Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Lumen wrote: »
    As someone who both skied and played marbles in the 1980s I have to agree. What a decade!

Man, best decade ever. Cycling was sexy: Hinault versus Fignon, Hinault versus Lemond, Hinault versus everyone really, Roche v Viscentini, Rooche v Delgado, Phil Anderson with Oakley ski galsses in a Panasonic jersey, Robert Millar with a Pony tail, Sean Kelly.

. . . and music - awesome:
    Smiths, Cure, Jesus and Mary Chain, New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Pixies, Fatima Mansions.

There isnt a day in my middle aged life that goes by when I wish for the 80's, high interest rates, High unemployemnt and high taxes - you need that sort of misery to produce great music, sports and shellsuits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ROK ON wrote: »
    Fatima Mansions.
    they were more of a 90s band, surely?
    i used to walk two miles to school in the early 90s. 'blues for ceasescu' was the best song to walk to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Well I was born in 85 so not a huge amount of 80's nostalgia for me. However, colour with colour with colour is absolutely delicious and sadly lacking in bikes now IMO. Too much black going on. Black schmuck!

ETA I say that as the owner of a black bike. But she has lots of red and white on her too. And red bar tape. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i used to walk two miles to school in the early 90s. 'blues for ceasescu' was the best song to walk to.
    i tell a white lie.
    'blues for ceaucescu' was the best bang for the buck, but nothing could compete with 'sister ray' for distance covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

gadetra wrote: »
    Well I was born in 85 so not a huge amount of 80's nostalgia for me. However, colour with colour with colour is absolutely delicious and sadly lacking in bikes now IMO. Too much black going on. Black schmuck!

ETA I say that as the owner of a black bike. But she has lots of red and white on her too. And red bar tape. :D

85? You are but a baby!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    85? You are but a baby!

Waaa!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    85? You are but a baby!
    So are you, but perhaps there are different reasons for me to say that ....

Anyway back off-topic - the 70s beat the 80s by a country mile (well around 10 years anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    So are you, but perhaps there are different reasons for me to say that ....

Anyway back off-topic - the 70s beat the 80s by a country mile (well around 10 years anyway!)

Yea whatever grandad. Go take your meds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

my caad reminds me of 80's shell suits. It's that kind of flouro red. Pictures really dont do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Bro's track bike.

358876.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

What bars?

What bars?

Cinelli "something". He says they are track specific, and I can see some parts which are maybe, but they seem to have inner routing for cables too.

Raam wrote: »
    Cinelli "something". He says they are track specific, and I can see some parts which are, but they seem to have inner routing for cables too.

http://www.wiggle.com/cinelli-neo-morphe-xl-carbon-road-handlebar/

Don't look track specific to me at all, just bars with funky stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Bro's track bike.

Fantastic looking bike. Really top drawer.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

http://www.wiggle.com/cinelli-neo-morphe-xl-carbon-road-handlebar/

Don't look track specific to me at all, just bars with funky stuff.

Think they're a little like the 3T Sphinx bars?

BsTT11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

sTT11.jpg[/IMG]

Yes.

I hesitate to snip the image because it's so...yes.

i'm not sure about the colour co-ordinated seat pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

That is lovely

i'm not sure about the colour co-ordinated seat pin.

That's what you picked up on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

That's what you picked up on?

The co-ordinated stem is also a bit questionable, while the white bar tape, saddle and bottle cages are also a bit wrong. Frame beautiful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Gosh that's really lovely.

That egg-shell blue or whatever it's called is a winner generally though on any bike I've seen it in. -Ritte do similar, and I've seen a few of those Cannondale evo's in that blue and it's .... proper.

Yum.

Such a breath of fresh air too from the frickin ubiquitous "stealth" matt-black-everything trend of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

anything with gulf racing colours is lovely (But I would say that)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

lennymc wrote: »
    anything with gulf racing colours is lovely (But I would say that)

And just as nice with four wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

you gotta have deep pockets to get a top end C60 and then think, ill go for a custom paint job now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

BsTT11.jpg[/IMG]

Something odd about where the stem connects to the handlebars but the paint scheme is very nice. I'm afraid the holes for the internal cable routing kinda ruin it for me though (being really picky). They'd annoy me every time I looked at it...

Something odd about where the stem connects to the handlebars but the paint scheme is very nice. I'm afraid the holes for the internal cable routing kinda ruin it for me though (being really picky). They'd annoy me every time I looked at it...

Seems like the stem bolts are at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

you gotta have deep pockets to get a top end C60 and then think, ill go for a custom paint job now.

Definitely....................unless it's not a real C60.

I think it might be a very good looking knock -off. The C60 (along with many other 'nagos) should have a split in the rear fork above the caliper, just like the pic below

1411147790719-15dro7rum3etg-960-540.jpg

and this one appears not to, so is it a fake?

A very good one if so, lovely flueted lugs etc and beautiful down tube.....

:mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

No, smaller sized frames don't have the cutout above the rear brake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,066 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

SJPxNDK.jpg

Advertisement