Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Sorry if this is a repost, but this, in my eyes, in a piece of beauty. Getting one during the week :D

specialized_langster_steel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Very nice! will you be keeping the rear brake? i love the look of those cable guides!

Think I will for a while at least, seeing as this'll be my first fixed-gear. Thinking of getting a Brooks saddle once I can afford it, and some bullbars, although I love how the dropdowns look, I just don't use them that much.

+1 on the brooks, picked one up the other day. can't wait to finish my new bike to put it on it

Is there anywhere in Dublin that does them cheaper then Cycleways' €70?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Rowery

Thanks Furiousox, that is a lovely looking bike but I'm going for a carbon frame this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

I think the seat pin collar thing is a bit fugly. This is often the case with integrated seat posts, but particularly here.

Incidently, Principia is one of those bikes I wouldn't want to own because of the sound of the name. At the risk of offending some owners of these bikes, there are few others, such as Ribble and Dolan. I know that's a bit stupid, but there you go...

Whoa! back off on the Ribble bashing, I like the name then again I do have one, though now that i think of it, it does kinda sound a bit scooby doo.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

george hincapies new bike

1265028616776-a2w8cyvgdbzg-850-65.jpg

!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,066 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

george hincapies new bike

It's interesting that he's using an carbon/alu SLX01 rather than the full carbon SLR01. Is that a training bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Lumen wrote: »
    It's interesting that he's using an carbon/alu SLX01 rather than the full carbon SLR01. Is that a training bike?

It has a race number on the back. Nice wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Some discussion of it here:

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/fly.aspx?layout=content&taxid=67&cid=2745
    Instead of having all the riders use the same bikes, BMC broke up the team into two categories (climbers/stage riders and sprinters/Classics riders) with an optimum bike for each. Since George Hincapie is not a designated climber, he (and about half the squad) were aboard the unique Racemaster SLX01 which is actually a hybrid aluminum/carbon frame.

Instead of having all the riders use the same bikes, BMC broke up the team into two categories (climbers/stage riders and sprinters/Classics riders) with an optimum bike for each.

Translation #1: we're incapable of making a bike that's both light and stiff.

Translation #2: we've priced the SLR01 at such a ridiculous level that we need Pros riding the more affordable SLX01 to boost sales.

Not mine.

441156595_yDYP2-L.jpg

Is it just me or did they go a bit mad with the colnago stickers?
    I count it 7 times!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Taken in Berea, Kentucky in November 2009. (not one of my bikes):D

4352162582_36192152ee_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Not mine.

441156595_yDYP2-L.jpg

You seem to have come round with your thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Not mine.

441156595_yDYP2-L.jpg

I'd prefer if the wheels didn't say lightweight tbh. They're savage looking otherwise

Raam wrote: »
    You seem to have come round with your thinking.

No, I think it's an ugly little black plastic dwarf bike, utterly spoiled by the weird shifter angle, odd combination of setback saddle and micro-phallus stem, and glossy bartape. Not to mention those lugs.

I just thought you might appreciate it. ;)

OK, I've had photos of it up before, but since I've upgraded to Zipp 303s, and Speedplay X1 pedals. Can't go any further with this machine, only wish my legs could match:D

4357555988_07a9385f3b_b.jpg

Very pretty! love the fact that the wheels are both in the same position.

What's the blue on the chainstay just behind the chainring?

• Advertisement

Wow. It's amazing what a decent set of wheels do for that Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

And a decent rider. Although I suspect a post on the "credit card" thread is in the works, no?

Wow, wow, wow, that is fantastic.

abcdggs wrote: »

What's the blue on the chainstay just behind the chainring?

It's an aluminium plate bonded to the outside of the stay, to take the 'heat' if the chain decides to go awandering;)
    But I'll probably get a chain catcher device from Dave over in adverts section for ultimate insurance.

Wow. It's amazing what a decent set of wheels do for that Scott.

Part of the ex-Columbia High-Road offer that was on before Christmas. (Zipp Rim stickers are an Ebay purchase)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

My Felt F4, apologies for photo, taken on phone camera...
    105312.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

nice bike, even nicer view.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Nice view, even nicer bike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Bike works out more expensive per acre though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

what kind of chain is that?

Advertisement