Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

It's finally built, well sort of. Got tired of waiting for parts to arrive in stock so took some bits from one of the other bikes just to get it on the road. Two quick spins on it and it's great. Fit is same as my other bikes so no big change there but it seems to hold it's speed very well. Probably as much the new wheels as it is the bike but overall very very happy with it. Photo doesn't do the colour any justice.

And yes, even when I get the parts I'm waiting on it will still be shimano :D:D

51275166547_88c4fed8c8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Wow, that's savage.

Straight over to this thread with you to blow it out of the water! :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058194459

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Not sure how much this qualifies as it just cost me sub 1000€ (second hand, never ridden) and it is completely stock - but here is my entry to the save the rim brake movement.

Cannondale CAAD 12 Ultegra 2018. Had problems with my two disc braked bikes over the last few weeks (mixture of bad luck, laziness to get them sorted, wait at my normal bike shop, and the fact that discs can simply be too much faff some times) so decided I'd go back to basics.

The only thing I will change is the wheels. I'm considering all black with tan wall tires, need to be tubeless (that is the one piece of modern cycling tech that I now cannot live without). Welcome recommendations in the 500€ price range.

Jebus, you did very well to pick up that caad for less than a grand. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

This might seem unusual but there is something undeniably beautiful about this new Continental Competition 25mm Tubular. Sitting comfortably at 145 psi on my DT SWISS RRC65. I've seen hundreds of Tubular tyres but something special about this one-- maybe a nostalgic, contrary nod against tubeless, disc wheels that are everywhere now. And the thread/bead is a work of art

It's a front wheel on my TT bike so it doesn't get used that much. Had a Schwalbe tub attached for the last few years and when that went soft, I decided to go for the Conti. I've never been too confident with tub tape so for the last 5 years I've got tubs done in a reputable bike shop-- old style glue, done carefully over a number of days.

Now, chances that I will go faster are slim; but I will feel faster on the start line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

R3 respray and rebuild. Paint by www.kustomflow.co.uk.

Are the insides of the chainstays a lighter blue??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Hmm, I attached a full sized image. Will try again.

Inside chainstay is light blue, inside fork is pink.

Is this any better? On a mobile device.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think with the new system if you upload a photo up to size X, it displays it at size X. however, if you exceed size X, it reduces it down to a thumbnail.

Attempt #3...

Lovely colour indeed but a fierce amount of money for paint and wheels on "just" an R3.

Very nice result though in fairness.

Note to self: spend your money more wisely.

Is that yours?! I thought it a www screengrab.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

I think it's lovely. I particularly like the accent colours

AH!

Sorry man. Seeing as it was a UK spray job I thought it was just a copy and paste. I retract my petty critique, it's a gorgeous paint job. I've dithered for years about getting something done to my own Cervelo but never bit the bullet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

Original Campagnolo Shamals

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Richard Carapaz new Bike. Rim brake too..(just sayin!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

That looks very similar to the Wilier Ramato colour. I saw other pictures where it definitely looked more golden. Serious piece of kit

Finally got my Not-A-Bowman-Palace-R sorted!!

Bee Cycles official weigh in at 6.3 kg. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Stunning!! How does it compare to the Cervelo?

They're similar enough in weight tbh. Intended riding it this morning but the rear brake caliper/lever is a bit dicky so it'll have to wait a bit longer for a ride verdict :).

What you got yourself these days?

Some beauties down in Kilkenny at Rás na mBan.

that's some saddle angle on that second s-works! (middle pic)

Yeah. That's Anna Shackley's bike. Race leader, so it must work for her! :)

The Felt would be my pick out of that bunch.

• Advertisement

what's the latest rule? 9 degrees off horizontal allowed as far as i can see; that looks like more than that. maybe they've allowed a different rule for women.

Advertisement