Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

I'm going to print that, cut it out and cycle it home :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

lennymc wrote: »
    pfj.jpg

thread derailment?
    no its derailment of thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭thehangtenguy

My steed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    It's cool. I'll see her (or him) a long way off with those odd socks and I have a metal detector so if she (or he) gets close then the shoulder will give her (or his) presence away!

By the power of my odd socks your bikes shall neutralize you by the time my personal bike army gets (rattles to) there, whereupon the heaviest steelies will wreak terrible revenge upon your person.

Yes, exceeding the weight limit for the bike is bike abuse.

Bike can be male, female, both and neither. They exist on a non binary scale. They're whoever they need to be. They can even change when they change owners.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

I really feel sorry for any new people joing this thread, reading previous posts will confuse & possibly scare the sh1t out of them!

as for me, i hae a warped twisted sense of humour that has stood me in good stead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

353064.jpeg

Is that the TCR Advanced 15 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Cona wrote: »
    Is that the TCR Advanced 15 ???

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Its gorgeous...looking for new wheels at the moment but it would have to be suitable and comforatble for long spins. I expect that this is too stiff for long rides?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Cona wrote: »
    Its gorgeous...looking for new wheels at the moment but it would have to be suitable and comforatble for long spins. I expect that this is too stiff for long rides?

Well, my last couple of bikes have all been race bikes; TCR's and Ridley Orion's. None have been uncomfortable for 200km spins, and this in particular is very comfortable. Fit is important; this fits me great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

A classic frame in modern gear.

IMG_2145_zpseidqlrm9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

If it had different wheels it would be nice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think the wheels look really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Looks like a waste of good modern components, if you ask me... which you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

only taken 20 months but new bike made up of new frame and what parts could be salvaged from bike post accident (previously http://i60.tinypic.com/fao7rt.jpg). Stem feels a little long and might need to be replaced.

10wsj9j.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

More nonsensical upgrades on my XTC, new BB, dropper post, nobby nics (2.25) and hans dampf (2.35) bike is completely transformed on the trails, dog is fairly impressed despite pic. This bike is so fast its scary on some of the trails now, almost had another trip to the A&E, but thanks to a couple of Steri-Strips was avoided.

11377304_683436855090754_382987545_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

Raam wrote: »
    Looks like a waste of good modern components, if you ask me... which you didn't.

Lotta sense in not asking you so

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I concur. Just don't get it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Lotta sense in not asking you so

Who asked you to not ask me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Who asked you to ask him to ask who asked not to ask you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it was me who didn't ask anyone to not ask anyone anything so i probably deserve the blame, if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

I'm not sure TT bikes should be allowed on this thread, but I do like this paint job.

CIVyMS2W8AAWvMu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

decals on the disc stating the obvious..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I'm not sure TT bikes should be allowed on this thread, but I do like this paint job.
    I don't think they should be regardless of paint job!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

I'm not sure TT bikes should be allowed on this thread, but I do like this paint job

My eyes hurt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

AstraMonti wrote: »
    A classic frame in modern gear.

The classic frame has the problem of poor acceleration.
    The modern wheels have the problem of poor deceleration.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

i asked myself why you asked yourself even though you were never asked...

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

JJJJNR wrote: »
    More nonsensical upgrades on my XTC, new BB, dropper post, nobby nics (2.25) and hans dampf (2.35) bike is completely transformed on the trails, dog is fairly impressed despite pic. This bike is so fast its scary on some of the trails now, almost had another trip to the A&E, but thanks to a couple of Steri-Strips was avoided.

Get a shorter stem ( 50 - 60mm) and bring the seat back a bit on its rails a bit to compensate (maybe level it so you don't get sore nuts) and the handling will be totally transformed once again

Might need 180mm discs to slow you down better from all that speed... the spending continues :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,066 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The classic frame has the problem of poor acceleration.
    The modern wheels have the problem of poor deceleration.
    But modern brakes on modern wheels are possibly better than classic brakes on classic wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

JBokeh wrote: »
    Get a shorter stem ( 50 - 60mm) and bring the seat back a bit on its rails a bit to compensate (maybe level it so you don't get sore nuts) and the handling will be totally transformed once again

Might need 180mm discs to slow you down better from all that speed... the spending continues :pac:

yeah I really regret not holding onto my hope brakes from my previous bike, they made a huge difference, the seat has been sympathetically.adjusted since photo.. !

• Advertisement

To be built.

353194.jpg

Advertisement