Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Looks good. I'm starting to feel at home in that kitchen now, despite never setting foot in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Looking sweet Raam.

Had an eye on those also but took the plunge and went for the Shimano wheels today.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Looks good. I'm starting to feel at home in that kitchen now, despite never setting foot in it.

Agreed, I'm also a bit concerned that those are the same bran flakes from 6 months ago :eek: Thats what happens when you buy them based on who is on the back:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63131149&postcount=1428

IMG_5768.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

I'm noticing a lack of cycling related energy products, have you changed your storage area for them[/URL]? :D

Upgrades:

117287.jpg

117288.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Upgrades:
    How did you find changing the hub? Easy enough?

I thought those shoes were WAY yellower or are they actually white and it's just the light?

abcdggs wrote: »
    How did you find changing the hub? Easy enough?

I thought those shoes were WAY yellower or are they actually white and it's just the light?

Quite yellow, room was quite dark.

Swapping hubs is easy: remove cap on non driveside, insert 10mm hex wrench and unthread the fixing bolt on the driveside using a 5mm hex. Then just slide off the hub making sure not to lose the washer that sits on the actual hub body or the two little pawls. It's really only a 5 minute job.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

shaungil wrote: »
    116929.jpg
    So was it the new bike or increasingly aero shaungil? - congratulations on the bronze medal in the Leinster A4 10m TT championships last night shaungil:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Finally got my Bike 2 Work voucher today and collected the goods...

Corratec RT Dolomiti Tiagra fitted with toe clips for now as I'll be doing Gael Force in August so will need to jump off and run with the bike at some points.

117719.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

That current gen Tiagra looks nice.
    Best of luck with the bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Upgrades:

117288.jpg

them shoes look, and i say this in a proper dublin accent, DEADLY!!!!

are they comfy? ad where the hell did you get them? they look like actual runners

nice bike to btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

lots of yellow shoes in the pro peloton at the moment, i'm guessing mavic are pushing them ? ?? - or is yellow the new white ?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

i got the specialized comp road, carbon sole pearl white. dere nice

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Corratec RT Dolomiti Tiagra fitted with toe clips for now as I'll be doing Gael Force in August so will need to jump off and run with the bike at some points
    Sweet. Where'd you purchase?

squire23 wrote: »
    Sweet. Where'd you purchase?

Got it from Nigel's Cycles in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

4720864508_9d52713b58.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I have the same toaster :cool:

IMG_5768.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Hungrycol wrote: »
    I have the same toaster :cool:

Me too!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Me too!!! :P

I find the beeps annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Corratec RT Dolomiti Tiagra fitted with toe clips for now as I'll be doing Gael Force in August so will need to jump off and run with the bike at some points.

Baby internet jesus cries a little when ppl post massive images on threads. Lovely bike all the same.

What are the things at the end of the handle bars?

• Advertisement

72hundred wrote: »

I was wondering that too. They look like some kind of grip extensions. I know some shaped bars annoy people with big hands as they can't get a proper handle in the drops.

@Chris: Got them in cycle surgery for less than the online CRC price. Pretty comfy, they were tough to size up right though and I think I need some inserts for my arches.

I bought them purely because they were yellow. Yellow is the new white according to El Tonto. You can see them popping up quite a bit in the peloton now. Thankfully I am slow enough that people can get a good look at them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

My Boardman Team Carbon. Have it a few months now, did the cycle in Connemara for diabetes Ireland at the weekend and getting ready for ring of Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Has the boardman got internal cable routing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

delynet wrote: »
    My Boardman Team Carbon. Have it a few months now, did the cycle in Connemara for diabetes Ireland at the weekend and getting ready for ring of Kerry.

Saw this bike in Halfords, what kind of Bike is it? is it Easy to ride and light?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

@ levitronix :: Yes it does have internal cable routing.

@ Cork24 :: Boardman Team Carbon. I have changed the saddle and seatpost. Saddle for comfort reasons and I did not like the look of the matt black seatpost that came with it. Have done about 3000k on it. It was my first roadbike so took getting used to but now I can just sit up and head off for 100k without thinking about it, so easy ride would be a yes. Before I bought it I read about some concerns about spokes breaking and poor final assembly but I have not experienced any of this. Wheels are as true as ever despite hitting a few potholes. Some of this comes down to maintenance as well, keep everything clean and lubed (especially chain) and it helps.

72hundred wrote: »
    Baby internet jesus cries a little when ppl post massive images on threads. Lovely bike all the same.

Apologies for that - didn't realise it would come out so huge when viewed inline on the boards until I saw it myself from a different computer last night.

The things on the ends of the bars, at a guess, I assume are to keep the tape on and protect the ends from getting scuffed.

Hope this attempt at posting a normal size pic is better?

117719.jpg

PS: Mods - I'm unable to edit the original post on the previous page, can someone please remove the oversized picture and replace it with the above?

[mod note: done]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭bubble_wrap

i just bought one of these - without the carbon handlebars, although i believe these are on my list, my bike is very white!!! But love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭bubble_wrap

image4.jpg

2010 epic comp carbon fsr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

image4.jpg

2010 epic comp carbon fsr

Flash git! Is asking the price of such things a faux pas on Image of Beauty ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Gavin wrote: »
    Flash git! Is asking the price of such things a faux pas on Image of Beauty ?

Yes. For issues relating to self-inflicted financial stress, see here. :)

Advertisement