Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

What do you mean by this, get the gear levers positioned a bit more down on the bars or is it something to do with the levers of the skewers? Which is it?

Sorry, yes i meant the gear levers.. but that goes down to personal taste and fit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

@Home:Ballyhoura - man that is one sweet looking machine. I think the solid white logo on the wheels with the red paint bit on the wheels too is the best looking scheme but they all look class. I'd almost be reluctant to even cycle that thing just in case I messed up its purtyness....enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

My 'new' bike, 2004 Litespeed Ghisallo. 14 1/2 lb according to the bathroom scales.

IMG_0337.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nice! thats pretty damn light for a titanium bike, whats the rest of the spec?
    is there a kink in the seatpost or am I nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ooh, very nice indeed. What's the seatpost? If I had a Titanium bike I'd stick this on it.

Just imagine how light it would be without all those headset spacers :P

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

that'd go well alright, I guess the seatpost is just setback too, but it looks a bit funny with the saddle pointed down also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

copacetic wrote: »
    that'd go well alright, I guess the seatpost is just setback too, but it looks a bit funny with the saddle pointed down also?

It's a medium frame (898g certified) but the guy I bought it from was a little tall for it (5'11) so he had the offset seat post and a long steerer tube. As I'm a perfect size 5'9 1/2 :D the seat post will be going and I'll be trimming the steerer too. The groupset is Record and the wheels are Halo Mercury (F: 661g R: 885g). Already I'm obsessing about weight :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DubRoss

My 2009 Giant Bowery 84 - just days old. Lovin' it!

2009 Giant Bowery 84.jpg

spicey? don't get ya

A bit of confusion there with the posts :p

Spicy on the price i mean!

• Advertisement

Yeah, sorry about that - was trying to embed the photo in the post. Not very succsessfully obviously.

Ah spicy! Yup, it was a bit spicey but the auld cycle-to-work scheme meant a good bit was knocked off the price. Was originally looking to get a frame on ebay and build from there, but they were fairly expensive too!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

el tel wrote: »
    It's a medium frame (898g certified) but the guy I bought it from was a little tall for it (5'11) so he had the offset seat post and a long steerer tube. As I'm a perfect size 5'9 1/2 :D the seat post will be going and I'll be trimming the steerer too. The groupset is Record and the wheels are Halo Mercury (F: 661g R: 885g). Already I'm obsessing about weight :o
    I think you would want to trim the steerer quite a bit as I saw a recommendation recently that you should not use more than 40mms of spacers under the stem with a carbon steerer (which presumably is what you have) as your weight on the bars causes too much stress on the steerer. Beautiful bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

DubRoss wrote: »
    My 2009 Giant Bowery 84 - just days old. Lovin' it!
    Beautiful bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Beautiful bike.

Pics or it didn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Thanks Dual! I think so. Feel a bit guilty riding it though as i haven't got the skills to match yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭biker_joe

Just built last week .......

84935.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Nice bike Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭biker_joe

Thanks tonto
    Built from an older training bike, shimano RS20 wheels and SKS mudguards to go on for the winter ....I will ride a few league races on it during the Summer, if it ever comes back !!

Biker Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Vitamin C

Cabaal wrote: »
    Nothing fancy, got a Trek FX 7.1 to replace my aging mountain bike, just for commuting to be honest

trek71fx.jpg

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/96/42090296.html

It's not a TREK but it's very similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭forza_milo

Have been meaning to post photos of this all year. Couldn't get out today as I was on baby sitting duty so at least got the chance to give the bike a good clean. Seems as good an excuse as any to post now,

Colnago Master x-light
    Precisa Steel Fork
    Campagnolo Centaur/Chorus Group set
    Ambrosio Excellight Rims on Centaur Hubs
    Chris King Headset
    Deda Newton Bar and Stem
    Fizik Arione saddle
    Chorus seatpost
    Elite Ciussi Bottle Cages

3735938461_95e4233a99.jpg

3735880245_13ce48a2b5.jpg

3736674662_71939ab35c.jpg

3735885623_d2cbf6a53f.jpg

3735884111_d4f776a07a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

^^^ I want pics.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

That's beautiful Forza Milo - how old is the frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭csb1989

rottenhat wrote: »
    That's beautiful Forza Milo - how old is the frame?

You can buy it new; http://www.colnago.com/masterENG.html

It is a lovely looking bike tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Ah, I had no idea Colnago still made a traditional steel frame...looks damn good in orange too, and blue.

Thanks very much. It's a modern frame. A couple of years ago Colnago added a carbon rear end to the Master but it doesn't seem to have been very well received as they reverted to the all steel Master with Pecisa forks in 2007/2008. The paint scheme is called Saronni Red as it is based on the bike Giuseppe Saronni rode at the Worlds in 1982, hence the retro look. It also comes in Molteni scheme of orange and blue which is pretty amazing looking too.

[as you now know I see!]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

@ forza-milo - that's a really classy looking machine, really nice

forza that's a really beautiful bike. Just out of curiosity, have you actually weighted it to see how much it is?

Thanks. It comes in at 9.2kg, so by no means particularly light by modern standards. Carbon forks would bring down the weight by c. 400g but that would miss the point a bit.

Here's a well thought out article on the whole steel/weight argument from a US website.

http://www.smartcycles.com/bike_weight.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Unless I imagined it, one of the best things about that Colnago is the sound it makes - it pings tunefully as it goes along.

Maybe gravel hitting the frame?

Advertisement