Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

niceonetom wrote: »
    That winspace looks strangely familiar, it's uncanny. :P

Lovely build though, and those frames get good reviews however they're branded.

Thanks

Yes Ribble use the same mould but Winspace are built to a higher quality and are backed by a 2 yr warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Waterford, but we'll keep an eye out for you at the Sean Kelly Tour which will now be compulsory for you on a bike that flash.

Riiight, l was a little bit off the mark but hey....waterford/louth why we're practically neighbours! :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

AAAAGGGGHHHHH She's gone to the dark side. BURN HER...BURN HER!!!! :D:D

Nice looking wheels Caroline. Happy MTBing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

20090729_21.jpg

That sort of looks like a 29er doesn't it? But the wheels aren't big, the frame is just tiny. Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

furiousox wrote: »
    Sure am, thanks again for the link Quigs.
    BTW you're in Louth aren't you?
    l'm in Drogheda, ru near?

Furiousox

I'm in Drogheda PM if you want to join a few spins

• Advertisement

l will thanks Smithzer, l'm starting from scratch so l'll build up fitness for a couple of weeks then give you a pm. Thanks again.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Trek 1.9 bought in May and just 400 klms on it , as I had a fall and damaged some nerves in my back , but I am back at it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

macadam wrote: »
    Trek 1.9 bought in May and just 400 klms on it , as I had a fall and damaged some nerves in my back , but I am back at it now.

Nice bike, but for the love of Euroness please remove the warning sticker from the front fork. Unless it is a load bearing sticker, it won't make the bike any safer :)

Looks nice though, good paintjob on it, something that Trek have not been doing well lately. You should probably slaughter some small animals and hang their entrails from the frame, it's called modern art these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Nice bike, but for the love of Euroness please remove the warning sticker from the front fork.
    ... for the Love of Euroness, remove all Trek stickers from the bike you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Uh oh maybe too much Trek on my bike here :P

86596.jpg

• Advertisement

Liamo08 wrote: »
    Uh oh maybe too much Trek on my bike here :P
    in your case the Discovery Channel stickers is the death of Euroness ... if he/she stares at them too long, the Eurocyclist will eventually die of a slow and painfull death.

in your case the Discovery Channel stickers is the death of Euroness ... if he/she stares at them too long, the Eurocyclist will eventually die of a slow and painfull death.

I thought the Campag groupset would offset this effect but you're probably right no overcoming the Disco logo.

Liamo08 wrote: »
    I thought the Campag groupset would offset this effect but you're probably right no overcoming the Disco logo.

Campag is 'recessive' against Discovery Channel I'm afraid ...

( having said that i am currently resurrecting my old trek too ... )

Campag is 'recessive' against Discovery Channel I'm afraid ...

( having said that i am currently resurrecting my old trek too ... )

Go for it, its much more fun over here on the dark side. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

When taking a photo of your bike always always always put the drivetrain in the big ring/little sprocket combo with the cranks horizontal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Safety sticker removed, maybe i should paint some nice butterflies on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anyone else hear David Harmon say Lances bike looked very 'New York Fixie"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I did this on my previous Trek and it left an awful sticky glue section behind which attracted dirt and was very difficult to remove. If you had a similar problem, I found vodka to be the best solution to clean it off after a quick google search! Haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

If you had a similar problem, I found vodka to be the best solution to clean it off after a quick google search! Haha ;)

Lighter fluid is also very good for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Surgical spirits does the job too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

3790405958_a90fe91a74_o.jpg
    3790407202_baf95e5eea_o.jpg
    3789594921_9177de8681_o.jpg
    3790408796_156cd4ab26_o.jpg
    3789593993_a3dca76fc2_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Thats a nice lookin' machine gman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Friggin' beautiful bike alright, looks pretty light! What handlebar tape is that, I don't seem to have come across that before! Fizik something or other with raised up dimples, looks interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Lots of pictures of the 2010 Specialized range here:

http://maquinasmaharas.mforos.com/630334/8349556-presentacion-modelos-specialized-2010/

PS @gman2k nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

@gman2k: lovely looking bike. I thought Addicts had yellow decals (which I'm not massively fond of), but those silver ones look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

My Addict SL frame is from the 08 range, only change to 09 is the paint scheme.
    I bought the frame here - fantastic value for what is claimed to be the lightest production frame, and seems to be good enough for Columbia HTC:)
    The bar tape is actually Cinelli, but I've gel pads under - (by Fizik).
    She is a light machine - 14.5lbs as pictured.
    All thanks to the guys in Spokes in Waterford for putting her together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Short of the split top tube the new stumpys have a look of the Corratec Superbow about them don't they?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

some nice pics, the new globe hybrids and singlespeeds look well. Liking the built up pic of the steel langster I posted a while back.

Re: Scott Addict

"Beaaauuuuuty Mate!":)

(c) The Wiggles 2009

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

gman2k,

A couple of tweaks to the saddle, bars and steerer and it would look even better. :)

57c7776452f0f940deeb8cad4431b8ea.gif

Advertisement