Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to taking it off your hands already :D

You'll have to wait a while for this one :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Muckers, that's a gorgeous bike. Swoon!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Muckers wrote: »
    My new self build just finished yesterday. Looking forward to giving it a run out at the weekend.

I love everything about that bike, great work.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭donal7

I want...

Pista1_zpslwyyzpwo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Muckers wrote: »
    My new self build just finished yesterday. Looking forward to giving it a run out at the weekend.

Absolutely beautiful looking machine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Only €17,500 and it has a limited edition badge! You'd be mad to not buy one!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/audi-sport-racing-bike-launched

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

Ridley orion with a few upgrades including power meter. Bought it for 825 euro and replaced a few bits and have it at a respectable 7.5kg now

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Only €14,000. Wasn't sure if I should post here or in the bargain alerts thread.

Capture.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

outfox wrote: »
    Only €14,000. Wasn't sure if I should post here or in the bargain alerts thread.

Christ no, old should not be mixed with new, in fact old should just step back and lock itself in a room with the other antiques ;-)

Can you tell i'm not a fan of traditional frames?!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dont want to sound like a d(ckhead on this, but be awful careful on the images you upload. I was reading an article there the other day about bikes been robbed and also saw a program on kids been targeted and paedophiles turning up at their door from the details they got from their photos.
    The same has been related to bike thefts.

When you are putting pics of your bike just be careful of what info goes with it.

I can see one lad here used a Canon IXUS 132 to take a pic, another a SAMSUNG GT-I9505.

So just be careful, some incredible bikes here, and some with much too much information available.

Sorry for off topic but just a heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

yop wrote: »
    Dont want to sound like a d(ckhead on this, but be awful careful on the images you upload. I was reading an article there the other day about bikes been robbed and also saw a program on kids been targeted and paedophiles turning up at their door from the details they got from their photos.

When you are putting pics of your bike just be careful of what info goes with it.

I can see one lad here used a Canon IXUS 132 to take a pic, another a SAMSUNG GT-I9505.

So just be careful, some incredible bikes here, and some with much too much information available.

i'd be more worried at the posting of GC/strava logs which list the bike and show where the poster lives, was guilty of that myself in the past but no more. even if you've the privacy feature on it's a bad idea.

but this is a fair point too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Christ no, old should not be mixed with new, in fact old should just step back and lock itself in a room with the other antiques ;-)

Can you tell i'm not a fan of traditional frames?!!!

Not to be a stick in the mud, but that is a new frame...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Paedophiles are stealing bikes? It keeps getting worse

Anyone can read exif data for any photo and it's pretty irrelevant what it was taken with, all digital devices record what the image was taken with nowadays. The problem arises with pictures that were taken on devices that have location services active and are geo tagged giving the location where the photo was taken which in my admittedly worthless opinion is pretty rare but is where the concern lies not in the basic exif data (which is where you've gotten the device details) which anyone can read in relation to any photo they view.

Not to be a stick in the mud, but that is a new frame...

Ah you know what i mean! Looks like something that creaked through the tour back in the 80's, it's even more depressing that its new so!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

It's a new frame alright. They're making 70 of them to celebrate Merckx's 70th birthday, at €14,000 each. They sent me an email, cos I bought a slightly(!) cheaper Merckx 2 years ago. I think the Merckx email dept. really need to evaluate their customers a bit better. Maybe I should report the email as spam :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Anyone can read exif data for any photo and it's pretty irrelevant what it was taken with, all digital devices record what the image was taken with nowadays. The problem arises with pictures that were taken on devices that have location services active and are geo tagged giving the location where the photo was taken which in my admittedly worthless opinion is pretty rare but is where the concern lies not in the basic exif data (which is where you've gotten the device details) which anyone can read in relation to any photo they view.

Thats my point with the geolocation and strava also mentioned. Software can be bought by those who want to track pics and rob whatever it be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Upload your pics to Imgur and it strips the EXIF data automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

saw this on the velominati website recently.. not a big fan of new trend of splashing camo on things (cippolini, tinkov saxo etc) but i think the paintwork is so nicely done on this frame, runs into the stem too. jaeger is a custom builder i so probably costs an arm and a leg.

11049651_967857589898806_683894606438707228_n.jpg?oh=4f4cc8c71b79ca1865cee2aab1c339e8&oe=55724329&__gda__=1434090583_615545a24aa177db83937df50c96b11a

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

meh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

At least they got the tones right. It could have been a lot worse.

2013_Quintana_Roo_CD01_Camo_602604_i0.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

It could have been a lot worse.

How???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

At least they got the tones right. It could have been a lot worse.

???????
    Wrong thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057081864&page=56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Jaysus lads, dont shoot the messenger :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

Jaysus lads, dont shoot the messenger :pac:
    if he brought me that i would

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

Hi all,

Haven't been on here a while but after finishing this for, and riding it in, the Vintage Tour of Conamara at the weekend I thought a share was worthwhile. There are more images on www.oldvelos.com Best wishes, Brendan

16978133662_a9b3ba00bb_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

DHT32K9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Raam wrote: »
    DHT32K9.jpg

Ohh my days...them side walls. :eek: Fine looking machine Raam.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Not mine at all!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Raam wrote: »
    DHT32K9.jpg

No that is my kind of bike! Just need to wint he lotto

Advertisement