Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

not a direct image but I like it.....
    3592886207_5b1dffbee1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

That frame looks a bit small for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Nice :D

But -- Both hands on bars, child in wrong position to take the shot, looks like taken while rolling (both feet on pedals) -

How in the heck did you take that? Extra arms (living close to any nuclear facilities/radiation sources?)? Helmetcam?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

quiet simple really- my wife took the picture.

I rotated the image 180 degrees and cropped everything out but the shadow (kid is 2 so couldn't take the picture....)

The bike is Revolution (Edinburgh Cycles) Cullin Courier Race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Aah, right :D

It's a nice shot, very well taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

dinneenp wrote: »
    not a direct image but I like it.....
    3592886207_5b1dffbee1.jpg

is that Johnny Bravo taking Mickey Mouse for a spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Acoustic wrote: »
    My first road bike

Sintesi Vision Carbon Edition with 105 and open pro rims

Nice bike for a first time road bike, very nice in fact. You should venture into the dangerous world of clipless pedals next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Nice bike for a first time road bike, very nice in fact. You should venture into the dangerous world of clipless pedals next!

ahh i'll wait and see , see how much cycling i end up doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

My resurrected Cross Check

3619516753_2a733e2c70.jpg?v=0

PS still tinkering with positions. Only finished it this evening and then got puncture fairly shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

sweet ride!

just wondering how you have the shifters set up? is it bar end shifters and the levers are just for brakes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

abcdggs wrote: »
    sweet ride!

just wondering how you have the shifters set up? is it bar end shifters and the levers are just for brakes?

Yep it's the Dura Ace bar end shifters with Tektro brake levers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Here's my new commuting bike (thanks to the Cycle To Work scheme :D)

TCX.JPG

I replaced the original tyres with Schwalbe Marathon Plus - tricky to get on but hopefully worth it in terms of puncture resistance...

But what's with the stem - surely that's not right?

TCX Stem.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

245 wrote: »
    But what's with the stem - surely that's not right

Stems are flippable. If you flipped it the "right way up" you would have a riser stem, which would be more comfortable but less aero.

For this reason, most stems have vertically symmetric logos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

My Boardman Team Carbon - cleaned up after yesterday's spin.

Boardman TeamC.jpg

Boardman TeamC A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭goods

I replaced the original tyres with Schwalbe Marathon Plus - tricky to get on but hopefully worth it in terms of puncture resistance...

Impossible to get on :eek:

goods wrote: »

Impossible to get on :eek:

I struggled with the first one for about 30 minutes and then gave up and consulted the trusty and all-knowing interweb - finally found a link that recommended using string (sorry if you were hoping for a high tech solution :p)

All you do is get the first few inches of the tyre (and tube...) mounted on the rim with both sides of the bead in the rim, then you tie a piece of string over that part of the tyre and tighten it until the tyre is distorted - that'll hold it in place so that you can repeat the exercise a few inches down the tyre - three pieces of string are sufficient to get the tyre on fully. Its quite easy once you get the hang of it.

The second tyre took me less than 10 minutes and would be easy as part of a roadside repair if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

rooj.th.jpg

New Tri bike, its a bit beyond my level for now but I hope to 'grow' into. Only had a couple of 40k spins on it so far.. noticably faster average speed tho

245 wrote: »
    I struggled with the first one for about 30 minutes and then gave up and consulted the trusty and all-knowing interweb - finally found a link that recommended using string (sorry if you were hoping for a high tech solution :p)

All you do is get the first few inches of the tyre (and tube...) mounted on the rim with both sides of the bead in the rim, then you tie a piece of string over that part of the tyre and tighten it until the tyre is distorted - that'll hold it in place so that you can repeat the exercise a few inches down the tyre - three pieces of string are sufficient to get the tyre on fully. Its quite easy once you get the hang of it.

The second tyre took me less than 10 minutes and would be easy as part of a roadside repair if needed.

Care to post a link to the site in question?

thanks

Jawgap wrote: »
    Care to post a link to the site in question?

thanks

Here you go:

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23567&sid=0525140382f5baa39ed5466f5eab7257

Thanks - you learn something new every day on this forum!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    smallbike.jpg

Tune 9g bottle cages

Can I ask where you got these bottle cages? I think they look unbelievable and I am going for a bit of a Weight Weenie bike some time soon and these would be a great addition. Is it just me or do bottle cages mean a lot to many of us, I think they really say what you think about your bike in a very subtle way!

I'd even but these off of you if I cannot get them anywhere else! Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

What are the bottle cages (make, model, etc) seen in both pictures below, I really like the look of them! Anyone know where I can pick them up, or would either of ye be willing to part with them?
    cunavalos wrote: »
    Bottle cage on the seat tube here!
    2rf3af6.jpg

And on the down tube here
    n4fxp3.jpg
    Quigs Snr wrote: »
    PedalForce QS2

Picture%20042.jpg

I did come across this and this which look like them although I'm not 100% sure! Is it them? They are carbon right, do they work good....sorry for all the questions!

Is this the cages that ye are using here?
    TK947_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Saw this just sitting outside a cafe in Varenna, Lake Como, Italy last weekend. The amount of cyclists I saw was unbelievable. Unfortunately I was only driving :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=83233&d=1245585570
    attachment.php?attachmentid=83234&d=1245585588
    attachment.php?attachmentid=83235&d=1245585595

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

^^^^^Euro-tastic.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

ahem.. point of information

40. Water Bottles shall be referred to solely as "Bidons" and shall have a volume NOT EXCEEDING 500ml. Bidons shall always match team/kit colours. It is NOT ACCEPTABLE in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE to leave one’s bidons on the bike for more than ten (10) minutes post-ride OR while transporting bikes via bike rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Plus the light, the poor saddle height-to-stem height ratio and dirty bar tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Plus the light, the poor saddle height-to-stem height ratio and dirty bar tape.

jesus I missed the light. In Italy. National outrage.

BTW If that's dirty you don't want to see my "white" bar tape :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

incorrect this bike is only euro if it is actually ridden by a francaise de juex rider

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Also the use of shimano. In Italy!

And it's a no name bike (don't think 'carbon' has been or ever will be a FdJ sponsor)

Fred is the proper word :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Also the use of shimano. In Italy!

And it's a no name bike (don't think 'carbon' has been or ever will be a FdJ sponsor)

Fred is the proper word :)

I dont think its a no name. I couldnt voom properly, but the badge is similiar to the Bianch crest.

Advertisement