Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I 've been fixiefied!

Specialized tricross singlecross. I did my first 20kms spin with it.. and it was like learning to ride a bicycle for scratch. It's different, it's simple, I am going to kill myself probably. I need to get spd pedals for it, can't stand the normal ones. (anyone has any cheap double sided?)

I've a set you have have for free. well worn but working perfectly.
    Wellgo branded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Thanks a lot for the offer Rob! Are they shimano compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

So it won't compare to most of the bikes on here... But here's my first proper road bike :)

bike-1.jpg

Got it second hand today, and I really like it. From what I've read around the internet, these things are decent entry level bikes, which is all I need. I'm planning to do the 90km cycle to Electric Picnic for Temple Street, which will be the longest cycle I'll ever do on it - most of my cycling is a means of transport rather than a sport.

Just went for a spin around the block - it's like being eight again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

El Pr0n wrote: »
    I'm planning to do the 90km cycle to Electric Picnic for Temple Street, which will be the longest cycle I'll ever do on it
    You say that now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SamB64

Some great images on here, but if you're fixed in your mind there's a great photo led book out called "The Cult of Fixed 42x12" - bike p**n extreme!

Sam.

PS: Personally, I like a triple on the front these days :cool: but hey I can still look.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Thanks a lot for the offer Rob! Are they shimano compatible?

Yes Shimano SPD compatable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I 've been fixiefied!

Hope you enjoy her as much as I did.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Heres my first roadbike, going to be used mostly for commuting, delighted with it so far!

DSCF0038.jpg

murph226 wrote: »
    Heres my first roadbike, going to be used mostly for commuting, delighted with it so far!

Are you by any chance working in a certain company in South Dublin? I think I saw this bike with this saddlebag in the rack. If yes.. get a proper lock, bikes have gone missing before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Are you by any chance working in a certain company in South Dublin? I think I saw this bike with this saddlebag in the rack. If yes.. get a proper lock, bikes have gone missing before.

Not me I'm afraid!

• Advertisement

Ok then, I hope you have a good lock at least! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My Trek 7.7FX

Without Pannier
    120100.JPG

With Pannier
    120101.jpg

Few months old and its an absolute dream to ride. Keeping it clean and worrying about it getting nicked is a nightmare though.

My wheel upgrade that didn't quite go according to plan.
    IMG_0402.jpg

The front wheel:mad: which is on it's way back to Germany. Two bent spokes(one each side) and not running true.
    Looked like a manufacturing defect in the way the spokes were bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

My new Stevens Stoke......needless to say I'm stoked!!

How do I get the picture to show on this page????

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

guym wrote: »
    My new Stevens Stoke......needless to say I'm stoked!!

How do I get the picture to show on this page????
    120133.jpg

For future reference, attach your picture, preview the post, click the image link, copy the URL, click the yellow picture button, paste URL, hit preview again, click Submit.

Nice bike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

120133.jpg

For future reference, attach your picture, preview the post, click the image link, copy the URL, click the yellow picture button, paste URL, hit preview again, click Submit.

Nice bike ;)

Thanks for that DFD:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

My wheel upgrade that didn't quite go according to plan.
    IMG_0402.jpg

The front wheel:mad: which is on it's way back to Germany. Two bent spokes(one each side) and not running true.
    Looked like a manufacturing defect in the way the spokes were bent.

Thats bad luck !! why the staggered fit why not two 50mm's wheels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

levitronix wrote: »
    Thats bad luck !! why the staggered fit why not two 50mm's wheels ?
    It is the front 50mm that is broken and on the way back to Germany I gather.

blorg wrote: »
    It is the front 50mm that is broken and on the way back to Germany I gather.

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Right ! i thought you might be going for the hot rod look and get a racing stripe down the side lol

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Wife and kids are away on holiday*, and I took the opportunity to order this:

dolan.jpg?t=1279229917

One less excuse for failing to hit that 40km in an hour on the track target now.

(*by the time they get back, hopefully they'll have forgotten how many bikes I have)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

thats a very nice bike

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Beasty wrote: »
    One less excuse for failing to hit that 40km in an hour on the track target now.
    Nice bike. I'd stick aero bars on if going for the 40km and work your position out on them. It is something I'd like to give a go myself incidentally; I have two front ends for the track bike (drops and TT/pursuit.)

Nice bike. I'd stick aero bars on if going for the 40km and work your position out on them. It is something I'd like to give a go myself incidentally; I have two front ends for the track bike (drops and TT/pursuit.)

If you're looking at the hour normal drops I'd advise as that is what all the records are set at now so gives you a comparison.
    Tommy Evans still holds the Irish hour record at 46k BTW (he also holds a few place to place records and of course won the RAS )

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Aero bars arrived from Wiggle on Wednesday - can't use them in Manchester though, unless I have the track to myself;)

Bike fit is booked for 3 weeks time - in the meantime I'll probably head off to Sundrive to try it out on Sunday

RobFowl wrote: »
    Tommy Evans still holds the Irish hour record at 46k BTW (he also holds a few place to place records and of course won the RAS )

I think you can assume the Irish record is safe from me

(Boardman better watch out though...:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jspruit

Here's a pic of our summer ride-posing at Grand Canal Square.
    4799631759_31acb04e65.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

My latest addition - well it's just a change of frame!
    Bought the frame from Archteks on Alibaba, and then branded it myself!
    It's a 3k weave, and is light! I'm still waiting on a one piece bar/stem combo however....

4801559010_fc8b948941_b.jpg

PS I've my old hardtail Massi carbon frame for sale, about 30 hours riding down on it, but it's just too small for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

The track-hubs are finally laced to Mavic Open-pros, installed and rolling smoothly :)

Crow's foot lacing, with the middle spoke in silver:
    4801806377_4ce21a4f25.jpg

Front hub, showing high-flange goodness:
    4801806753_458d956f70.jpg

The finished product:
    4801806545_21219a760b.jpg

I like the way the mix of spokes matches the colour-scheme on the hubs, the rims and even the cranks. Just need to lose the rear brake, and she'll be exactly as I want her :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

very nice ;) hows she holding up any problems?

Advertisement