    It looks new...... and beautiful.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

No he didn't seem to, not with 87 miles on the puter. Nice Kinesis DC 07 Winter fork upgrade and Deda carbon seatpin. Tubus Fly thrown in also and dual sided SPd's. Great deal to be honest.

I've the Dying Cow, Dying Light and Frates Cruciferi pencilled in. Better get a move on......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

:eek: and what is wrong with a Trek? Not the whole Armstrong thing I hope?

I ride a Trek myself and love it. I don't get the whole to common thing. Is that not saying something about companies like Giant and Trek etc? Their bikes are popular because they are priced well and usually kitted out ok.

Would you say the same thing about Volkswagen? The roads are FULL of VW but thats because they are a good car. Why spend more or less on a different car just to be different when the car everyone is riding is bulletproof?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

A clubmate said exactly that to me a few months back. This from behind his Oakleys while wearing a kit made by Nike. Selective snobbery?

Not really, I go all the way, Niikes on bike look wrong anyway :p
    logik wrote: »
    :eek: and what is wrong with a Trek? Not the whole Armstrong thing I hope?

I ride a Trek myself and love it. I don't get the whole to common thing. Is that not saying something about companies like Giant and Trek etc? Their bikes are popular because they are priced well and usually kitted out ok.

Would you say the same thing about Volkswagen? The roads are FULL of VW but thats because they are a good car. Why spend more or less on a different car just to be different when the car everyone is riding is bulletproof?

We 're making this a bigger deal than it is. If everyone was happy with VW everyone would drive just a VW, luckilly we can drive whatever we like and cycle the same. There is nothing wrong with Trek, they are fine build machines, they are just a very common sight and the entry levels are more meh than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Not mine, but a thing of beauty.
    Love the stark black and white.

314249.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

314264.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

Cortina U1, very low maintainace, no gears, back pedal break, encased drive train.

314910.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Cortina U1, very low maintainace, no gears, back pedal break, encased drive train.

314910.JPG
    thats too cool for skool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

My new Ridley Fenix just arrived today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

That is gorgeous! Be sure to take a spirit level to that saddle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

never mind the ripley, whats the back wheel in the picture belong to?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭royrogers

Junior wrote: »
    IMG_20140601_083524.jpg

Latest addition to the collection (yes I know I need to cut the fork)

What model is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

WANT
    RB1000_silver_white_bici_da_corsa_zpsd304e64f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Scrappy...We are two peas in a pod :o

Advertisement