Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Lovely, but these dropouts look so unsubstantial!

(I'm more than sure they're as solid as anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

New bike. Hard to see in the pic, but the paintwork is amazing up close, especially the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Trekker09 wrote: »
    New bike. Hard to see in the pic, but the paintwork is amazing up close, especially the blue.

Classic colours. What size is it though? Thought you were a 56?

fat bloke wrote: »
    Classic colours. What size is it though? Thought you were a 56?

It's a medium, but perfect fit wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Genuine, Best of luck with new steed, personally , colours not for me, a buddy had one and decided after 4 months he didnt like it, took him ages to sell it, his cost him 4k and sold it for €2,500. He always reckons it was the colour that cost him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Have an urge to hum the Marseillaise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Planet X wrote: »
    sbEYmbLl.jpg

EMGGsT3l.jpg

I love it and am immensely jealous, please update later on what it is like off road.

Hmmm not being at all familiar with modern mtb's I'm curious about the 2 bolts on the rear drop outs on that Unit, what's going on there :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hmmm not being at all familiar with modern mtb's I'm curious about the 2 bolts on the rear drop outs on that Unit, what's going on there :confused:

I guess its to match the far side, far side will be torqued by the disc caliper so needs a second point.

secman wrote: »
    Genuine, Best of luck with new steed, personally , colours not for me, a buddy had one and decided after 4 months he didnt like it, took him ages to sell it, his cost him 4k and sold it for €2,500. He always reckons it was the colour that cost him.

I wouldn't have picked that colour only for I saw one in the flesh and fell hook line and sinker. The quality if the paint finish is probably as good as I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Alanbt

I wouldn't have picked that colour only for I saw one in the flesh and fell hook line and sinker. The quality if the paint finish is probably as good as I've ever seen.

I remeber looking at this frame on Merlin a few years ago. Nearly pulled the trigger.
    I think it’s a very nice frame

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

don't listen to the naysayers; it's not boring stealth black and this is good.
    however, what i *will* draw attention to is the continental logo on the chainstay and lack of continental logos on the tyres. ;)

It's funny I saw one of the 2021 Trek bikes before Christmas and it looks nice in the pictures on the site, this was a Sora model so not something I was in the market for but in the flesh it was another bike entirely in terms how the finish looked.

however, what i *will* draw attention to is the continental logo on the chainstay and lack of continental logos on the tyres. ;)

Must get the hairdryer to the conti sticker :D Currently 28mm Veloflex which are lush. I think the stealth black look is finally gone. it's good to see colour in bikes again. I love the Wilier gold and the De Rosa colours this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Sure we're all different, boring if we were all the same :) 2 black bikes, one graphite and a daring navy..my lot ;) just not into bright coloured bikes.. As Henry Ford said you can have any colour once its black. Last 3 cars 2 black and one daring navy.... see the trend :)

Must get the hairdryer to the conti sticker :D Currently 28mm Veloflex which are lush. I think the stealth black look is finally gone. it's good to see colour in bikes again. I love the Wilier gold and the De Rosa colours this year

Probably the only thing I could say against it is stickers on the chain stays, they look fine now but we all know how tatty and worn they'll be before long no matter how well you care for the bike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Chain tensioning.
    Adjuster screws to tension and centre wheel, bolts to secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

A club mate has one and yes, they are a fine looking bike in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

fat bloke wrote: »
    So good he posted it twice!

Needs a bit of tweaking yet, and a pair of bottle cages.... and some road!

IMG-20200212-191757402.jpg

Hope I can be excused for quoting my own pic!!

Nearly a year later I finally have a replacement and all new Palace 3C frame. A lot of new bits too. Fizik bars, seatpost and stem. Also a sram red 22 compact chainset in place of the 39:53 10 speed.

IMG-20210120-183114.jpg
    IMG-20210120-183142.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Absolutely gorgeous.
    Well wear.

• Advertisement

So here's my new baby all built up.

Custom Sarto Asola
    4spKQX0.jpg

It's a bit brighter up close and in the flesh than that photo shows
    6i8dOEz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

That's a real beauty.
    When you sort out the steerer tube length, you'll pretty much have it sorted.
    You win this thread. Well done.

Choice of cranks makes it. Had you gone black that would have looked another bike altogether I think.

I have form for being triggered by the spoke pattern on those wheels though in this case I'll let it slide as I didn't notice them such was a quality of the bike :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Gorgeous.
    Well wear.

Cheers folks. Fork will get the chop soon, I just wanted to be absolutely certain before taking it down the last few mm.
    I'm delighted with the look of the crankset myself tbh. I had it in mind when picking the colours for the frame, really chuffed seeing it all together. Hopefully it lives up to expectations when I get it out on the road.

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Cheers folks. Fork will get the chop soon, I just wanted to be absolutely certain before taking it down the last few mm.
    I'm delighted with the look of the crankset myself tbh. I had it in mind when picking the colours for the frame, really chuffed seeing it all together. Hopefully it lives up to expectations when I get it out on the road.

Even if it rides like a brick you'll look good doing it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

What BB did you opt for?

BB386evo came as standard. I'm well used to it and have the tools to service it so no need to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

So here's my new baby all built up.

Custom Sarto Asola

Beautiful bike.

You'd want to eat that banana though, it's past it's best...... :)

• Advertisement

Wow is all I can say!

The only thing I'd change is the Brennans pan for a Hovis Granary one!

Advertisement