Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

What graphics are you ordering? The ones on it were cooool! Skulls and blood what more could you want? I hope you didnt bin them.. And put them somewhere they deserve. Like on the bonnet of your car?:)

XTROLITE G7 is a 7000 Alloy. Not sure if theres any scandium in there. I Read about aluminium oxide hairs in the mix?

Dirty scratched pictures to follow I hope. Goodluck

Well kind of,

I've been building this up for the past while as funds allow. Got the frame here on adverts.ie

I'm 95%complete. I need to order some decals and I'm waiting for a different bracket for the front calliper as I ordered the incorrect one. Caliper is in the water bottle cage for now:rolleyes: but at least I could check out the gears/bar&lever positions etc etc.

10.8KG:D it ccertianly feels a lot lighter than my 14KG Trek. Any lighter would have taken a LOT of euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its better not to quote the "IMG" parts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Its better not to quote the "IMG" parts :P
    My bad.. Edited out

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

What graphics are you ordering? The ones on it were cooool! Skulls and blood what more could you want? I hope you didnt bin them.. And put them somewhere they deserve. Like on the bonnet of your car?:)

XTROLITE G7 is a 7000 Alloy. Not sure if theres any scandium in there. I Read about aluminium oxide hairs in the mix?

Dirty scratched pictures to follow I hope. Goodluck

I'll post you up the old stickers. They are a little rolled up and were in the bottom of my bin but I'm sure they'll be fine:) No new ones ordered yet.

I prefer to think of the frame as Unobtanium, until that is I found out that unobtanium is a type of rubber. Not fair.

Hopefully the missing bracket will arrive tomorrow and I'll start getting it dirty soon.

Thanks Dude;)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Hi,

Well there can't be many bikes on here with custom wooden features.

30312_395864912625_188150137625_3885384_2797559_n.jpg

I wanted a custom 'snapdeck' for the bike and thanks to the wonders of boards, I found the guy I needed. The results can be seen here. Well done and 'Thanks' CroppyBoy1798.

In keeping with recent postings in this thread, I went with the suburban decay background, just to make the bike really 'pop' ;)

New Brooks B17 courtesy of Practical Cycles and a bar end mirror from somewhere else.

I have a stem and some drop bars for a stoker setup and am just waiting on a shim to fit them.

I'll then be available for 'ferrying' photographers around for National Cycling week ;)

DFD*

*DesignedForDelight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

DSCF0885.JPG

My new bike finally arrived.
    I know its a bit wrong to have a bianchi thats not in celeste but I'd have to wait months for one of them and I think its a beauty anyway. I do have a celeste water bottle however.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I really like it, but this red tape and saddle makes it look much cheaper than it actually is, especially the tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I really like it, but this red tape and saddle makes it look much cheaper than it actually is, especially the tape.

Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Careful now!
    :D

I have red tape on the Beone and looks grand, but something doesn't add up with the bianchi! Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Careful now!
    careful_now.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Doroteo

Evil looking.... nice bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Doroteo

redmaxi wrote: »
    I bought this from 'sexpot' on here. Handbuilt 531 db by Wes who sent me over original decals and headbadge. Himself a professional road racer who won a gold medal in the '62 at the commonwealth games, in Perth I think. Campagnolo dropouts. Original Suntour Superbe brakeset, Cinneli bars and Campagnolo record shift levers. Suntour Superbe hubs on Mavic Monthlery tubs with stainless db spokes. Sugino BB & SR crankset. San Marco seatpost & saddle. A lot of work on this one !
    Before:
    109519.jpg
    109517.jpg

After:

109520.JPG
    109521.JPG
    109522.JPG

Very nice job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 davidsm99

Hi there,

first time poster but long time reader!

Just thought I would post some pics of my new steed.

Rides great but the service from Ribble was rubbish, took 4 weeks and would not respond to emails etc.

Campag Athena Carbon 11speed groupset with Cosmic Carbons

Don't know how to show the pictures in the body of the mail :(

28042010130.jpg

28042010131.jpg

D

davidsm99 wrote: »
    Hi there,

first time poster but long time reader!

Just thought I would post some pics of my new steed.

Rides great but the service from Ribble was rubbish, took 4 weeks and would not respond to emails etc.

Campag Athena Carbon 11speed groupset with Cosmic Carbons

Don't know how to show the pictures in the body of the mail :(

28042010130.jpg

28042010131.jpg

D
    Very pretty, poor show to hear that about ribble though.
    and welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I've ordered a fair bit of stuff from Ribble myself and never had a problem but they do have a reputation for poor service based on what you read on internet forums. They are very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 davidsm99

Hi Blorg,

no doubt that they are cheap and I am chuffed with the bike, I love it!
    It would have been even better had they replied in a timely manner to my email queries but would strongly reccomend their bikes.

Rgds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 keithraymond

2010_TREK_12C.jpg

Trek 1.2 2010 Model

This is my bike :) Have it about 6 months. 1500 miles and no problems not even a puncture iv'e been lucky! Great start off bike for anyone. Will do me for a couple of years and i'll upgrade then

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This is my bike :)

That's not your bike, that's a brochure shot. Proper pics or GTFO :D

It is my bike....yea i got it off a site coz i had to enter a url to uplaod the pic. So dont be such a retard! kick me off all you like with your moderator powers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

It is my bike....yea i got it off a site coz i had to enter a url to uplaod the pic. So dont be such a retard! kick me off all you like with your moderator powers lol

Rawr! Kitty's got nails!
    Use imgur or pix.ie or something to upload a photo.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure Lumens comment was in jest. Most of his posts range from a joke veiled in a helpful suggestion to the down right ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The point of this thread is to see people's actual bikes, or bikes that they don't own but lust after.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Take a deep breath and a photo of your bike. Attach it using the paperclip icon. Then click Preview Post. You'll see your draft post with the picture attached. Click on the picture and it will open in a new tab/ window. Copy the URL. Use that URL for the image link. Take another deep breath. Click Preview Post again and make sure it's all working fine. Click Post. Take another deep breath and wait for positive, life affirming feedback.

DFD*

*DirectingFruitlessDiatribes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

I apologize, this is a stock facepalm photo, I didn't bother to take one of me doing it. Kick me off if you like with your moderator powers.

lust after such a bike, are ya well lol!! I'll uplaod a picture later if i get the chance! Come out with me on the saddle for 6 or 7 hours and i'll show you a kitty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

lust after such a bike, are ya well lol!! I'll uplaod a picture later if i get the chance! Come out with me on the saddle for 6 or 7 hours and i'll show you a kitty ;)

Is that a threat or an invite for a date? ;)

Raam wrote: »
    Is that a threat or an invite for a date? ;)

well its none of the above, but im pretty sure with 8000 posts im not the kitty here lol:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Sounds like fighting talk....

Howth to Bray again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Russman

Not as fancy as some of the high performance machines on here, but:

This is my bike. There are many like it, but this one's mine bla, bla, bla.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Russman wrote: »
    Not as fancy as some of the high performance machines on here, but:

This is my bike. There are many like it, but this one's mine bla, bla, bla.....

[IMG][/IMG]
    Cool an invisible bike

Advertisement