Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

My new Cervelo P2 TT Bike

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭the magician

My new Dh bike. (new to me). It's a work in progress but rides amazing, Couldn't believe the difference in speed compared to my last frame.Got it from OC tuning in kimmage.

p4pb5199380.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Aramicon

4727343776_a4c1874f70_o.jpg

That's what it looked like before a few thousand miles of Irish roads... Now it looks like I mistook it for a downhill mtb once too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Aramicon wrote: »
    4727343776_a4c1874f70_o.jpg

That's what it looked like before a few thousand miles of Irish roads... Now it looks like I mistook it for a downhill mtb once too often.

Nice Bike! (Well I would like it wouldn't I? :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

spyderski wrote: »
    My new Cervelo P2 TT Bike

slippery looking bugger !! very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amused2death

Sweet looking rig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

Is it wrong that I want the pink one?!?

paul-smith_the_bikes_pink.jpg

paul-smith_the_bikes_white.jpg

paul-smith_the_bikes_black.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

The Pink only comes in 'Medium', I wonder why? ;) Damn sexualistic, if you ask me.

DFD.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Having "Paul Smith" on your bike is almost as bad as those Ferrari Colnagos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

004.jpg

Got this Monday after my last bike was vandalised by the Manager of a bar in the bar he works in!

I had the XC3 but they kindly bought me a XC2 and gave me €300 after my solicitor rang them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

el tonto wrote: »
    Having "Paul Smith" on your bike is almost as bad as those Ferrari Colnagos.

I used to work with someone called Paul Smith. Not the designer. The bike would be great for him.

Anyway the black one looks great IMO, except for the monumentally ugly headtube and the horrific upwards angle of the stem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

headtube looks like the PX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Raam wrote: »
    headtube looks like the PX

Nah, its uglier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Here's my Dolan after a rapid 110km a spin with Carrick Wheelers. Gonna flip the stem, change the ugly gatorskins and get better bottle cages.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51429818@N02/4730248253/

Here's me commuter. Beautiful to me and I've finally settled on a pannier solution that doesn't weigh half a tonne or result in excessive drag. Ignore the doggy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51429818@N02/4730892390/in/photostream/

coolbeans wrote: »
    Here's me commuter. Beautiful to me and I've finally settled on a pannier solution that doesn't weigh half a tonne or result in excessive drag

Nice bike, elegant solution. How much can you stuff into the bag?

DFD.

Thanks. It's actually bigger than it looks. The pod on the sides extend down like regular panniers soI can get a full size Kryptonite lock into each side without compromising the space in the main bag. Apparently it's 7.3 litres capacity which equates to a pair of runners, trousers and and whatever else I can get in between the gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Snap of the new Trek Speed Concept, taking in wheelworx..

photoiq.th.jpg

Pretty hard to make out but the 'draft box' on the back of the seat post looked pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Thanks. It's actually bigger than it looks. The pod on the sides extend down like regular panniers soI can get a full size Kryptonite lock into each side without compromising the space in the main bag. Apparently it's 7.3 litres capacity which equates to a pair of runners, trousers and and whatever else I can get in between the gaps.
    That reminds me of something I was thinking about the other day.

I mostly use one pannier on the rack at the moment, and a Fahgettaboudit on the other side, thus:

113954.JPG

Some days I'm travelling with a few lunchboxes to keep me going (I'm on a tight budget). Is there such a thing as a "half pannier" or something like that, so I can carry some stuff using just the rear half of the rack on the Fahgettaboudit side?

I have a second full-size pannier and I could just put the Fahgettaboudit in the pocket of that, but it would be handy to just leave the lock as it is and just put on an extra half-pannier when needed.

Apologies if this appear to the ramblings of a lunatic or something.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    That reminds me of something I was thinking about the other day.

I mostly use one pannier on the rack at the moment, and a Fahgettaboudit on the other side, thus:

113954.JPG

Some days I'm travelling with a few lunchboxes to keep me going (I'm on a tight budget). Is there such a thing as a "half pannier" or something like that, so I can carry some stuff using just the rear half of the rack on the Fahgettaboudit side?

I have a second full-size pannier and I could just put the Fahgettaboudit in the pocket of that, but it would be handy to just leave the lock as it is and just put on an extra half-pannier when needed.

Apologies if this appear to the ramblings of a lunatic or something.

So if I understand you correctly you're suggesting the lock as depicted plus a half pannier on one side and a full pannier on the other side? Sounds too fiddly for my liking. Then again I'm not renowned for my patience. ;)

• Advertisement

So if I understand you correctly you're suggesting the lock as depicted plus a half pannier on one side and a full pannier on the other side? Sounds too fiddly for my liking. Then again I'm not renowned for my patience. ;)
    That's exactly right.

It probably does seem a bit fiddly, but I like the lock that way rather than in a second pannier. I can leave it attached pretty much permanently like that (apart from when I'm locking it, obviously), and just attach a half-pannier for carrying surplus items.

Anyway, I've never seen a "half-pannier". Do they even exist?

Hermy wrote: »
    Would a top bag be any good?

They straddle the rack, don't they? Don't think that would work for me.

Not to worry, I can continue with the two-pannier system. It was just a passing fancy, a wool-gathering whim ...

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Not to worry, I can continue with the two-pannier system. It was just a passing fancy, a wool-gathering whim ...

Xtracycle FTW! You KNOW you want to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Hmm, my Trek 'interchange' hook-on pannier might work there. Two hooks at the top with a centre button to click into the rack and a single wheel-like knob to engage lower in the rack.

http://store.trekbikes.com/shopping/product/alternateviews.jsp?iProductID=355&picindex=2

They look quite narrow, which would be most of the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I think this guy could be on to something. But if he mounted the lock in reverse he would have a place to put his lock AND a set of homemade tri-bars.
    Parts-youll-need.jpg
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-mount-a-heavy-bicycle-U-Lock-with-a-DIY-bra/step1/Parts-youll-need/

Actually I might go home and put on the tri bar mounts and see will they take a bike lock.

Apologies this has strayed wildly off topic....

Yeah, bit of a tangent there. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Let's get back on the subject:

EPS_black_SIDE.jpg

The crankset doesn't feel right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Let's get back on the subject:

The crankset doesn't feel right though.
    The crankset? shimano on an italian frame. it's a sin. not to mention record would look amazing on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

The new Orbea Orca:

2011-orbea-orca-road-bicycle-bike.png
    It is supposed to be lighter and more aero.. Meh..

Advertisement