Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Zesty 527, first complete new bike I've bought since 1988!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Had a sneaky spin on this earlier today while Raam was out running with his bike on his shoulder. That stem needs lowering. Even with your saddle height being slightly higher than mine is, it doesn't feel racey in the drops like mine does. Still nice though. If there was any less material on the "saddle" it would be a seatpost!

I've only ridden 30km on the thing since I got it about two weeks ago. Give me a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Raam wrote: »
    I've only ridden 30km on the thing since I got it about two weeks ago. Give me a break!

You'd swear that you had something else to be doing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

Winter bus 2014 tryed & tested this morning ..
    Very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

countrykid wrote: »
    Very happy
    owl-upside-down_2156162i.jpg

Looks tidy from my angle.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Very happy

Very nice, Countrykid. Is that bronze colour the frame-only option ie. you bought frame separately and built it up? I'm thinking of getting an Equilibrium, but the only nice colour in the 2015 line up is that bronze. Also, stock versions (Equilibrium 20 and 30) come with Campy this year, whereas I'd prefer 105 or Ultegra.

outfox wrote: »
    Very nice, Countrykid. Is that bronze colour the frame-only option ie. you bought frame separately and built it up? I'm thinking of getting an Equilibrium, but the only nice colour in the 2015 line up is that bronze. Also, stock versions (Equilibrium 20 and 30) come with Campy this year, whereas I'd prefer 105 or Ultegra.

Yeah... That's the frameset option..
    The only colour available as a frameset I think..
    Don't know what number this one equates to but it's made of the 725 Reynolds ...
    I had one earlier in the year and built it with campy - was lovely but I felt the frame deserved a better groupo so slung the 7800 dura ace on.
    The brakes unfortunately have to be long drops- shimano do 2 types- 105 level ( mine) and ultegra level- I swapped the pads for decent ones and I'm more than happy with the performance..

@countrykid For some strange reason your link shows your bike upside down when viewed on my phone, it's fine while on my computer.:confused:
    Just in case you were wondering why I'm posting cute owl pictures.

@countrykid For some strange reason your link shows your bike upside down when viewed on my phone, it's fine while on my computer.:confused:

Had figured it may be a reference to something like that...
    The owl is a cutie anyway - an image of beauty- in a strange kinda way !

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Gasco

Very happy

You bought another!! Liking the colour a lot.

• Advertisement

Gasco wrote: »
    You bought another!! Liking the colour a lot.

I did...
    Missed the feel!!
    Went a size down this time..
    Not much difference really but is the same size as my volare so makes sense

Stop holding your phone upside down! Jeez, if the tax man can't do basic things right then Allah help us!

Countrykid, you were lucky to get that frameset in time for winter. LBS tells me that if I order now, I'll get it in Feb!
    BTW, what frame size did you go for? It looks like a 54 cm in the photo. Is the Genesis frame sizing fairly standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

gman2k wrote: »

now thats beautiful :D

Countrykid, you were lucky to get that frameset in time for winter. LBS tells me that if I order now, I'll get it in Feb!
    BTW, what frame size did you go for? It looks like a 54 cm in the photo. Is the Genesis frame sizing fairly standard?

Yeah..
    I had it pre ordered ...
    It's a 52 genesis
    Fits like a 54 in most bikes
    The slope is dramatic but the head tube and top tube are normal
    I had a 54 before and have down sized based on top tube length

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Those Genesis frames are so nice.

A little something for a dirty weekend....
    20141028_185342.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

gman2k wrote: »

Love that,you do much mtbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Love that,you do much mtbing?

It's my main poison, but as always my skills don't match the bikes abilities.

Sorry to bother you one more time Countrykid. Can I ask what height you are? Cant decide on 52 or 54 cm frame. I'm 5-9.

• Advertisement

Sorry to bother you one more time Countrykid. Can I ask what height you are? Cant decide on 52 or 54 cm frame. I'm 5-9.

I would definitly say 52...
    However... If your the flexible type who lays as flat as your back will go on a bike then maybe 54
    I'm over 5'10 but not quiet 5 '11
    52 suits me
    For the record- there is no tube on the bike that's 52cm!!
    Seat tube is shorter-48cm
    Top tube is virtual 538!
    Head tube 132 I think
    I ride a 54 in most bikes..
    I was advised to size down and tbh the advice was spot on
    If your passing Kildare at any stage your welcome to try mine out

Thanks CK. That's good advice. I'm normally 54 too, so looks like a 52 would suit.
    Wonder what the boardsies views are on this below? I suspect it will be moved to the ugly thread.

equilibrium-disc-20-2015-road-bike-ec073926

genesis-equilibrium-disc-20-2015-road-bike.jpg

Thanks CK. That's good advice. I'm normally 54 too, so looks like a 52 would suit.
    Wonder what the boardsies views are on this below? I suspect it will be moved to the ugly thread.

too loud for me...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Looks like a bike made by JCB outfox :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I love it. The brighter the better. Pity there's so much black on it. Red forks would be the business!

gadetra wrote: »
    I love it. The brighter the better. Pity there's so much black on it. Red forks would be the business!

You should get your head checked. That recent crash may have damaged more than your collar bone!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Pfft! It's time to break the black hegemony…! There's far too much of it on bikes. If I had my way there would be no black or white. Much like my (non-cycling) wardrobe. Colour goes with colour. And if it's not working simply add more colour. I can professionally attest to the veracity of the above :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

gadetra wrote: »
    Pfft! It's time to break the black hegemony…! There's far too much of it on bikes. If I had my way there would be no black or white. Much like my (non-cycling) wardrobe. Colour goes with colour. And if it's not working simply add more colour. I can professionally attest to the veracity of the above :p

Yes, but too much yellow strays into TDF leader territory.

Apart from Gadetra, opinions on the yellow seem to be negative overall.
    It might be fun to cycle a bike that creates such polar views...
    And I love that JCB reference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Apart from Gadetra, opinions on the yellow seem to be negative overall.
    It might be fun to cycle a bike that creates such polar views...
    And I love that JCB reference.

I'm generally a big fan of Genesis bikes but they've really screwed up with their colour scheme this year.

Advertisement