Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lumen wrote: »
    It may seem like chivalry to you, but to me it just looks like carrying someone else's handbag.

I at least hope it helped seal the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Lumen wrote: »
    It may seem like chivalry to you, but to me it just looks like carrying someone else's handbag.

I don't remember how I ended up with the handbag, but knowing me it was probably a fashion choice and nothing to do with chivalry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I am ashamed to admit that I know that the thing being carried was an Orla Kiely bag. If Dirk* had known that, his sheer metrosexuality would certainly have sealed the deal. It also means that the lady in question must have been a little bit posh.

*I do not know Dirk. I have only seen him from behind. With a bag. He could be so hideous that no amount of metrosexuality could redeem him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Well ? Whats yer verdict ?

7.9kg with everything. Going to take her for her first spin after lunch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

my la pierre froggy 518. Have had it now for three months and its some machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭paulieb2006

Lemag wrote: »
    Do you know how L your SL is? Including pedals but excluding bottle cages and saddle bag.

Its 7.8kg without saddlebag. Have changed the original Bars and Stem, also saves a few grams changing the Saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

4963573939_c428ee3a13_b.jpg

(Click for bigger.) Myself and two other lads were first to arrive at Electric Picnic on Friday. The Le Jeune is mine. Is she not beautiful? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Nice wooden aero bars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Wait till tunny sees the externally routed 'cables' though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Either that's a really small wheelbarrow or a terrifyingly enormous camel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I was half expecting to see blorg myself in there somewhere

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

One of my ladies, my other lady is undergoing cosmetic surgery at the minute:

DSC00036.JPG

It's fixed gear.
    52t Biopace ring
    18t on the rear (changing it to something smaller in the next month).

While my other lady is my main love, who takes good care of me when times are tough, this is my mistress, she punishes me by making work for it on the hills :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

CramCycle wrote: »
    It's fixed gear.
    52t Biopace ring
    18t on the rear (changing it to something smaller in the next month).
    I'm pretty sure i'm having a logic fail here,

would there not be chain tension issues with a biopace ring?

abcdggs wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure i'm having a logic fail here,

would there not be chain tension issues with a biopace ring?

I thought there would be too but then somone on here pointed me to Mr. Brown @ http://www.sheldonbrown.com/biopace.html
    People are often astonished to learn that I ride Biopace chainrings on fixed-gear bikes. They imagine that there will be tremendous changes in chain tension as the chainring rotates. In practice, this is not the case. A 42 tooth chainring will generally engage 21 teeth against 21 chain rollers, regardless of its shape.
    There is a slight variation in tension resulting from the varying angle between the two straight runs of chain as the axis of the chainring rotates, but this has not generally been of a sufficient magnitude to cause any problem in practice for me.

I find there is a drop in tension but it's not enough to give enough slack for the chain to come off. I just make sure to use my brakes when stopping to make sure nothing terrible happens to the chain (not sure if it would but I ain't testing it).

I may have a problem if i do go ahead and get a smaller rear cog, that might leave enough tension for the chain to come off but at the minute it's fine.

ergo logic = pass (barely)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Interesting front light position. Does it not keep you out of the drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

blorg's latest steed :D
    126768.JPG
    Do you not think Blorg will take the hump with this slagging......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

shaungil wrote: »
    Do you not think Blorg will take the hump with this slagging......

Just be careful with the slagging. The next jibe could be the straw that.... ah yis know where I'm going with this one.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Interesting front light position. Does it not keep you out of the drops?

I can see how it would annoy the hell out of lot of people but when I put my hands on the drops, I tend to place them alot lower than most people I see, so it's fine for me. I can't actually remember why I started putting my lights there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Raam wrote: »
    Just be careful with the slagging. The next jibe could be the straw that.... ah yis know where I'm going with this one.
    Or he could desert us...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

CramCycle wrote: »
    I can see how it would annoy the hell out of lot of people but when I put my hands on the drops, I tend to place them alot lower than most people I see, so it's fine for me. I can't actually remember why I started putting my lights there.

If you had a bar bag, then that may be the best position left for the front light.

serendip wrote: »
    If you had a bar bag, then that may be the best position left for the front light.

Thats it, I used to have a Topeak handlebar bag, never changed it back when I took it off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

My new Trek 1.2, not the greatest picture in the world.

Since this photo I've added another bottle cage and a cycle computer which died while out for a spin the other day :mad:

trek12.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cabaal wrote: »
    My new Trek 7.1, not the greatest picture in the world.

Since this photo I've added another bottle cage and a cycle computer which died while out for a spin the other day :mad:

Looks like you could do with another 24 bottle cages :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just something else, that's a Trek 1.2.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Looks like you could do with another 24 bottle cages :pac:

Indeed :pac:
    Had a BBQ just before I took the photo :)
    Just something else, that's a Trek 1.2.

Indeed it is, fixed that
    Mix up the numbers with the old bike sometimes...very annoying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Cabaal wrote: »
    My new Trek 1.2, not the greatest picture in the world.

What's with the oddly shaped shiny orange dirt on the wheels?

I see a kind of clear piece of dirt between the cassette and the spokes also.

I don't know what you guys are looking at all I see are awesome retro stylings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Remember, Caball, it is the responsibility of other road users to see you. You are under no obligation to help them. Have you any idea what those reflectors weigh? And as for wind resistance, that reflector on the bars is like a giant air brake. As for lights, only when it's completely dark and only then because it's a legal requirement.

Furthermore, always dark clothing. On a cold bright winters day, as the low sun makes vision near impossible, dark clothing will absorb the rays and let you save as much as 25g on the weight of your clothes.

Advertisement