Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm glad I took the pic last night. It's filthy now after I raced the living daylights out of it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

ROK ON wrote: »
    @ Tiny - very tasty indeed.

Q: what bar tape - like the effect on it.

Standard Fizik Stuff, nowt special :)
    jollylee wrote: »
    @ tiny. Lovely bike! Nice co-ordination of parts. How do you find the SRAM Rival groupset?

So far, so good -the rear shifting is as smooth as a greased up smooth thing -the front still needs a lil adjusting, but I'm liking the action of the double tap
    I'm glad I took the pic last night. It's filthy now after I raced the living daylights out of it tonight.

Congrats on your placing btw, heard the boardsies had a good showing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

need a report

Raam wrote: »
    need a report

Boardsies 2,3,4,5... which is damn good showing -if only we had a proper club we'd be kicking ass! :)

Boardsies 2,3,4,5... which is damn good showing -if only we had a proper club we'd be kicking ass! :)

come on, need names!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Raam wrote: »
    come on, need names!

2. Blorg
    3. Barrabus
    4. Me
    5. Mario/Tonto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

2. Blorg
    3. Barrabus
    4. Me
    5. Mario/Tonto

There was a bloke from UCD that broke away early on that won in the end. Had we been a bit more organised/experienced we probably would have caught him - he didn't have much of a gap at the end. Fair play to him though.

There was another UCD guy in the chasing group with us who did a very good job of disrupting our rhythm. Getting to the front and slowing us up.

The 4 of us were also a bit wary that we were doing all the chasing - the others in the group were just sitting in. I was expecting them to come around us towards the end - but we seemed over-estimate their strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

You guys rock!! So proud!!! Go boardsies!!!!

Nice work chaps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Well done guys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Have a guess which boardsie crashed after crossing the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

well at least he waited till after :)
    He really doesn't seem to have the hang of the ould staying upright yet does he? Can you get stabilizers for grown-up bikes? Or maybe his next purchase should be a trike :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

2. Blorg
    3. Barrabus
    4. Me
    5. Mario/Tonto

Deadly guys!!
    Very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

That's bleedin' deadly. Well done lads.

edit:
    RACE REPORT RACE REPORT RACE REPORT NOW NOW NOW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Hahah deadly, that's great stuff. Well done all

Mucho congrats to all concerned -if only we had registered as a team, it would have looked great to have boards.ie in all them places!

As to the crasher, I think he was wanting an excuse to miss the ToI... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Jebus, very impressive showing!

+1 on race report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Nice one, well done lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Think I missed someit here. Was that the Orwell League race? That's smashtastic. Hoppe you haven't peaked too early in the season!!

@Tiny - Your F3's... See no decals on your front wheel. Are they just on one side of yours? Mines are on both sides but I think mine are older. Just curious.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    @Tiny - Your F3's... See no decals on your front wheel. Are they just on one side of yours? Mines are on both sides but I think mine are older. Just curious.

They've been removed from the front entirely, and will be taken off the back too, as there's too much red in them that clashes with the bike -small splashes of red are ok, big swathes are not!

-anyone know where I can get new ones printed in pink?

• Advertisement

They've been removed from the front entirely, and will be taken off the back too, as there's too much red in them that clashes with the bike -small splashes of red are ok, big swathes are not!

-anyone know where I can get new ones printed in pink?

There's a guy in Brazil who makes them. His details are on Weight Weenies. Someone else in this forum has used him, although I can't remember who. Quigs maybe?

Big Dick wrote: »
    There's a guy in Brazil who makes them. His details are on Weight Weenies. Someone else in this forum has used him, although I can't remember who. Quigs maybe?

He don't do Fulcrums unfortunately :(

He don't do Fulcrums unfortunately :(

Get custom "TinyExplosions" stickers

Big Dick wrote: »

I already have some awaiting installation on the top tube

I already have some awaiting installation on the top tube

Another alternative. You know it makes sense:

haters+redux.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

el tonto wrote: »

You can get decals/stickers for the wheels with what ever you want on them (as well as the ultimate euro frame stickers) from Victory Circle Graphics in the US if you want to give them a look at.

I've dealt with them and they're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Much respect and congrats on the placings

-if only we had registered as a team, it would have looked great to have boards.ie in all them places!

Sorry, but I thought ye had organised as a team?? if not why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eggie

Havent sat on a bike in 5 years, can only get better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

eggie wrote: »
    Havent sat on a bike in 5 years, can only get better!

Well as a places to start again from go, it's a pretty nice place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭blue chuzzle

gman2k wrote: »
    3412024749_984db0bf07_b.jpg
    3412827136_da527cdbf7_b.jpg
    3412825300_598f35f19e_b.jpg

Has taken over a year to complete as project, but I reckon it was worth the wait;). All xtr groupset except the xt chainset. Full carbon frame and Spinner Aeris fork.

this project you have here is quite unusual!

1 huge bike that i estimate to be about 6 to 8 feet to the saddle 1 childs version of the bike, looks sutable for the 12-14 range and one (possibly remote control) 1/2 scale model if the kids bike.

;)

Advertisement