Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

blorg wrote: »
    Cool an invisible bike

Must...resist....posting.....lolcat....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Lumen wrote: »
    Must...resist....posting.....lolcat....

pah, why resist...

bike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Russman

Cool an invisible bike

Not sure I understand...?

Edit: Ahh I get it now, for some reason I can see the image on my PC (even when not logged in) but when I check on another computer, it is indeed, invisible ! Apologies.

Will post pic later when I get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 keithraymond

chakattack wrote: »
    Sounds like fighting talk....

Howth to Bray again?

Nope not fighting talk at all, I joined this boards.ie site for the craic. Am not used to it, make a post about my bike and am told GTFO (which translates as GET THE **** OFF). Just because I use a picture from a website and not my actual bike which is the exact same as the one on the picture:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:. I have no problem with anyone on here as ye a all just a bunch of usernames but GTFO aint no way to introduce someone to a website, especially by a moderator guy with all the power (all kneel and kiss his feet, NOT)

Was actually looking for the delete account button but couldnt find it :) :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Cool an invisible bike

thats the new stealth anti vandal bike ,u muppet .:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Russman

OK, second attempt to prove my computer abilities........or lack of:D

Still can't get the photo to display so it'll have to be an attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Russman wrote: »
    OK, second attempt to prove my computer abilities........or lack of:D

Still can't get the photo to display so it'll have to be an attachment.
    114619.jpg
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

40177.jpg
    gorgeous even if it is an mtb bit (and why doesnt the road stuff look like that ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Nope not fighting talk at all, I joined this boards.ie site for the craic. Am not used to it, make a post about my bike and am told GTFO (which translates as GET THE **** OFF). Just because I use a picture from a website and not my actual bike which is the exact same as the one on the picture:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:. I have no problem with anyone on here as ye a all just a bunch of usernames but GTFO aint no way to introduce someone to a website, especially by a moderator guy with all the power (all kneel and kiss his feet, NOT)

Was actually looking for the delete account button but couldnt find it :) :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

It wasn't my intention to offend.

Strictly speaking, GTFO means Get The F*** Out, not Off.

More importantly, as UrbanDictionary says,
    1. pics or gtfo

An Internet phrase used jokingly as an ultimatum to new members of a community to post photos of themselves (often nude) or to "get the **** out".

So you know what it means (sort of), but you're not aware that it is always used in jest. Fine, I added a big fat smiley just to make sure you got the message. Which you didn't.

Still, despite your total sense of humour failure I didn't even ban you for calling me a retard, which is (as it happens) far more offensive, particularly to those with friends or family members who have learning difficulties.

I have no idea what all the feet kissing stuff is about either, I'm just a lowly caretaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Lumen wrote: »
    I have no idea what all the feet kissing stuff is about either, I'm just a lowly caretaker.

Hail to the caretaker! No seriously, GTFO. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hail to the caretaker!

116201-004-34DEE6C9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

116201-004-34DEE6C9.jpg
    Reminds me of the folded Bromptons picture:

brompton-42.JPG

http://www.cyclelicio.us/images/brompton-42.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@keith- take a chill pill and welcome to the forum. We are a friendly bunch in general once you get used to the in jokes, try not to be over-sensitive. It is after all the internet. That Trek is a nice bike; my first road bike was a Trek as was my first carbon road bike, I did my first Wicklow 200 on one and I have fond memories.

The Howth to Bray reference was one where a mountain biker (our hero mockler) laid down a duel to the roadie king (now ex-king) El Tonto, saying he could beat him in an urban race on his full-sus. He was true to his word and pulled off the feat. Since that moment any disagreement on this forum has the option of taking it to a similar physical test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Decided to change my bike again. Went for the Felt AR4 2009.

4628716901_f7b2a4b380_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭tfrancer

My new bike............Fuji Cross Pro. Will put on slick tyres for knocking around. Don't really like those brake attachments on the bar but could be tricky to remove. SRAM Rival derailleurs and shifters. DSC00395.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

DSC00396.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I got those auxilliary brake levers on my Tricross which I use for commuting and didn't think I would like them but ended up liking them a lot for commuting. They also tend to include barrel adjusters which is handy. Also have them on my cross bike incidentally, not so essential there but they don't really get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

I got this bike yesterday and I love it.

4644438144_2170cdb599_b.jpg

4644438312_1fe2b7acd8_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

tfrancer wrote: »
    My new bike............Fuji Cross Pro.

Nice. What bars are those? I like the shape of the drops...

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

I built this one up for my gf; got the frame from a friend, the wheels off here and then the assorted bits and bobs from the usual lbs's and online.

Really happy with the way it turned out, it's also the first time I have been able to tune gears without resporting to swearing/trip to lbs

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Sorry about the crappy pictures, but meh. I'm no photographer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

tfrancer wrote: »
    My new bike............Fuji Cross Pro. Will put on slick tyres for knocking around. Don't really like those brake attachments on the bar but could be tricky to remove. SRAM Rival derailleurs and shifters.

very nice bike!!

did you buy online of LBS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

briano wrote: »
    I built this one up for my gf; got the frame from a friend, the wheels off here and then the assorted bits and bobs from the usual lbs's and online.

Really happy with the way it turned out, it's also the first time I have been able to tune gears without resporting to swearing/trip to lbs

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

eh gross, saddle and bartape are clashing :D

very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

abcdggs wrote: »
    eh gross, saddle and bartape are clashing :D

very nice!

I know. My shame is unabated. To be honest, I am surprised she hasn't left me over it

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Nice bike, although it reminds me of this: http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Stephen%20Ireland%20Range%20Rover.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

My new purchase... 001-4.jpg

niceonetom wrote: »
    Nice. What bars are those? I like the shape of the drops...

The bars are Fuji's own brand: Fuji PGC Double Butted 7075 Aluminium

ipodrocker wrote: »
    very nice bike!!

did you buy online of LBS?

I bought it from Evans Cycles in UK.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fuji/cross-pro-2010-cyclo-cross-bike-ec022173

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Very nice and congrats on the gear tuning. Is that the SL3 frame? What make are the forks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Lovely looking machine Saxobank - well wear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

Saxobank wrote: »
    My new purchase...

very nice buy it online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

ipodrocker wrote: »
    very nice buy it online?

No i ordered it through my Local bike shop with the Cycle To Work Scheme, they showed me their catalogue and i picked that one out.. read the reviews online and all were excellent, that picture isnt my picture but its the exact same bike! I am picking it up at the end of the week.. im fed up of waiting.. ill be like a child at xmass :D

Advertisement