Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

or Kerry King from Slayer
    kerry-king_slayer_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Lumen wrote: »
    You'd need to be very good to ride it though.

or in a predator suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Identical
    legoknight.jpgIMG_3951_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

What in tarnation is going on behind the saddle? Bottle cages I understand but what's all that poky outy stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

Hungrycol wrote: »
    What in tarnation is going on behind the saddle? Bottle cages I understand but what's all that poky outy stuff?

Tack sprinklers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Looks like CO2 to me. Not sure hwy they're all pointing all over the shop like that...

Is that a triple? Or just the world's ugliest double?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

Hungrycol wrote: »

Second suggestion.

Looks like the bike has piles!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I saw it advertised somewhere, it holds everything, can't remember what it's called though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

That bike aint even UCI legal !

• Registered Users Posts: 31,066 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

levitronix wrote: »

So what - it's an IM bike, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

levitronix wrote: »

it does look pretty awesome all the same

Finally done! Got the headset bearings from Joe Daly's. Wrapping the bar tape around those campy shifters was one of the most infuriating things I have had to do, but it does look good when you finally wipe away the sweat and tears. Overall I think Shimano was a bit easier to setup, there are a few small errors on this build but nothing that impacts performance.

Camera out of battery so will have to make do with phone photos for now (wishing I had zipped my lip about Che's photo skills).

111096.JPG
    111097.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I m not sure there's enough red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

VERY nice Dirk, well wear, good shots from yer phone too !! :)

Actually yeah I remember those hoods were a nightmare, dont know how I didn't rip mine, although one of the rubber inserty/pin doodahs went bye bye the second I touched it :rolleyes:

Murph100 wrote: »
    VERY nice Dirk, well wear, good shots from yer phone too !! :)

Actually yeah I remember those hoods were a nightmare, dont know how I didn't rip mine, although one of the rubber inserty/pin doodahs went bye bye the second I touched it :rolleyes:

I ended up cutting sections out of the tape to make a hole for the rubber tabs, it wasn't pretty but it stopped the tape bunching up and also blocking the tabs which made the base of the grips lumpy and uncomfortable.

Ugh, never again! That tape will be there for a long time!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I m not sure there's enough red

agreed, the lack of a red stripe on the cranks and stem lets it down:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

copacetic wrote: »
    agreed, the lack of a red stripe on the cranks and stem lets it down:p
    13079.jpg

Quick update now I'm almost done with the latest set of upgrades....

Currently at a shade under 6.9kg as pictured, with one cage, computer mount (but no computer), heavy pedals (light ones are damaged) and heavy seatpost (USE one is lost in post). Should be about 6.8kg once that's all sorted. No plans to weight weenie past that point, nice weight considering the deep clinchers.

29c0voy.jpg

Looks really good, I like the all black look, it reminds me of the Storck Fascenario which would obviously score mucho points for weight weenyism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Unbelievable Lumen, simply stunning! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Looking good (to me).

A big 'Thank you' to Mr. Skeff for his patience.

DFD*

*DamnFineDesign!

111158.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Would ya ever give that kitchen a good tidy? ;)

DFD, are you going to get running boards or whatever they're called for the kids to put their feet on?

Raam wrote: »
    Would ya ever give that kitchen a good tidy? ;)
    The kitchen is tidy! That's just the contents of the pannier bags ;)

Lumen wrote: »
    DFD, are you going to get running boards or whatever they're called for the kids to put their feet on?
    Lumen, I like the idea of the Footsies, but baulk at their price. For the minute, the kids' legs are too short anyway. I might try and get some custom ones made up. I'll probably put some stubby bar ends on as foot rests as an interim measure.

DFD*

*DelayedFootsiesDeployment

4530729954_76d9ce072b_o.jpg

More pics from the project time line here

I've tried to reuse everything from the original bike, or from other bits and bobs I've had hanging around, though it was very tempting to buy some nice shiny new pieces. I do think I'll stump up for a new saddle! Possibly a brown Brooks saddle. Thoughts?

DFD*

*DeltaForceDrive

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Finally done! Got the headset bearings from Joe Daly's. Wrapping the bar tape around those campy shifters was one of the most infuriating things I have had to do, but it does look good when you finally wipe away the sweat and tears. Overall I think Shimano was a bit easier to setup, there are a few small errors on this build but nothing that impacts performance.

Camera out of battery so will have to make do with phone photos for now (wishing I had zipped my lip about Che's photo skills).

Absolutely gorgeous..well the wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

@dualfrontdiscs

definetley buy a brooks saddle itll work with that perfectly, suits that that bike perfectly and more coftorable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dreadzedan

used-road-bikes-703662804624736990.jpg

This looks pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dreadzedan

4530729954_76d9ce072b_o.jpg

More pics from the project time line here

I've tried to reuse everything from the original bike, or from other bits and bobs I've had hanging around, though it was very tempting to buy some nice shiny new pieces. I do think I'll stump up for a new saddle! Possibly a brown Brooks saddle. Thoughts?

DFD*

*DeltaForceDrive

cool;)

Advertisement