Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Focus (Dura-Ace with Power tap rear wheel)

38501_410862683316_560318316_4668727_1500383_n.jpg

Ridley Noah with Drua-Ace

38501_410862688316_560318316_4668728_7392402_n.jpg

(note the obligatory Garmins :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

@Robfowl

White Bar-tape could do with some vanish!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

jdt101 wrote: »
    @Robfowl

White Bar-tape could do with some vanish!

In my defence we'd just done 80k with the club on North county Dublin's finest roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Golfanatic wrote: »
    very nice ;) hows she holding up any problems?

None so far, a joy all round. I'll be picking up some of that Montana 94 Azul Oscuro though, had a few bumps that need touching up. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

gman2k wrote: »
    My latest addition - well it's just a change of frame!
    Bought the frame from Archteks on Alibaba, and then branded it myself!

So it is a Scott or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Love that Noah Rob, what size frame is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Lumen wrote: »
    So it is a Scott or not?

It's an unbranded CF frame from Archteks, with Scott stickers from Ebay.
    It's a lovely frame in the flesh!
    I could not afford a Scott Scale 10 frame at the moment, so this will have to do:D

gman2k wrote: »
    It's an unbranded CF frame from Archteks, with Scott stickers from Ebay.
    It's a lovely frame in the flesh!
    I could not afford a Scott Scale 10 frame at the moment, so this will have to do:D

Hmmmm, you should celebrate it's uniqueness rather than trying to dress it up as a Scott.

Or get some Cove stickers, their bikes have some great names: playmate, hustler, g-spot, handjob, etc.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Love that Noah Rob, what size frame is it?

It's medium. came with a good 4-5 cm of extra seatpost and there are up to 1.5cms of spacers you can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Hmmmm, you should celebrate it's uniqueness rather than trying to dress it up as a Scott.
    I'm really with that, it is very naff to stick these stickers on your bike when it's not a Scott. Illegal in France! If you want decals get custom ones. I am sure the thing rides just as well one way or the other!

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    I'm really with that, it is very naff to stick these stickers on your bike when it's not a Scott. Illegal in France! If you want decals get custom ones. I am sure the thing rides just as well one way or the other!

I hear yis.... but it's just a personal preference, no ones opinion is right or wrong!
    But it looks better in my stable next to the Addict:)

BTW, I have a Kona full suspension machine, I was doing some climbs on it last week, and it's heavier than the Scott Addict and my hardtail put together! Twas heavy going!

I'm really with that, it is very naff to stick these stickers on your bike when it's not a Scott. Illegal in France!

How ironic, given the history of doing exactly this sort of thing in the TdF. :)

How ironic, given the history of doing exactly this sort of thing in the TdF. :)

Yeah my 303s (ex Columbia High Road) were stickered High Road and not Zipp!

Huffys were Serotta's
    Boardman rode Corima's, Lotus's or Terry Dolan's but they were always labelled otherwise.
    Motorola's frames were Eddy Merckx's but badged as others.
    Lightweight wheels are still used with different brands badged on...
    Thats a short list but all these were not just in France but in the TDF :rolleyes:

I'm well aware of that but they are all cases where you need the sponsors' sticker. Lance rode a Litespeed branded as a Trek in 1999... I just think if you have a good bike why try to stick some other sticker on it? It is a grand bike as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I want to put trek stickers on my Planet X so people would think that I'm cool, like Lance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

4783556813_7f406e886a_b.jpg

Handsome bastard.

2007 Epic S-Works!

Major Fred alert. Did you buy a new bike or is that a loner? Where was that race on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Mtb freds are called goobers apparently ! It's my bike alright, picked it up second hand. It's great, perfect for marathon/endurance stuff. The race was 10@kirroughtree, a 10 hour mtb race in Scotland. Very muddy, but good fun.

I have to remain true and call you a Fred, if I call you a goober I will have to start wearing baggy shorts.

Good job on the race, 10 hours is pretty hardcore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 BrianPatten

Someday when i win the lotto, this is the first thing on my list:D

felt-ar1-di2-2010-zoom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

if i win the lotto I think i'll just buy cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BrianPatten

if i win the lotto I think i'll just buy cycling.

Haha, that is so true

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

felt-ar1-di2-2010-zoom.jpg
    Make sure and splash out on a chain gaurd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Those Felts are a bit over the top IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

How and why did they create a De Rosa that looks that cheap?

120874.jpg

AstraMonti wrote: »
    How and why did they create a De Rosa that looks that cheap?
    Personally I find just about all Italian bikes to be massively overrated. They are either plain (Colnago) or gimmicky (Pinarello.) As far as lugged carbon goes I would take a Look or Time any day.

Personally I find just about all Italian bikes to be massively overrated. They are either plain (Colnago) or gimmicky (Pinarello.)

What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

DeRosa_NEOPRO_NeroMatt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Personally I find just about all Italian bikes to be massively overrated. They are either plain (Colnago) or gimmicky (Pinarello.) As far as lugged carbon goes I would take a Look or Time any day.

Infidel, blasphemer etc!!

al-hakim-shaking-fist.10659.jpg

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I'm with blorg on this one. I really don't think the Italians bother with the whole engineering thing. Why would they bother with any silly windtunnel time or stress analysis - they make much more money selling bikes on aesthetics and heritage, whatever that is.

Advertisement