Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

Saw this in a link posted in "Cool vids + Pics etc." and thought it might get a chuckle out of people here....

1532.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Mr Skeff converted my FCR3 to drops for me last night, he also changed my tyres and pedals too.

Amazing job I think you will all agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Nice job - you won't know yourself now with the drops - flat sprints and descents will be much faster much more fun affairs!

We should start linking all the posts where people convert hybrids/flat bar racers to drops so we can show potential hybrid/FBR purchasers what their bike will look like in 12 months :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭TheJones

Huggles wrote: »
    Mr Skeff converted my FCR3 to drops for me last night, he also changed my tyres and pedals too.

Amazing job I think you will all agree!

Great decision! looks brilliant with drops, have to admit the paint finish on the FCR range is far better than their defy sisters, out of sheer curiosity how much did the conversion set you back? Just a ballpark figure for the stem, drops, STI's and ancillary pieces such as new cables and outers etc.

• Advertisement

€220 for the parts :D

Shes a beaut!
    TheJones wrote: »
    Great decision! looks brilliant with drops, have to admit the paint finish on the FCR range is far better than their defy sisters, out of sheer curiosity how much did the conversion set you back? Just a ballpark figure for the stem, drops, STI's and ancillary pieces such as new cables and outers etc.

As far as I can remember the Defy 1 had the same paint job as my FCR.

I see for 2010 the FCRs have been replaced with another range - Sprint possibly...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭TheJones

Huggles wrote: »
    As far as I can remember the Defy 1 had the same paint job as my FCR.

I see for 2010 the FCRs have been replaced with another range - Sprint possibly...?

Well Huggles I better come clean, great minds and all that, built the below up myself for a tour around Ireland during what was supposed to be the summer, through rain, fog, mud and hertz rental cars the feckin thing proved to be bomb proof and bloody fast, although I was initially going to sell it off after my holiers to someone on the same mission and of similiar mindset decided to keep it!

Also have a white defy2.5 but that'll be heading to the buynsell very very soon indeed!

Hawt! :D
    Well Huggles I better come clean, great minds and all that, built the below up myself for a tour around Ireland during what was supposed to be the summer, through rain, fog, mud and hertz rental cars the feckin thing proved to be bomb proof and bloody fast, although I was initially going to sell it off after my holiers to someone on the same mission and of similiar mindset decided to keep it!

Also have a white defy2.5 but that'll be heading to the buynsell very very soon indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

A few more upgrades since I first posted this up here, main thing is it is down to 7.18kg. I threw in a couple of weird looking effects which are pretty nifty in my opinion! Haha, enjoy :)

3948269313_82a18f5148.jpg

3949053424_03eea92206.jpg

3948250401_d9db37461e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

A few more upgrades since I first posted this up here, main thing is it is down to 7.18kg. I threw in a couple of weird looking effects which are pretty nifty in my opinion! Haha, enjoy ]

I was wondering how you were making the bike stand there, but unless I'm crazy, you've cloned a box out of the first pic, but you can see it in the other two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I was wondering how you were making the bike stand there, but unless I'm crazy, you've cloned a box out of the first pic, but you can see it in the other two?

It must be some shoppery. The left pedal is 'hanging' horizontal instead of vertical, indicating that there might be an invisible box or tin of beans or something there!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

A few more upgrades since I first posted this up here, main thing is it is down to 7.18kg.

Are those Corimas clincher (1660g) or tubular (1440g)? What are the tyres?

Photoshop is cheating. You should prop it up with something suitable, like this:
    Aero_Milk_Chocolate_Bar_125g.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

guinness.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

:rolleyes:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Yes, you are right! Cloned out a brick which was supporting the left pedal which you can see in the other pictures in this Flick photo album!
    It must be some shoppery. The left pedal is 'hanging' horizontal instead of vertical, indicating that there might be an invisible box or tin of beans or something there!
    Yes, well spotted there! That is definitely one of the clues to give it away that something is not right! Yep, twas an old photoshop job!
    Lumen wrote: »
    Are those Corimas clincher (1660g) or tubular (1440g)? What are the tyres?

Photoshop is cheating
    I know, I cheated a little by using the old Photoshop trick, but I have to say it does look much better with no ugly brick holding it up (or any daiseys or dandelions in the garden).

Those are tubular Corima's, a set of the older yet lighter Medium model which are between 1350-1400g for the set. I just modified them a little with the fancy stickers to make them look a bit more modern. The rear tyre is a Continental Sprinter (275-280g) which has lasted around 1,500kms of racing puncture free. The front is a Continental Competition 265g which I just put on recently (wouldn't usually run these as they are €60 each but I got them half price on WeightWeenies for sale section). Previous to these I went through 3 Vittoria Corsa Evo CX II 320TPI - light at 245g - in the space of three months, ridiculously bad puncture protection or just seriously unlucky.

I also keep the Weight Weenies out there occupied in this thread I have on there where everyone shows off their bikes etc. You could spend ages just drooling over some bikes but there are guys who take it just one step too far. An example of this was one guy who cut down his house and car keys as much as he could and still work just to save weight! What an idiot, he said the 1g was well worth it!!! :P Haha, I have to laugh at these people sometimes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭The BOFH

My new Downhill bike; Transition Blindside with 2009 Boxxer Teams. I'm waiting on a racing saddle & some wider bars.

blindside1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Love the bike , dont know about the shorts and tights, bit early for haloween .

Enjoy your long spin, keep us posted

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

fiestaman wrote: »
    Done 20k thismorning, only had enough time to do that, Get a long one in during the week im on hols.

nice, needs carbon bottle cages though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

macadam wrote: »
    Love the bike , dont know about the shorts and tights, bit early for haloween .

Enjoy your long spin, keep us posted

shorts only untill tomorrow, hoping to have assos bib shorts tomorrrow in the post from slane cycles. there the only one i have with a pad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Hi there fiesta,

What part of the country do you cycle.

carlow - kilkenny

fiestaman wrote: »
    Done 20k thismorning, only had enough time to do that, Get a long one in during the week im on hols.

Me Assos shorts came this morning, some service from Slane Cycles, ordered friday here at 8.35 thismorning.
    Pic added above, look a bit better than last shorts anyway

These are some shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Pictures of actual boardsies on Images of Beauty.

This is a most interesting development.

Lumen wrote: »
    Pictures of actual boardsies on Images of Beauty.

This is a most interesting development.

that pic was supposed to be edited. pics gone now.

Sorry....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭full gas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

full gas wrote: »

Lovely bike but i hope you like cleaning! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Loving the Boras.

Advertisement