Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

budfox wrote: »
    How do I post an image in the body text of my post as opposed to it coming up as an attachment? Saves folks having to open the attachment...

thanks..!

attach image
    preview post
    copy image location
    insert image!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Lumen wrote: »
    Here's a properly dressed EPS to help heal the scars.
    eps_valmis_neutron_tonni.jpg
    Off-topic, but I believe they take those Bikeradar bike shots by someone just out of the frame letting go of the bike, taking the photo and then grabbing it again (or letting it fall over, although I would like to think that doesn't happen.) There is one where the hand is visible in the frame to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭budfox

dsc04289uv.jpgProbably not everyone's cup of tea but I like it! Need to change the mudguards but the only decent ones I could get at cycleways.

dsc04279d.jpgdsc04279v.jpg w639.pngdsc04289hv.jpg w639.png
    E:%5CDCIM%5C105NCD60

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Planet X,

This is Images of Beauty. I can take the flat bars. I can take the excessive steering tube. I can even take the reflectors.

But for god's sake man, please remove that pie plate.

.... and the BELL.....Jeez..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

OH....MY....GOD !!! Just 'cos they make it doesn't mean you should stick it on your bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Here's two of my three...the first won't appeal to the afficionados amongst you but it's a great winter training bike and outruns loads of guys on Madones and Kuotas who have more money than fitness.
    The Dahon is just great. I'm actually allowed to bring it into the pub (unfolded) it's become such a talking point.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=95217&stc=1&d=1257296907

attachment.php?attachmentid=95218&d=1257296598

I also have a Specialized Hardrock which I'm doing up for a bit of slow touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

coolbeans wrote: »
    Here's two of my three...the first won't appeal to the afficionados amongst you but it's a great winter training bike and outruns loads of guys on Madones and Kuotas who have more money than fitness.

I don't know why you're so defensive about your Lidl bike. It's great, stop apologising for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I don't know why you're so defensive about your Lidl bike. It's great, stop apologising for it!

prob cos of posts like
    Acoustic wrote: »
    loads of shops dont want anything to do with them , piles of sh1te

some shops will do it

fook out the frame and get a new one , as the ultegra is the only good part on em

at least the chainstay hasnt broken :rolleyes:

great bike

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    .... and the BELL.....Jeez..!!!

You mean this BELL?

P1010053-1.jpg

prob cos of posts like

at least the chainstay hasnt broken :rolleyes:

great bike

Aw shucks, you guys make me feel all gooey inside (sniff) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

Hi here is a couple of photos of my new bike

Bike006.jpg

Bike005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Wow EPIC saddle position. I doubt that's even UCI legal.

Nice bike though.

Yeah the saddle height has been changed to a more user friendly height

Con

PS the bike is a peach to cycle :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Very defensive, Coolbeans! I have a beaut of a Madone and whilst Im not ever gonna reach Lance's Lactic threshold, I can handle my own!

For the 900 Yoyos that you paid for that in Lidl (offer only valid till Thurs 19th!!), you coulda got a much higher spec Bianchi, Felt or even a nice Trek 1.2.

If you had gone further than the aisle beside the nice Balsamico and tasty German Bratwurst and maybe looked at the web or second hand, you could have got something better than a glorified chainset.

I for one, really do wish I had more money than fitness!! Not in any way a snob, but AM a firm believer in buy cheap, buy twice...

ckeego wrote: »

Very defensive, Coolbeans! I have a beaut of a Madone and whilst Im not ever gonna reach Lance's Lactic threshold, I can handle my own!

For the 900 Yoyos that you paid for that in Lidl (offer only valid till Thurs 19th!!), you coulda got a much higher spec Bianchi, Felt or even a nice Trek 1.2.

If you had gone further than the aisle beside the nice Balsamico and tasty German Bratwurst and maybe looked at the web or second hand, you could have got something better than a glorified chainset.

I for one, really do wish I had more money than fitness!! Not in any way a snob, but AM a firm believer in buy cheap, buy twice...

Oh for feck sake I wasn't having a go at you or all Madone riders. It was a veiled criticism of those who come out on top of the line bikes that are as light as a feather whilst their owners are anything but and end up slowing me down in group sessions. I'm a firm believer in doing the work first and buying the top of the line equipment later. I looked everywhere for a good bike and I got one albeit without a branded frame. Doesn't please the bike snobs out there (:rolleyes:) but I couldn't give a sora groupset what you think as I didn't wanna buy online as I needed the expertise of the LBS. The groupset alone was worth what I paid for the bike and the frame does the job for my humble 150KM (and increasing) per week needs. I'm happy and my initial regrettable defensiveness was premeditating comments from people such as acoustic. Friends?:D

"sora groupset analogy courtesy of blorg or Raam or Lumen)

but I couldn't give a sora groupset what you think

"sora groupset analogy courtesy of blorg or Raam or Lumen)

Those other two clowns could never come up with something like that.

