Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,066 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

what kind of chain is that?

Shimano CN-NX01, obviously. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

hi heres the new pedals on my fixer
    DSCN1170.jpg
    DSCN1150.jpg

i stiched leather grips on them
    DSCN1153.jpg
    DSCN1178.jpg
    DSCN1174.jpg
    i cut the stem adaptor so its shorter, it looks better
    i will have a singlespeed/fixie for sale soon (1-2 weeks) if anyone is looking for one around 400 notes, its gonna look cooool

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I knew that was going to be Conamara/Spidal the minute I saw the view in the background, something about the walls back that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Not mine, obviously....but someday, someday:

attachment.php?attachmentid=105379&stc=1&d=1266362568

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Those drops are class, how was it stitching on the grips. I like the idea of leather grips but not the idea of wrecking it with bad stitching.

Bike looks great with those new pedals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Thargor wrote: »
    I knew that was going to be Conamara/Spidal the minute I saw the view in the background, something about the walls back that way.

Ah, a stone wall aficionado! You will know, of course, by the angle of the stones relative to the horizon that this particular style of stone wall building is indigenous to an area of Conamara approximately 18 miles west of Spiddal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

@ Golfanatic, where did you get the leather grips for the bull horns, I would like to do the same on my fixie. I did a search and could only find leather grips that would slip on to the bar ends.

Thanks

must warn you guys its not easy! i found this place in america call velo orange (google it) he cuts leather and piut holes in it and ships it away. i thought it was a rip off so i looked around and got some leather for free. i got looooooads. i used wax thread to do stich it. the leather is VERY expensive and i doubt youll find some for free but who Knows i did :P its not easy to stich as you have to make it tight. as you can yoiu should see how tight the drops are i cant twist it at all. i could do it for you guys for around 15 because it takes around 1-2 hours a grip depending on the length. but it was worth it on my bulls its just the suede part.

and it take alot of of practice on my first time i had to rip it off 3 times so its not really worth it for you guys spending money on thread and leather to waste it and time also
    (i also have a light baise)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Yes please:

img2377r.jpg

• Advertisement

beware of lumen and his lug hating insanity!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

All my babies.

105752.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

If I had a decent camera I would show my babies.

Edit; did that sound weird??

on here... not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,066 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Oooh, that Time is gorgeous. Apart from the stem, which looks like a herniated bowel, or something.

Will you please make up your mind about lugs on carbon bikes...

What are we supposed to think when our divine leader can't make up his mind about a simple piece of frame design?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

@Raam.
    White seatpost good. Gold bartape bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I didn't realise he was world champion of commuter races now. I hope cadel doesn't mind.

I don't know why I waited so long to get the gold tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

abcdggs wrote: »
    Will you please make up your mind about lugs on carbon bikes...
    Must be French lugs vs Italian lugs. For me, Look and Time make the absolute nicest looking bikes ever. Italian bikes I just do not see the attraction, frankly they are round tubes stuck together with decals slapped on. Aesthetically that does nothing for me. I am sure they work just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    All my babies.

I think you need to upgrade Raam...

... that kitchen's starting to look rather small.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

Raam which is your favourite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Well seeing as there is shag all chance of a cycle here this morning, I've taken some pics.

My new Gallium Pro and my first self build, a big thanks to Lumen who put this on my radar way back !!

105769.jpg

105770.jpg

105771.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Murph100 wrote: »
    Well seeing as there is shag all chance of a cycle here this morning, I've taken some pics.

My new Gallium Pro and my first self build, a big thanks to Lumen who put this on my radar way back !!

Nice use of the snow for a back drop. V cool. Goes with the tape and saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Absolutely lovely Murph100...best of luck with it. Do you mind me asking what skewers you are using? They seem to be quite minimal to say the least.

And also, to back up blorg's statement, I have to fully agree. More examples (click to see more info and pics)!

look596115.jpg

IMG_5857.jpg

Really nice video I have to admit using new Canon camera that has HD video (watch in YouTube to see amazing quality!) ;)

Cheers 72hundred, good job the frame is black & red and not white !!

72hundred wrote: »
    Nice use of the snow for a back drop. V cool. Goes with the tape and saddle.

Thanks Ballyhoura. The skewers are Token Ti something or other, 40g doodahs. They're only on it because Paul in Slane threw them in with the Campy groupset when I called in, I didn't intend using something so flimsy looking but actually they have a real good clamping action and are very secure and they are beginning to grow on me.

Absolutely lovely Murph100...best of luck with it. Do you mind me asking what skewers you are using? They seem to be quite minimal to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

Murph100 wrote: »
    Cheers 72hundred, good job the frame is black & red and not white !!

Nice bike. Have you done much cycling with the tubeless Hutchinson Fusion's? Verdict on tubeless?

Kannon wrote: »
    Raam which is your favourite?

They are all my favourite :)

Really it's the Cervelo, but don't tell the others!

• Advertisement

I like them, wicked grip, corner like on rails, smooth out a bit of road buzz and roll forever but wish they were a little lighter, 240g would be sweet.

Haven't flatted yet so cant comment on that.
    jdt101 wrote: »
    Nice bike. Have you done much cycling with the tubeless Hutchinson Fusion's? Verdict on tubeless?

Advertisement