Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

ROK ON wrote: »
    @Tonto/Mario/whatever:
    Beauty, absolute beauty. Wilier looks great. Yours is the Mortirolo, right?

I am in the mkt for a new bike and I really like the idea of buying something that are not that common (so no Treks/Giantsetc).
    Anyway, just to pick your brains why did you go for a Wilier, and are there any stockists here apart from cyclesurgery.

It's a Mortirolo alright.

In the market for a new one already? That Dolan is lovely

I went for the Wilier because I got a great deal on it. I actually bought it in Spain, from my father-in-law's LBS. Read the reviews and loved it when I took it for a test spin, so it was a bit of a no-brainer. I'd definitely consider Wilier again for my next frame (even though I love the frame I've already got a mental shortlist for the next one).

Cycle Surgery are the only crowd I know of who sell them in Dublin. I think there's another crowd in the North that Alfalad bought his Mortirolo from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Complicated.
    Not ditching the Dolan by any means. Its moving to Kerry in July (as am I).
    But I will be in Dublin midweek, and will need a bike for midweek spins.
    So I am lookin for something (1) reasonably good, but for a keen price, (2) bit niche (Wilier certainlyfits this), (3) Sexy )Wilier again.

Have been in cyclesurgery, but the prices are about 500 more than I canjustify tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

saddle.

Oh, which saddle is dat

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Oh, which saddle is dat

Fizik Pavé

Complicated.
    Not ditching the Dolan by any means. Its moving to Kerry in July (as am I).
    But I will be in Dublin midweek, and will need a bike for midweek spins.
    So I am lookin for something (1) reasonably good, but for a keen price, (2) bit niche (Wilier certainlyfits this), (3) Sexy )Wilier again.

Have been in cyclesurgery, but the prices are about 500 more than I canjustify tbh.

What kind of budget/set-up are you looking for? It was Border City Cycles in Newry that also sell Wilier. Unfortunately, they don't have bikes or prices on their website.

• Advertisement

What kind of budget/set-up are you looking for? It was Border City Cycles in Newry that also sell Wilier. Unfortunately, they don't have bikes or prices on their website.

1200 notes.
    Wilier have Campag as standard, is that correct, so I would be looking for compact that is equivalent to Simano 105.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

1200 notes.
    Wilier have Campag as standard, is that correct, so I would be looking for compact that is equivalent to Simano 105.

Try here -Wilier Mortirolo 2009 - complete bikes from just £1199!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Hey Tiny,

I got my bike from Epic, really top bunch BUT got hit for £150 delivery charge. I would buy from them again, as they are soooo passionate about bikes but that delivery charge is a right bastard.

I was looking at a Willier beforehand from this lot :

http://www.bikebuster.com/Bikes%2Drace/wilier.html

Ended up going for a Viner Magister from Epic in the end, no regrets at all, super bike and super rare but that effin' delivery charge.........

BTW ROK ON where in Kerry are ya moving to ?

1200 notes.

Veloce would probably be the 105 equivalent. Wilier do sell bikes with Shimano as well. Mine originally came with Ultegra.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

niceonetom wrote: »
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnn, that's a nice bike. Very cohesive. Even the cages synch.

What have you changed, aside from the wheels?

He's upped the ante, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Bike looks beautiful Tonto, you are a master of the details as tom says. I have always loved the drop you have, mega euro points there.

Once I get some money I plan on attending to the finer points of my bike, notably my terrible bottle cages and unsightly steerer tube with fugly spacers and stem.

Much blinging to be done.

Also like the focus cayo there, the new paint job looks really sweet!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I have always loved the drop you have, mega euro points there.

You're not the first person to have remarked about the drop. And maybe I shouldn't puncture the myth of my running more drop than half the pro peloton, but...

It isn't as much as you think. For example, I was out with Barrabus the other night and while we were stopped waiting for blorg and Claw to arrive, he commented on my saddle height. He and I are pretty much the same height you see. But once we put our bikes side by side it transpired that we had exactly the same bar and saddle height. My bike has a slighly sloping top tube, whereas Barrabus's Madone is horizontal. The net result is that his bike looks 'normal' and mine looks very aggresive.

Jaaaaaysus Tonto, just from a quick upscale in PS, you seat to bar centre drop is looking like its 15 CM !!!

Holy Crap, when did you get your spine removed ?????

BTW Great looking bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Chuffed to bits with my new Charge! Surprisingly quick bike for single speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You're not the first person to have remarked about the drop. And maybe I shouldn't puncture the myth of my running more drop than half the pro peloton, but...

It isn't as much as you think.

According to measurements relative to tyre circumference, you are running a 13cm drop.

That's quite decent.

eta: lovely bike obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Lumen wrote: »
    According to measurements relative to tyre circumference, you are running a 13cm drop.

That's quite decent.

"The Lumen Book of Cycling Measurements and Scientific Theories" will be in the shops from next june.

*change your name to Lumstein

Hmmmmmm thats where I got 15 from, either way its a lot, especially from my old inflexible battered body's point of view.

Lumen wrote: »

That's quite decent.

Ii can't believe that two of you went to the trouble of working that out.

We should just make up random questions about bike efficiencies and what-not to keep em busy.

Here's one: how much slower would El Tonto be if he raised his bars by 1.5cm?

It only takes 2 seconds in Photoshop, especially as your shot is nearly perfectly side on ...... and I needed a break from nearly 5 hours of effin' retouching !!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    We should just make up random questions about bike efficiencies and what-not to keep em busy.

Here's one: how much slower would El Tonto be if he raised his bars by 1.5cm?

OK is that with a skinsuit or an aran sweater ?

Murph100 wrote: »
    OK is that with a skinsuit or an aran sweater ?

Both please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

@Tonto/Mario/whatever:
    Beauty, absolute beauty. Wilier looks great. Yours is the Mortirolo, right?

I am in the mkt for a new bike and I really like the idea of buying something that are not that common (so no Treks/Giantsetc).
    Anyway, just to pick your brains why did you go for a Wilier, and are there any stockists here apart from cyclesurgery.

As Tonto/Mario said i also have a Wilier and check out this month issue of Cycling Plus the Mortirolo is ranked in the top three of 2009. And as also said I got it in Border City Cycles just outside Newry, generally he doesn't have many in stock so certainly ring before you go up. Your welcome to try mine any time. Not sure what height you are but i'm 6ft so the set up might be more suitable to try than Mario's as he a fu*ker!! (Tall i mean, before he beats me up)
    Mine came with Veloce which is roughly the same as 105 but lighter if i remember correctly?! Although open to correction!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

This year's pic of my Wilier. Few changes from last year's:

3465476593_b4abc8f130_b.jpg

WANT!

Now that is a sweet bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

This year's pic of my Wilier. Few changes from last year's:

3465476593_b4abc8f130_b.jpg

Wheels make it stunning!!

But against euro rules I see a pump i think on the frame!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Excuse the bad photo!

3468585179_0db99cae3f_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawt.

I'd hit it.

@ Tiny - very tasty indeed.

Q: what bar tape - like the effect on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jollylee

@ tiny. Lovely bike! Nice co-ordination of parts. How do you find the SRAM Rival groupset?

Advertisement