Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

WOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

AstraMonti wrote: »
    CBPXNAT_P1.jpg

I like the new Nanolight!

even the new wheels are ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

niceonetom wrote: »
    WOW!
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

superbe!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Excellent job on the Wes Mason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

I hope you're out riding that wes mason every day! looks the business! congrats and well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sexpot

Fecking hell redmaxi, some turnaround on the Wes Mason. Looks amazing. I wish I'd had the time/skills/patience/resources to do that. Fair play. Is she riding well?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Redmaxi, That bike looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

sexpot wrote: »
    Fecking hell redmaxi, some turnaround on the Wes Mason. Looks amazing. I wish I'd had the time/skills/patience/resources to do that. Fair play. Is she riding well?
    Thanks for the thanks everyone, she rides very well. Light for a 30 year old bike at 9.72kg. You notice the fork deflection on braking and you can feel the spring in the steel frame but it's a nice change. I'm thinking of doing L'eroica on her. Hardly this year but definetly next if I'm still around !

• Registered Users Posts: 31,066 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ugliness moved to the Broomwagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

4505149214_97cb8036eb_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

My new PX

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dubba wrote: »
    My new PX

Stealth bikes FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Dubba wrote: »
    My new PX

You can adjust the "arm" on the Garmin sensor to sit neatly behind the chainstay - looks much tidier IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

spyderski wrote: »
    You can adjust the "arm" on the Garmin sensor to sit neatly behind the chainstay - looks much tidier IMHO

Oh yeah fix that ........and another thing, is your saddle sloping upwards slightly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

spyderski wrote: »
    Depends on the frame, on some of my bikes I have it that way but on others it would rub the spokes. I think on the PX I have it the same as in the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

Not the owner anymore sold to beans i painted it myself and built the wheels, printed out the decals myself. its a motobecane sprint 1980's

its shinyer than it looks but my greasy hands were all over it from building it

Before

th_DSCN1118.jpg

After

th_DSCN1189.jpg

th_DSCN1191.jpg

th_DSCN1202.jpg

th_DSCN1201.jpg

th_DSCN1196.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

blorg wrote: »
    Depends on the frame, on some of my bikes I have it that way but on others it would rub the spokes. I think on the PX I have it the same as in the picture.

Mine's on a PX too - no problem with rubbing spokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ceepo Ironman Viper, new to CRC:

IMG_3951_large.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Is that UCI legal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Ooof. That picture is very off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

el tonto wrote: »
    Is that UCI legal?

no

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ceepo Ironman Viper, new to CRC

That looks like the sort of bike someone called Dirk Voodoo would ride.

Measuring only 26mm at the thickest point of the downtube the Viper is sure to slice through the air. Ceepo say they “did not restrict the design to meet irrelevant and archaic UCI limitations”. So there!

I wonder if I could get one in time for thursday?

Lumen wrote: »
    That looks like the sort of bike someone called Dirk Voodoo would ride.

Does it come in blue? I was thinking it was more your kind of bike, no compromises, the kind of bike a computer would call "perfect" even if it is a bit of an eyesore. Strangely attractive in an odd way though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Does it come in blue? I was thinking it was more your kind of bike, no compromises, the kind of bike a computer would call "perfect" even if it is a bit of an eyesore. Strangely attractive in an odd way though.

Yes. Strangely attractive in the same way that the fattest ugliest hairiest girl in the world is attractive to the horniest drunkest bloke at 4am in the morning at some dive of a backstreet nightclub in the sticks.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Yes. Strangely attractive in the same way that the fattest ugliest hairiest girl in the world is attractive to the horniest drunkest bloke at 4am in the morning at some dive of a backstreet nightclub in the sticks.

That sounds like the voice of experience. Tell us about the hairy girls, ROK_ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    Tell us about the hairy girls, ROK_ON.

Please don't.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Yes. Strangely attractive in the same way that the fattest ugliest hairiest girl man in the world is attractive to the horniest drunkest bloke at 4am in the morning at some dive of a backstreet nightclub in the sticks.

If you're not bisexual at that point you're either not drunk enough or not horny enough. And by you I don't mean me.

Anyway, I think that bike is quite interesting looking, apart from the nonsense going on behind the saddle. You'd need to be very good to ride it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lumen wrote: »
    If you're not bisexual at that point you're either not drunk enough or not horny enough. And by you I don't mean me.

Anyway, I think that bike is quite interesting looking, apart from the nonsense going on behind the saddle. You'd need to be very good to ride it though.

Or a knight of the round table. It reminds me of those battle horses they have.

Advertisement