Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I don't have it yet although I imagine it will be decent, Shimano calipers generally are. Not sure if there was much difference brake-wise when they went to 10 speed. Have you tried changing the pads? May make more of a difference than the caliper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

blorg wrote: »
    Have you tried changing the pads? May make more of a difference than the caliper.

Yes, even got a cheap set of Dura Ace 7900 pads on Ribble to see would that help (don't ever get them), they wear down if you even look at them!. However while I had them they were OK but that wasn't really the problem. The spring in the cheap unbranded brake seems very weak and there is no way of increasing the tension. They also seem to clog up full with dirt and become very stubborn to spring back into position. I have taken the brakes off the bike many times to get in around the workings of them to clean them out thoroughly and lube any pivot points etc to avoid them rubbing due to not opening out again after braking.

New cables were also no help. I have come to the conclusion that they are just utter crap and so did the bike shop mechanic when I asked him to take a look. I think it's about time I either upgraded brakes or just robbed a set off one of the other bikes until the start of the racing season when the Trek becomes redundant again (will be swapping saddle and pedals back too so one more item is probably no harm). Would be able to save a bit of money that way too! The options would be DA 7800 or Ultegra 6700. Sure knowing me it will be that time anyway before I have my mind made up, haha, sure thanks for your help! Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

Golfanatic wrote: »
    This is one of my two bikes, shes completely unique i love it! i built it up over christmas
    Enjoy!
    th_DSCN0448.jpgth_DSCN0454.jpg
    That's a very slick looking build! I'm curious to know what the frame is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

BLB 'classic'
    About half way down here

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

the brakes are great. fantastic value, and yes its a BLB (brick lane bikes) frameset i love it its just something about the lugs i adore!!! and might be getting the pedals soon. was wondering what lock to get and need your advice. either a kryptonite mini d or bigger or an oxford heavy duty chain lock. id love your advise as dont want to lose this bike like i nearly did; heres the story

I was running into a diy store in DL for spraypaint for a frame i found was in 2 seconds literally and then my bike was knicked. i was so anoided. i told mikes bikes in dl if someone trys to sell it or repair it could they ring me. my phone was broken when i guy came into the store to sell it for 50 quid!!! they rang me but no joy they told the little scumbag that they knew it was my bike so they told him so he ran...with the bike he dumped it someone else picked it up and brought it into mikes bikes to repair it they said yes and rang me. i ran down and then the cops took it to wait for yer mans proof he ran and i eventually got it back...it was buggered but now its tip top. if yer wondering its a 700 yoyo's bmx. just thought id share the story with ye all!!!

• Advertisement

this what you need, and i'm pretty sure it's the cheapest place as well

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

abcdggs wrote: »
    BLB 'classic'
    About half way down here
    Interesting looking site - thanks for that. It's now added to my ever growing list of favourites!

Greyspoke wrote: »
    Interesting looking site - thanks for that. It's now added to my ever growing list of favourites!
    unfortunately they don't seem to sell over the web though, haven't been talking to them though, so i'm open to correction

thanks abcdggs if you want stuff from BLB go to mikes bikes and order through them there such a good store, and no you cant order through them there a store in britain and have merchandise. not sure if you would be able to get there nos stuff through mikes bikes but worth a try. and mikes bikes are the only dealer of them im pretty sure they sell all there stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

4258845867_f544d81643.jpg

Upgraded my old specialized bike to a BeOne 17.5" frame, xc717 rims, slx chainset and derailleurs, xt disc brakes and manitou minute 2:00 forks. Charge spoon saddle. New stem and handlebars and grips. My skewers are original parts. The old frame was far too large for me, the difference the smaller frame makes is amazing. I'm still totally ****e, but I can at least go around corners now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Gavin wrote: »

Upgraded my old specialized bike to a BeOne 17.5" frame, xc717 rims, slx chainset and derailleurs, xt disc brakes and manitou minute 2:00 forks. Charge spoon saddle. New stem and handlebars and grips. My skewers are original parts. The old frame was far too large for me, the difference the smaller frame makes is amazing. I'm still totally ****e, but I can at least go around corners now.

Looking sweet Gavin! Where did you get the Beone? CRC?
    I am still seriously tempted by the Beone carbon hardtail frames from Fizzbikes.com , pity only a few sizes left now, but keeping an eye out for new stock soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Cheers gman, picked up the frame off my brother, he upgraded to a BeOne full suspension. But yeah, he got it from CRC. I don't know if I'd recommend getting one, simply because I am having trouble finding any derailler hanger replacements for it. Hanger straightener worked, but if it snaps, I'm in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Gavin wrote: »
    Cheers gman, picked up the frame off my brother, he upgraded to a BeOne full suspension. But yeah, he got it from CRC. I don't know if I'd recommend getting one, simply because I am having trouble finding any derailler hanger replacements for it. Hanger straightener worked, but if it snaps, I'm in trouble.

any joy on derailleurhanger.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

So here's what my wife likes to call "the most expensive ornament in the house" :o

Changed a few bits (ok..a lot of bits!) and been to irishbikefit for a fitting but it's finished now and ready to go again

Hope you like what I've done with it....

Frame: Bianchi Alu frame/Carbon front fork
    Wheels: Campagnolo Vento
    Tyres: Conti GP4000S
    Brake Calipers: Campag Mirage
    Shifters: Campag Mirage
    Saddle: Selle C2
    Seatpost: FSA SL-K Carbon
    Seatpost Clamp: Campag
    Bars: FSA Omega Compact
    Stem: FSA Carbon
    Headset: FSA Carbon
    Crank: FSA Omega
    Front/Rear Derailleur: Campag Mirage
    Cassette: Campag Mirage 10spd
    GPS: Garmin Edge 205
    Pedals:.....TBC!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Nicely done furiousox!

i see your in the same position as me in the terms of pedals!!! :P you can see my pedals on the last page!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Did'nt think i was a fan of bianchi bikes but that is a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Furiousox

Looks really good, are you getting ready for a few spins, if you still have my number give me a buzz, maybe we can meet up and get a nice bit of dirt on those wheels.

Maca

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭full gas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sweeeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

full gas wrote: »

Nice bike, are they Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate wheels?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Very nice. I love De Rosas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

That's one hawt DeRosa!

Nice bike, are they Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate wheels?
    At first glance I thought they were cross knobblies! Which would have been even better. :D Very nice bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

18979_259422643448_579063448_3183703_8226555_n.jpg

Frame: Bianchi Alu/Carbon
    Wheels: Fulcrum 5
    Tyres: Conti Ultra Gator Skin
    Brake Calipers: Shimano Ultegra
    Shifters: Shimano Ultegra
    Saddle: Selle Italia Signo
    Bars: Deda Newton
    Stem: Deda Zero
    Headset: FSA
    Crank: FSA Gossamer
    Front/Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
    Cassette: Shimano Ultegra
    GPS: Garmin Edge 705 with Cadence
    Pedals: Shimano 105

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭full gas

yes they are

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

She really needs to get a different saddle.

3SuU8.jpg

Top of reddit at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Trojan wrote: »
    She really needs to get a different saddle.

3SuU8.jpg

Top of reddit at the moment.

I think HE needs longer shorts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sexpot

Not sure these are all beauties but I love them none the less.

My Peugeot, Mercian King of Mercia, Pashley Roadster Soverign and my Viking Vision.

The Mercian's a bit to small for me but it's still the nicest to ride. Going over to Derby to order a nice Vincitore in February, can't wait.

Advertisement