Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I'm sure they are nicer bikes out there - but this is my baby for the foreseeable future.
    4834405992_f90a6434c2_b.jpg

Mind me asking what size frame that is? It looks huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

4834941016_c60e2ae7b4_b.jpg
    4834337601_7114272a1e_b.jpg

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Mind me asking what size frame that is? It looks huge!

It's Large - 55-56 I think I was told in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

BB67, gorgeous bike, really liking the colour scheme. that is a seriously nice first bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

this is my baby....got it last week

14700050.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

BB67, nice bike. I love the new Ultegra stuff. You must one tall soldier if that's a large frame and you've got all those stem spacers.

What are those pointy things sticking out of the handlebars and that wasps nest hanging out of your saddle ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hungrycol wrote: »
    What are those pointy things sticking out of the handlebars and that wasps nest hanging out of your saddle ;);)

It's also leaning against some sort of pedestrian training device. Most suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

magotch07 wrote: »
    this is my baby....got it last week

14700050.jpg
    Congratulations on your new bike. Your house looks very dark though ;)

If you already own it, you should post a picture of the actual bike.

DFD.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SACH Central

Why have you used so many spacers? Does it affect the handleing at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

Congratulations on your new bike. Your house looks very dark though ;)

If you already own it, you should post a picture of the actual bike.

DFD.
    sorry about the dark hse ;););) ill take a proper picture over the weekend bring it down to north wexford for a nice cycle around tara hill

• Advertisement

magotch07 wrote: »
    sorry about the dark hse ;););) ill take a proper picture over the weekend bring it down to north wexford for a nice cycle around tara hill
    It would be nice to see some bikes on here without the (sub)urban backdrop that appears increasingly common. Perhaps Images of Beauty should refer to the backdrops too?

DFD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Lumen wrote: »
    It's also leaning against some sort of pedestrian training device. Most suspicious.

Surely it's some sort of flatbed roller thing that inclines for hill-training.

I had assumed that it was a work in progress, waiting to be covered in green baize, Airfix diorama and then mounted at shoulder height. When linked to the turbo trainer it provides scenery as you work out.

Apparently cycling through WWI and WWII countryside can be quite invigorating!

DFD.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

AFAIK its for pace training, it keeps a constant speed that if you do not match results in serious injury. Far better than a your average trainer as it has the added incentive of injury/death and it is difficult, if not dangerous, to turn off once activated. Inspired bit of engineering.

I have also heard rumours that it incentives your OH to hit/hurt you once you are found on your bike, on top of the device. This has the added bonus of not only building character but prepares you for engaging in pelotons with dirty cyclists when your preparing for a tour.

Yawl got me thinking about indoor Winter training now ;) - watch this space or your nearest A&E soon.
    Bike came set up as is - getting a fitting from a local chap next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It would be nice to see some bikes on here without the (sub)urban backdrop that appears increasingly common. Perhaps Images of Beauty should refer to the backdrops too?
    Road bike is in hospital going for a BB replacement so I had to make do with this:
    4803925803_a18a806010_z.jpg

My bike in its natural environment ;)

121900.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

4834337601_7114272a1e_b.jpg

Do you take it outside or just ride it on the thread mill ?

levitronix wrote: »
    Do you take it outside or just ride it on the thread mill ?

I thought the outside was just a rumour, a conspiracy theory started by people with no broadband :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

did i see that bike at the beast on sunday ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Seeing as the cross season is coming soon!

Here's my cross bike before and after a race (and one of it being ridden painfully slowly as well ..)
    36957_414519633316_560318316_4770772_5539163_n.jpg36957_414519648316_560318316_4770773_797532_n.jpg36957_414519653316_560318316_4770774_5509523_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

giant tcr built this up in 2008 for 1200 euro. ebay used to be better than the bike to work scheme but its too hard to get a good deal off it nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

My only decent photo of any of my bikes:

4840370601_ef625d00a8_b.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

My only decent photo of any of my bikes:

Who owns the cargo bike? :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Who owns the cargo bike? :D

My dad, why? I'm the one with the cool Geox runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

My new baby, just arrived today. Canyon Ultimate CF9

IMG_1925.JPG

:):):)

... taken before I trimmed the tails of the speed sensor bands (before someone points it out :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

My new baby, just arrived today. Canyon Ultimate CF9

Lovely. Those bars are at a bit of a funny angle though. Is that comfortable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

!ByhC6WwBGk~$(KGrHqMOKjMEwPb1BR8+BMSFpQNgFg~~_12.JPG
    nos campy k2 26" 28h rims
    any mtb riders here? tempted but more than likely wont bid. have clearance on one of my 700c frames for fat tyres but brakes(reach) would be a problem

18hrs left, 1 bid at 15pound, worldwide delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

... taken before I trimmed the tails of the speed sensor bands (before someone points it out :D)

the seatstays remind me of a toothpick, sorry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

Lumen wrote: »
    Lovely. Those bars are at a bit of a funny angle though. Is that comfortable?

i've adjusted them since i took the photo. It's my first flatpack bike!

Advertisement