Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

The bar tape looks a bit botched and cheap. The pain job is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    She's beautiful to me :) (Bar tape is possibly changing to black though :confused:)

20150220_174504_zpszhkudi7s.jpg

My ex frame. Nicely pimped up but I had Sram red bar tape on it. Looked well too. Good luck with it, you got a bargain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Muckers wrote: »
    My ex frame. Nicely pimped up but I had Sram red bar tape on it. Looked well too. Good luck with it, you got a bargain there.

She's being spoilt rotten. :) She'll be ready for the road as soon as new inners/outers show up. I may well have to order red tape just to see how it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Vizzy

^^^^^^

Have you got the gate there in case she makes a bid for freedom ?

Bikes on one side. Rug rats on the other. You can never be to careful ;) That's her bedroom in the background :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

never mind the bike, which is nice(bar the handle bar tape) for me its the use of quality toilet roll that makes this OP the daddy!

Bloggsie wrote: »
    never mind the bike, which is nice(bar the handle bar tape) for me its the use of quality toilet roll that makes this OP the daddy!

My arse deserves a touch of quality it gets enough abuse on the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

339952.JPG

Such an impractical colour scheme for mud :) I'd see a bit more teal in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Did anybody run discs during the cx season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Did anybody run discs during the cx season?

Well, I more walked them, than ran them.
    I have nothing to compare them to, as the only CX bike, I ever sat on, had discs.
    But, they were great, mechanical set up. It appeared to me, that there was less clogging, than there would have been with cantis.

• Advertisement

I did. Why?

(I have no comparison to cantis though)

Alek wrote: »
    I did. Why?

(I have no comparison to cantis though)

I want to know how they compare to cantis. Will you get a cantis setup and report back? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I ran discs this season. I can say this much, they stopped me when I needed them to and they didn't make that horrible canti noise while doing so.:D

After comments from other people riding cantis ("they offer suggestion of braking" - dave_o_brien) I'd stick with my discs :)
    and they didn't make that horrible canti noise while doing so.

Mine squeal like pigs on the road when its wet. Suprisingly no noise in the mud.

On the other hand, I have different rotors on my CX wheels.

I like everything about this except the saddle position.

340017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

diamond back made good bikes back in the day iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

My Planet-X RT58 Carbon.
    In the end I upped the cranks and pedals to Ultegra so its full matchy matchy, and held out for the Matte black..

So glad I did. Only one half decent spin on it so far but going to ring the neck off it this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

yes bar the one in the top RH corner the brickwork is vey good!

R1_Pete wrote: »
    My Planet-X RT58 Carbon.
    In the end I upped the cranks and pedals to Ultegra so its full matchy matchy, and held out for the Matte black..

So glad I did. Only one half decent spin on it so far but going to ring the neck off it this weekend :)

Lovely bike. Very stealthy.
    Are there any Planet X decals on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

R1_Pete wrote: »
    My Planet-X RT58 Carbon.

Do you cycle on flat pedals with those black resin toe clips screwed on to them? How do you find that? Im thinking of trying other options like that again, starting to hate SPD.

• Advertisement

I used to cycle with those plastic half-clips made by Zefal. They're very good for what they are, keep your shoes in position on the pedal and release easily in case of a fall, but they're no match for SPDs :)

I may still have a spare set, need to check, PM me if you're interested :)

Eamonnator wrote: »

Cheers Eamonn, there is a small PX Decal on the headtube and one faint one on the underside of the downtube, neither very noticeable..

Thargor wrote: »
    Do you cycle on flat pedals with those black resin toe clips screwed on to them? How do you find that? Im thinking of trying other options like that again, starting to hate SPD.

I just recently (2 cycles ago) swapped them for SPD on both my commuter bike and the PX, still getting used to the SPD and wouldnt rule out the flat/resin combo for commutuing as its really felxible, any shoe etc, and easy to get in and out of, but so far im loving the SPD's on the weekend bike, ive yet to comute with them though..

They were just on in that picture for testing until the SPD arrived..

P

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Eamonnator wrote: »

I'm guessing the design hasn't changed since '14......very understated graphics, hardly notice them
    As mine appears
    image.jpg1_zpssjni1lgh.jpg

So just to update since last pic she's gone entirely dark now including crankset thanks to a bargain on Rose, black jagwire road pro cable kit,stem and bar tape. Happy chappy and already building up a new winter bike :)

20150306_175846_zpswrjzkjua.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

^^^ Sweet

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    So just to update since last pic she's gone entirely dark now including crankset thanks to a bargain on Rose, black jagwire road pro cable kit,stem and bar tape. Happy chappy and already building up a new winter bike :)

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/leeomurchu/20150306_175846_zpswrjzkjua.jpg[/IMG]

very nice.

My new self build just finished yesterday. Looking forward to giving it a run out at the weekend.

Gorgeous.
    The red outer cables tie it all together nicely.(just like Lebowski's rug)

• Advertisement

Muckers wrote: »
    My new self build just finished yesterday. Looking forward to giving it a run out at the weekend.

I'm looking forward to taking it off your hands already :D

Advertisement