Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Alanbt wrote: »
    Took the day off to finish this. Still a few things to do - need to flip the stem and add mudguards for all weather duty. Think it looks great.
    2nd hand Condor Fratello frameset, ultegra groupset, superstar pave 28 rims with DT Swiss 350 hubs.

Jeez.... does the eye of the beholder trump this thread cos.... I don't like that at all.. :(

It's a lovely frame and maybe just a tweak or two would sort it... - The saddle too far forward, the y-gap seatpost, the rising stem... - it looks frankly like a bike that doesn't fit you. I don't like the ultegra on it, I don't like the wheels. It needs colour SOMEwhere to compliment the frame I think, but I don't have the Diarmuid Gavin in me to advise you where! :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Alanbt

fat bloke wrote: »
    Jeez.... does the eye of the beholder trump this thread cos.... I don't like that at all.. :(

It's a lovely frame and maybe just a tweak or two would sort it... - The saddle too far forward, the y-gap seatpost, the rising stem... - it looks frankly like a bike that doesn't fit you. I don't like the ultegra on it, I don't like the wheels. It needs colour SOMEwhere to compliment the frame I think, but I don't have the Diarmuid Gavin in me to advise you where! :).

That was before tweaking to adjust for fit. Already said I’d be flipping the stem, and saddle has been adjust since too. It’s my workhorse bike, so doesn’t have fancy wheels. Some colour in the bar plugs and stem cap.
    You’re entitled to your opinion but tbh you sound like a bit of a d1ck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Alanbt wrote: »
    You’re entitled to your opinion but tbh you sound like a bit of a d1ck

And now, so do you.

(your bike is manky)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Alanbt

fat bloke wrote: »
    And now, so do you.

(your bike is manky)

Ha! Let’s call it quits here. I can’t compete with such a powerful keyboard critic

Jaysus put the handbags away fellas :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod Note - Play nice

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Can we all just take a moment to unite against the expensive fugly dogvomit that is Raam's TT bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lumen wrote: »
    Can we all just take a moment to unite against the expensive fugly dogvomit that is Raam's TT bike?

9909953816_e8cecebfc3_z.jpg

That stickmans hand looks eh...... like something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

SHAUUu6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Thought I'd clicked into the pictures of ugly thread, couldn't figure out what was wrong with the bike above...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

letape wrote: »
    SHAUUu6.jpg

Is that the new Campag 12 speed? Absolute stunner

Yes it’s the new 12 speed mechanical super record. Not mine unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That's a beauty but the crankset is just a tad to bulky looking I'd probably swap it out.

What's going on with the rear mech is that typical of campag? I'm not familiar with it but it looks like it's built for a wide range cassette like a MTB rear mech

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    That's a beauty but the crankset is just a tad to bulky looking I'd probably swap it out.

What's going on with the rear mech is that typical of campag? I'm not familiar with it but it looks like it's built for a wide range cassette like a MTB rear mech

Yeah I think the chainset and rear aren’t great / prob prefer the previous 11 speed groupset. Rear mech takes up to a 34t sprocket. Groupset would look more in proportion on a bigger frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Rear mech takes up to a 34t sprocket.
    On that frame? Sacrilege!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

I like the 12 speed gruppos, but they're aimed at touring/ adventure/ gravel machines as well as road bikes.

12 speed Super Record on a gravel bike would seem quite daft though.

New set of wheels...

sVtHIcX.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

N335JNSl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

G4lGIiGl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

Plastik wrote: »
    G4lGIiGl.jpg

I don't know what's more impressive the bike or the shed:P

G4lGIiGl.jpg

Plastik - colour aside, it looks very like the picture you just posted in the “images of ugly thread”?!

Cannondale-SuperSix-Evo-Modelljahr-2020-Carbon-Rennrad-Scheibenbremse-articleDetailWide-c04ecfc5-1606645.jpg

Plastik - colour aside, it looks very like the picture you just posted in the “images of ugly thread”?!

I'm very torn. Is it a beauty, is it an ulcer. Some of them look hopelessly rancid, but I'd be all over this all white test mule!

I'm very torn. Is it a beauty, is it an ulcer. Some of them look hopefully rancid, but I'd be all over this all white test mule!

Agreed. Not something like I have ever bought but I can see the attraction and would be happy to have it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Its the headset that ruins the green one but the cross chaining is poor form with the white one

The spacers are needed to completely hide the brake cables on the green bike. You can see where they enter an exposed channel in front of the headset on the white bike without them.

The second bike is ruined, in particular, by someone who thought that green, silver, and PEACH would make a good combination on a bike. PEACH!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

There are times for peach, I'm here for the peach :P . That bike, however, with the wrong shades of grey and green with the poor peach is not one of those times.
    In fairness you really need to dress peach well for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can you tell cross chaining from a pic or do you have to look up the specs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thargor wrote: »

You can tell from a pic. Big ring up front and chain near the spokes at the back is a bad chain line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Thargor wrote: »

Green is OK as its mid cassette to a ring, I would have preferred large chainring to smallest cog but it is acceptable, the white bike though, mother of god, big ring to largest cog, in a posed photo, not even just chancing it in a race.

Advertisement