Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

There's some beautiful bikes in there, and some god awful looking ones. At least on the aero ones you will be going quickly, because you wouldn't want to be seen riding one!

Out of the lot, I'd probably have the Lotto Soudal Ridley, but the FDJ LaPierre is good looking too.

On the other end, the Katusha Alpecin Canyon is best described as butt ugly. I'm not sure if it the paint job on it, but the seat tube looks like it just stops and is held together by the stays.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I like the Bora Spec, the Astana Argon 18 is pretty sweet too. Very keen on the trek too, it just looks right.
    Not so keen on the other but the only one I dislike with a vengeance is the butt ugly Cervelo from Dimension Data. That bike looks like its been crashed and partly crushed...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Nice / Acceptable:
    UAE ABU DHABI
    ASTANA
    LOTTO SOUDAL
    CANNONDALE-DRAPAC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Argon 18 caught my eye....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I like the Factor AG2R. I have the AG2R Focus Izalco and it's so lush looking even the Mrs doesn't mind it residing in the hallway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭f1000

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

^^^^
    Wins the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Great story and bloody great looking bikes. Love that enve grey an orange stripey one.

Aidan Duff features in Charlie Wegelius' autobiography as well, he speaks very highly of him. They rode together starting out.

Would love to know what kinda prices the bikes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭Thud

need to get some more pics on their website too, same 3 that were on there last year

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Cerdito wrote: »
    This is a build I did over xmas. Bought a Surly LHT frame and kitted it out with some new and some old components. I gave it a Deore 10 speed trekking groupset (T610), loving the smooth shifts.

The LHT frame has some really nice touches like the pump peg (have a Topeak frame pump for it), the spare spoke holder and braze-ons for three bottle cages. Steerer fork is uncut for now but I kind of like it so may leave it that way. Took off the Surly decals for aesthetic and anti-theft reasons.

Very nice! 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭f1000

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

f1000 wrote: »

That is quite simply the most beautiful bike I have seen in a long time ...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭thedudeinthehat

RobFowl wrote: »
    f1000 wrote: »

That is quite simply the most beautiful bike I have seen in a long time ...
    Know the owner of the company (Podia) that worked in collaboration on the build. Their matching jerseys and colour schemes complete the look!
    410826.PNG

IMG_9385_edit.jpg

New Polish company Rondo, steel adventure/gravel bike with adjustable fork geometry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

can that chainstay be as strong as a straight one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

can that chainstay be as strong as a straight one?

One would hope so considering the other side is straight. You might end up with rear wheel steering after a while :D

This is to achieve extra tyre clearance I presume, if engineered right it will be as strong as the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Chainstay is wrecking my head, so would those wheels when moving with that colour scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

IMG_7292_zpsrkqn4bma.jpg

IMG_7294_zpskr1yeiua.jpg

IMG_7296_zpsjpfnbzeq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

letape wrote: »
    []

IMG_7296_zpsjpfnbzeq.jpg

Looks lovely @letape.....great looking build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Lovely bike @letape, but I have to be honest...black saddle, white bar tape, green tyres? (I'm just jealous really! )

Cheers TheBlaaMan & 07Lapierre - when it comes to bikes I don't consider white or black as "colours". I had the green tyres in the shed and fitted them as they didn't suit any other bike I had and thought they'd give the bike a lift!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's a lovely chainwheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

13062453_1205948706089692_21052411544678886_n.jpg?oh=aac9e3555c5e9015bd5afd58345b53da&oe=5956DEAE

Why so high? Doesn't look long enough for an XL frame size.... Everything clicks for me bar the proportions. And the chain.

Alek wrote: »
    Why so high? Doesn't look long enough for an XL frame size.... Everything clicks for me bar the proportions. And the chain.

They do custom sizes, so maybe its a custom size

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

letape wrote: »
    IMG_7292_zpsrkqn4bma.jpg

IMG_7294_zpskr1yeiua.jpg

IMG_7296_zpsjpfnbzeq.jpg

I love these tyres - has anyone seen them for sale in 700 x 25? I can only find 23s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Two successive bikes on the one page with naked large chainrings.

Standards are seriously slipping 😨

colm18 wrote: »
    I love these tyres - has anyone seen them for sale in 700 x 25? I can only find 23s.

I had a set of Michelin pro 4s in 700 x 25 - they were full black though

• Advertisement

Finished build from last year.

Peugot_zpsbxc07hxz.jpg

Advertisement