Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

0de4cd5b36f78b610bad15470b85c0017f922aca.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I was kicking up about the blatant mysongny on this forum well before Gadetra was a member. But I'll choose to take it as a compliment.

The blatant my song new york? How does that one go?

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I think it's pippa midleton.

The sister of the eh..... Princess of wales???

How come Diana was a princess but the new one is only a duchess?

gadetra wrote: »
    :pac:
    In fairness Harry is absolutely right. If it was a guy holding that bike the same comment wouldn't have been made, so it's not on. It took all I have not to call it out actually! If I could have thanked Harry's post repeatedly i would have. I'll stop there

Oh come off it! Look at this!

353036.jpg

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    How come Diana was a princess but the new one is only a duchess?

She is a princess, her full title being: Her Royal Highness Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus

Her Duchess title takes seniority to that of Princess as far as I know.

• Advertisement

6-jag_pinarello_bolide_hr_image_070615_07.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

^^ Even the Jaguar sticker fails to make it less awesome.

I wonder whether the forks go wiggly when you heat them up?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Oh come off it! Look at this!

h=1&d=1435133116

Objectification of either gender is not ok. This is a pretty bike thread, not a human ornaments thread. I have been guilty myself of it, and just because it's a guy doesn't make it any less ok. :P

It does make me a hypocrite for my Bernie Eisel fancy-ing in the party bus though :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Why don't we get back to objectifying bikes instead? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

i dare anyone to honestly admit that they have looked at someone, male or female that is hot and not thought wow, he/she is a cracker or similar, should they comment on the person in an inappropriate manner on a forum such as this, they deserve to have their comments responded to. I think it is safe to say that some peoples sense of humour or irony is not some others cup of tea!

• Advertisement

Bloggsie wrote: »
    i dare anyone to honestly admit that they have looked at someone, male or female that is hot and not thought wow, he/she is a cracker or similar, should they comment on the person in an inappropriate manner on a forum such as this, they deserve to have their comments responded to. I think it is safe to say that some peoples sense of humour or irony is not some others cup of tea!

Indeed. I was only slagging Gadetra, not meaning to objectify that nice man in any way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Exactly! Looking at people you fancy is only natural. Objecting people in a pretty bike thread is not. Simple!

Bike objectification is essential. Even though they have feelings too. The amount of bikes I meet whose riders don't even know their names *shakes head sadly* :P

I'm gonna hunt Lusk_Doyle down with my individually named,feminist-ridden bike army. He has about 2 days to escape. There is no point in trying to cycle away either. His bikes work for me now mua ha ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

157630?$Hero$

Over €15k but almost looks worth it.

Someone needs to speak to designers re wheel decals.. Specifically, Oval, Roval and Lightweight

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Fian wrote: »
    I'd rather spend the €15k on a trip to Switzerland after falling into deep neuropsychological trauma over the state of bicycle aesthetics.

Each to their own. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

^^^ Spesh

* barf *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Not just wheel designers, colour schemes and paintwork/design on bikes in general.

Also, that stem...?

Exactly! Looking at people you fancy is only natural. Objecting people in a pretty bike thread is not. Simple!

Bike objectification is essential. Even though they have feelings too. The amount of bikes I meet whose riders don't even know their names *shakes head sadly* :P

I'm gonna hunt Lusk_Doyle down with my individually named,feminist-ridden bike army. He has about 2 days to escape. There is no point in trying to cycle away either. His bikes work for me now mua ha ha ha!

Is it a form of bike abuse for really fat people to cycle bikes, in your gospel?

With Gadetra on your ass, Lusk Doyle yere fooked, leave the country now drop everything, go to Brazil or Uruaguay, some place far away, Narnia migth be good!

With Gadetra on your ass, Lusk Doyle yere fooked, leave the country now drop everything, go to Brazil or Uruaguay, some place far away, Narnia migth be good!

It's cool. I'll see her (or him) a long way off with those odd socks and I have a metal detector so if she (or he) gets close then the shoulder will give her (or his) presence away!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Bike objectification is essential. Even though they have feelings too.
    are bikes male or female?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

That spesh is on the wrong thread, that's puke ugly

157630?$Hero$

for €15k they could make it look better, IMHO it looks like a micra with chunky tyres, skirt & bumpers with a BIG effin exhuast stuck out the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

for €15k they could make it look better, IMHO it looks like a micra with chunky tyres, skirt & bumpers with a BIG effin exhuast stuck out the back!

it might look like a micra, but I'm sure it goes like sh1t off a shovel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

lennymc wrote: »
    it might look like a micra, but I'm sure it goes like sh1t off a shovel.
    Why does fast have to equate to ugly as well though?

function over form. F1 cars are one of the fastest cars about, but look hideous compared to something like a mk2 jag, or even the f1 cars of the 60s/70s

It's cool. I'll see her (or him) a long way off with those odd socks and I have a metal detector so if she (or he) gets close then the shoulder will give her (or his) presence away!

pfj.jpg

thread derailment?

lennymc wrote: »
    thread derailment?

Right back on topic!

353053.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That was done prior to the mini feminist movement we just had there.

:pac::pac:

It's a perfectly adequate bike which I will admire in a responsible manner. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

353064.jpeg

Advertisement