Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

My new Storck has just arrived from Germany & assembled last night.

Tasty! :D
    Beautiful bike! what bar and stem is on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭DonVincenzo

abcdggs wrote: »
    Beautiful bike! what bar and stem is on it?

White Ritchey bar & stem - looks absolutely savage (makes the bike for me!!)

Here's the kit

-Ritchey WCS stem
    -Ritchey WCS handlebar
    -essence Carbon seatpost
    -Selle Italia SLR saddle
    -SRAM Force 2010 rear derailleur
    - " cassette
    - " chain
    - " crankset
    - " front derailleur
    - " shifter set
    - " brakeset
    - Fulcrum Racing 1 wheelset in black/white
    - Group black with white decails

- Conti GP 4000 S tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

This is sweet! I'm really liking Storcks these days - stealthy cool! Which model is this - their model naming system is a bit confusing - hard to remember where each model fits in the range. That SRAM Force gruppo is a nice looking piece of kit too. Well wear DonVincenzo - keep 'er between the ditches!

spyderski wrote: »
    This is sweet! I'm really liking Storcks these days - stealthy cool! Which model is this - their model naming system is a bit confusing - hard to remember where each model fits in the range. That SRAM Force gruppo is a nice looking piece of kit too. Well wear DonVincenzo - keep 'er between the ditches!

sorry, just saw its an Absolutist (where do they get these names!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

My new Storck has just arrived from Germany & assembled last night.

Tasty! :D

very nice!! where did yo get it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭DonVincenzo

ipodrocker wrote: »
    very nice!! where did yo get it from?

Thanks ipodrocker! I got it from s-tec sports in Germany. Emailed them many times before I made up my mind. Henning & Andrea (who both run it) - were very helpful indeed.

Here's the link to their site
    http://s-tec-essence.eshop.t-online.de/epages/Store4_Shop38023.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=934966

Just follow the Storck links. My bike has been removed from the site now (as I was told that it was a ltd edition version was one of only 10 made in the world!), but there are other Storck Absolutists / other Storcks on there too. I've read great reviews on them all (the Storck Scenario got 10/10 in cycling plus last month).
    spyderski wrote: »

Thanks spyderski. Apt timing - I've got a week & a half off and am heading out Wesht (Sligo area) for a week & down to Dingle for the weekend of 22nd - so will get plenty of spins on her.

I will certainly "drive her like I shtole her" & "keep'er between the ditches" for sure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

mikes bikes in dun laoghaire sell loads of storck bikes

Golfanatic wrote: »
    mikes bikes in dun laoghaire sell loads of storck bikes
    @Golfanatic Never been there - must have a look sometime !

sorry my mistake they sell another german brand which also begins with "s" its a good brand too. the stores definetley worth a look though some great prices!!

• Advertisement

would this happen to be the shop you work in?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Well kind of,

I've been building this up for the past while as funds allow. Got the frame here on adverts.ie

I'm 95%complete. I need to order some decals and I'm waiting for a different bracket for the front calliper as I ordered the incorrect one. Caliper is in the water bottle cage for now:rolleyes: but at least I could check out the gears/bar&lever positions etc etc.

10.8KG:D it ccertianly feels a lot lighter than my 14KG Trek. Any lighter would have taken a LOT of euros.

Spec is:

Frame Azonic AZ-& Superlight Unobtanium
    Wheels Mavic
    White stuff Ritchey
    Rubber stuff Maxxis
    Everything else Shimano

Couple of photos taken this evening while it's still clean and the sun was shining.

img4265w.jpg

img4266m.jpg

img4276n.jpg

img4268mc.jpg

img4263a.jpg

Bikes like this make me want to MTB!
    Is the frame made of unobtanium?? Like in avatar??

Yes it is I work there part time if I'm free on the weekend nothing major as I'm still in school it's only recently I started so I forgot I can't reccomend it as it's spamming sorry didn't mean to spam :(

Yes it is I work there part time if I'm free on the weekend nothing major as I'm still in school it's only recently I started so I forgot I can't reccomend it as it's spamming sorry didn't mean to spam :(
    No not at all, I don't mind anyway as long as you're up front about it.

Is the frame made of unobtanium?? Like in avatar??

Naah. It's Scandium I think i.e. an Aluminium alloy.

EDIT:
    Fork Rockshox SID Race

Naah. It's Scandium I think i.e. an Aluminium alloy.

EDIT:
    Fork Rockshox SID Race
    I just ask because I've seen it on the oakley site before in one of their descriptions i think...

Rubber strap here
    also
    Other
    Unobtainium is a hydrophillic rubber compound that has increased grip when wet with perspiration.[5] The compound was first used for a motorcycle handgrip[5] and has also been used in the nose-pieces and ear-stems of their sunglasses since 1987[6] and in their watches since 2002.[7].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Beautiful yes but the utilitarian in me says nay...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Damn! That would go perfectly with the Kaiku kit. Unfortunately, none of Team Boards-Kaiku are short enough for that frame...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Just goes to show that internal cabling isn't a new idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

10.8KG:D it ccertianly feels a lot lighter than my 14KG Trek. Any lighter would have taken a LOT of euros.

Spec is:

Frame Azonic AZ-& Superlight Unobtanium
    Wheels Mavic
    White stuff Ritchey
    Rubber stuff Maxxis
    Everything else Shimano

Nice ! Looks like it was expensive anyway even without weight weenie parts !

You going to be racing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

That is one good looking bike Super Freak. I like your black/white finish, looks very slick. Definitely a head turner. Wheels look great too.

That is one good looking bike Super Freak. I like your black/white finish, looks very slick. Definitely a head turner. Wheels look great too.

Thanks Dirk;)
    Nice ! Looks like it was expensive anyway even without weight weenie parts !

You going to be racing it?

No racing for me. The guys in my club have done well in a few of the beginner races, but I get dropped by them on every climb on the club outings. Fitness level is poor, 20 years of inactiity will do that to you :o I'm happy enough to do the club runs with the odd trip to Ballinastoe and Ballyhora.

that frame is going to go to some hipster like every other frame weve seen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Taken after Wednesday Night's MTB spin near Rathgormac with Sportif Waterford Cycling Club

4605551037_1a19f88aeb_b.jpg

4606165376_e788294cf9_b.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

that frame is going to go to some hipster like every other frame weve seen :(

It's a TT frame. Probably not the most comfortable bike for tooling around town on.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

el tonto wrote: »
    It's a TT frame. Probably not the most comfortable bike for tooling around town on.
    I'm not sure all the hipsters on fully 'down' with practicality. :)

DFD*

*DedicationForDesign.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭endurodave

Here is my bike after some fun on the trails!

IMG_3347CR21024x768.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Newbie Time!:D
    Image013.jpg

Advertisement