Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Dont imagine flex will be too much of an issue for me as this is only my first proper bike so i wont notice it... but yeah had a quick spin on it yesterday and i'm loving it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Droool.....what a beauty!

Spotted yesterday:

attachment.php?attachmentid=93123&stc=1&d=1255424755
    attachment.php?attachmentid=93124&stc=1&d=1255424755
    attachment.php?attachmentid=93125&stc=1&d=1255424755

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭full gas

where can i find the tread of crap bikes , sure i saw it on here some where , can anyone point me in right direction

peterako wrote: »
    Droool.....what a beauty!

Spotted yesterday:

attachment.php?attachmentid=93123&stc=1&d=1255424755
    attachment.php?attachmentid=93124&stc=1&d=1255424755
    attachment.php?attachmentid=93125&stc=1&d=1255424755

What's the history with those funky spokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Dónal wrote: »
    What's the history with those funky spokes?

I think that's a "snowflake". There are a few like that. Yer man Chewy in the fixie shop in temple bar can make em like that apparently. I'm not sure how they're like to true though, or what happens when you break a spoke. Funky, mind.

• Advertisement

full gas wrote: »
    where can i find the tread of crap bikes , sure i saw it on here some where , can anyone point me in right direction

this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

niceonetom wrote: »
    I think that's a "snowflake". There are a few like that. Yer man Chewy in the fixie shop in temple bar can make em like that apparently. I'm not sure how they're like to true though, or what happens when you break a spoke. Funky, mind.

Looks good, flexes like a Mo-fo. Dave in Cyclelogical was doing them for a while to i think, one or two of the ladies at the track had them on the spare bike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

niceonetom wrote: »

What's the advantage of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

el tonto wrote: »

They look like snowflakes.

el tonto wrote: »

Hipster pussy. Chicks with tattoos love the snowflake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Well I've eventually finished my bike, colour matching and all :D
    Guess I need another bike now ;)

4014610504_e693db6585_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

I see you have Crud Roadracers :)

Received mine in the post Monday and looking forward to getting them on my bike.

They certainly don't take away from you pretty steed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

My new Scott Addict R2

scott.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

@el tel: WOW! I'm in love, really...that is one beautiful bike you have there! Those wheels look really class on it, especially with the tyres with the red trim to match the stripe on the frame! I'd say that is really light alright, an idea on how much it weighs? Nice car in the background too...just a pity your numberplate is so plain looking! Haha :D

Cheers Ballyhoura, bike weighs 14 3/4 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Please tell me that is your wife's A4 or you at least drive all year round with the roof up???

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Please tell me that is your wife's A4 or you at least drive all year round with the roof up???

LOL. Car is mine; Saturday was such a nice day that it would have been criminal to have the roof up! Get one and you'll understand :p

I would only drive this or something similar:

lamborghini-murcielago-lp640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

I would only drive this or something similar

Similar? :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Volvo480_TwoTone.JPG

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »

No way to that, I'll keep my bike....the standard Murcielago would also suffice ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

el tel wrote: »
    Cheers Ballyhoura, bike weighs 14 3/4 pounds.

Wow, a real 6.7kg beauty...I can't believe that your bike is under the UCI legal weight limit with pretty much stock parts! Does that weight include pedals and cages etc? Thats a serious machine you have there...best of luck with it. It really looks lovely ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 scoobydoo22

Hi There! here is a picture of my lovable Trek; is hard to keep up with racing bikes with this bike. I love here shiny wheels tho!

Scooby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

Trek Part Deux!

If I win the Lotto, I wud buy this:

Rob, I like the bike;bet u that will get u up Alpe d'Huez like a rocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Nice bike Rob987. Would that be the colour option 2007 Madone 5.9 SL? LA rode the protoype SL in 2004 Tour.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Nice bike Rob987. Would that be the colour option 2007 Madone 5.9 SL? LA rode the protoype SL in 2004 Tour.

Hi Velo - it's actually the 2006 Madone 5.2. Stock bike except for the Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 rims which I picked up in 2007. Loved the Discovery Channel colour scheme.

Maybe I'll buy the Team Radio Shack version in 2010...:rolleyes:

Rob987 wrote: »
    Hi Velo - it's actually the 2006 Madone 5.2. Stock bike except for the Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 rims which I picked up in 2007. Loved the Discovery Channel colour scheme.

Maybe I'll buy the Team Radio Shack version in 2010...:rolleyes:

I actually wonder what bike Lance will ride next year? He'll probably have a crystal skull headset, a dead fish cut in half for the saddle and some condoms stuck to deep section aero wheels.

Rob, I like the bike;bet u that will get u up Alpe d'Huez like a rocket!

Tell you what Scooby Doo - you buy the Giant TCR, I'll get the 2010 Radio Shack Madone and we can do Alpe d'Huez, then le Col de Lautaret/Galibier. Maybe les Deux Alpes after that. And then down to Cafe de Paris for some Leffes in Bourg d'Oisans...

Deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I actually wonder what bike Lance will ride next year? He'll probably have a crystal skull headset, a dead fish cut in half for the saddle and some condoms stuck to deep section aero wheels.

lance-time-trial.jpg

There's the jonnies right there.

Advertisement