Friends? Hell, yeah! Would love to go for a spin soon, too! Just leave the Lidl bike at home and bring the foldy!! :)

Loved the quote on the Sora too:)

And as for the weight of the bike versus it's rider...It's about 35 yrs and 1 month since I was 8 kilos:D

Talk soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Oh for feck sake I wasn't having a go at you or all Madone riders. It was a veiled criticism of those who come out on top of the line bikes that are as light as a feather whilst their owners are anything but and end up slowing me down in group sessions. I'm a firm believer in doing the work first and buying the top of the line equipment later.

I'm not personally offended, but you are implicitly criticising just about everybody who isn't faster than you and who owns a nicer bike (that may be me, or not, I don't know. Do you have a graph I can consult?).

That is potentially a very large number of people who are just out riding their bikes and minding their own business. As you continue to improve on your current bike more and more people will fall foul of your scorn net.

Maybe just live and let live? :)

I'm not personally offended, but you are implicitly criticising just about everybody who isn't faster than you and who owns a nicer bike (that may be me, or not, I don't know. Do you have a graph I can consult?).

That is potentially a very large number of people who are just out riding their bikes and minding their own business. As you continue to improve on your current bike more and more people will fall foul of your scorn net.

Maybe just live and let live? :)

Fair enough, mea culpa. :) I'd say more only I can't get me feckin' foot out of me mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Lots of snobbery going on here really.

Fred A: you're too fat to adequately justify your lance-approved bike! I am better than you!
    Fred B: that as may be but your bike is a glorified chainset bought in a budget supermarket!! I am better than you!
    Fred C: ah lads, where is the love?
    Fred D: lots of snobbery going on here really...

• Advertisement

I'm a bigger snob than you are :D

...And who the F@$k is Fred???:)

All good clean banter...nothing more than you would hear on a Sunday morning spin..

Any midweek riders out Bray/Greystones area keen for a spin? Keep missing the Wheelers of a weekend morning due work getting in the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

jag con wrote: »
    Yeah the saddle height has been changed to a more user friendly height

Con

PS the bike is a peach to cycle :D:D:D

I was considering one of those frames myself, very nice indeed!

Cheers d4r3n have to say it is a great frame im very happy with it built it up from scratch with the help from Mr Skeffington

Con

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

niceonetom wrote: »
    Fred A: you're too fat to adequately justify your lance-approved bike! I am better than you!

woohoo i made a category (except i have a focus)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

jag con wrote: »
    Cheers d4r3n have to say it is a great frame im very happy with it built it up from scratch with the help from Mr Skeffington

Con

Thanks Con,

Just be careful with the saddle position, if it is too far forward or too far back it can cause damage to the saddle rails.

There is a good article with info on saddle fore and aft positioning here:
    http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm

Glad the bike is going well for you.

Skeff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

blorg wrote: »
    Off-topic, but I believe they take those Bikeradar bike shots by someone just out of the frame letting go of the bike, taking the photo and then grabbing it again (or letting it fall over, although I would like to think that doesn't happen.) There is one where the hand is visible in the frame to the left.

Sometimes an upturned glass under the non-drive side pedal photoshopped out afterwards, sometimes fishing wire, sometimes just letting go of it for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I decided to build a good solid winter bike. I wanted Aluminium and similar geometry to my "A" bike, with a similar feeling groupset. So.. what better to mimic the feel of a Cervelo R3SL with SRAM Red than another Cervelo ? I picked up a 2010 model S1 frameset. Aluminium, quite heavy etc... and put a 2009 Sram Rival Gruppo (red crankset) on it. I put on the same (albeit cheaper versions of the stem, saddle, pedals etc.. and the same handlebars). In theory it should feel identical to my other bike, I should not notice the difference unless I look down. (Note, the Zipps won't be ridden in the winter obviously, probably some old Kysriums, maybe the original cosmic carbones, they look pretty but weigh the same as a volkswagen Golf and thats not a bad thing in winter)

The 2010 S1 was slated for its ugly looks on the Cervelo owners forums. I don't get it, I reckon its not bad at all.

IMG_039911.jpg

IMG_040011.jpg

@Quigs: give us a pic for the love of god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Can I be cheeky and ask the damage on the frameset?

I think that looks pretty nice (he said plotting a possible campag build...:D)

Advertisement