Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

outfox wrote: »
    Its grey paint with silver flecks, done by Chris Custom Design up north. He's on FB.

Sh*t, I see what you mean about the logo. I never copped that the font should be italic. The decals can't be removed. The bike is dead to me now. :mad:

Makes it unique. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    The latest addition to my stable. The colour is a bit marmite, but at least I won't be missed on the road.

IMG_20180725_WA0006.jpg

What size is that Quigs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

outfox wrote: »
    Its grey paint with silver flecks, done by Chris Custom Design up north. He's on FB.

Sh*t, I see what you mean about the logo. I never copped that the font should be italic. The decals can't be removed. The bike is dead to me now. :mad:

I will gladly take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Quigs Snr wrote: »
    The latest addition to my stable. The colour is a bit marmite, but at least I won't be missed on the road.

IMG_20180725_WA0006.jpg

What size is that Quigs ?

It's 52cm. Its a race shop limited project 1 version so it has the H1 geometry. 535 top tube

Apologies for the poor picture, but this is what happens when your wife says "Taking your bike to Majorca is too much hassle, I don't care how much it costs, buy a new one and leave it there".

Custom built Parlee Z-Zero

(not mine by the way)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Aegir wrote: »
    Apologies for the poor picture, but this is what happens when your wife says "Taking your bike to Majorca is too much hassle, I don't care how much it costs, buy a new one and leave it there".

Custom built Parlee Z-Zero

(not mine by the way)

ick

fat bloke wrote: »
    ick

I guess it depends on how you define beauty. It doesn’t have the wow factor, but other than the Dura Ace Di2 groupset, it is all either Parlee or Enve. Stupid money really but as he explains it, it was either that, or a Porsche.

I’ll grab a picture of his Passoni next time I’m in London, now that really is a thing of beauty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

fat bloke wrote: »
    ick

I'd have no problems with someone giving me such a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

My new Time izon arrived today, delighted! Ever since I ever knew anything about road bikes Ive wanted a Time, looking forward building it up in a couple months.

2vjd1fl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

Finally got the Tommasini Tecno finished

wNiTEoe.jpg

09A1ngO.jpg

IJAHLVP.jpg

wa0zxRI.jpg

V2sbTB1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

DeRosa superking 888 full dura ace
    Ridley X-night SL SRAM Force 1X , prime wheels w/sapim cx-ray spokes, challenge Limus tubular tires.

You look to have decent clearance on the ridley for the CX tyres. What size have you on it there?

Also I'm a huge fan of the tyres with the uncoloured/tan(what do even call those? old fashioned?) sidewalls on black bikes.

EDIT: The car isn't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

You look to have decent clearance on the ridley for the CX tyres. What size have you on it there?

I have 33 on those wheels, it can take much bigger, but my last ridley x-fire didn't have as much clearance, and it got clogged up a lot.

Also I'm a huge fan of the tyres with the uncoloured/tan(what do even call those? old fashioned?) sidewalls on black bikes.

They call them skin-walls, or tan-walls, but yeah, I agree, they look class, they will have to be maintained though since the cx courses are so muddy in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

The new commuter, before I run it with raceblades.

Ordered last week, the next day it was reduced by €300 :( Cheekily asked them over live chat if they'd honour the new price, and they did without hesitating.

459510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

2dspy8l.jpg

Breaking a few rules but hey, who gives a dang? Scott Addict with Dura Ace C50s and a classic Turbo saddle. My racing/training/summer bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beautiful bike but that saddle:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Yeah saddle has to go

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That saddle is timeless. Timeless!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

The saddle is a stone cold classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Miklos wrote: »
    The saddle is a stone cold classic!

Which is fair enough but the bike is anything but classic :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^^^^
    Lovely bike, lovely saddle, but completely and utterly mismatched.

No one sees the saddle when you are sitting on it. Ride whatever is comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Slideways

The collection. Apologies for the messy garage. It’s like a magic porridge pot for crap

459965.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Raam wrote: »
    No one sees the saddle when you are sitting on it. Ride whatever is comfortable.

Does the same apply to socks if your wearing Shoe covers? :P

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Does the same apply to socks if your wearing Shoe covers? :P

You have a dark, dark soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

New Wheels on my baby
    I think it looks tasty
    EiPy8hS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

De rosa superking 888e super record eps Bora ultra 2.
    From Euro bike..a derosa show bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

Bar end plugs are carbon derosa too...lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I’m not one for the retro bikes, but I couldn’t turn this down. €50! It’s a Raleigh Joop Zoetemelk signature edition. My new daily commuter in Eindhoven. Few bits and pieces to do and she’ll be lovely. I’m naming her Nora.

45C77E64-9442-4691-AA67-D0C25ECAC572.jpg

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Best of luck with Nora. I was in Eindhoven a few weeks ago, great city, had a ball. Super cycling infrastructure (no surprise there!)

Advertisement