Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good 32inch screen tv ??

• 02-02-2004 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭

I am looking for a good 32inch tv anyone any ideas please I was tinking of this model

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Hi rocco,

How much is that Sony model? How much would you be willing to spend? And what equipment do you plan to hook into the TV (DVD/Sky etc)?

Cheers,

Robbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

1299 is the cheapest I have seen it in time ill want to get a decetn sound system for it ill be mainly watching sport (soccer) and dvds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

just a quick point, thats not actually a pic of tthe fq70. and dont quote me on this but im nearly sure i saw the sony centre doing the fq70 for €1279 or so.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

002415_001.jpg

That's the FQ70 taken from Sony website. Should be a very good television. I notice it has PIP but with 1 tuner, so it must use the Scart terminals as the second picture option.

Yeah, it does appear that you've hit the nail on the head with that Sony TV. It's going to be hard to beat at that price. Hope it works out for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

go for panasonic or JVC. I have heard sony Tv's have reliability problems. I know that their audio systems are dodgy and not great sound quality (2 failed in my house in past few years). Call into DID/Power City etc and play with the TV's - DID are not quoting prices online but have a price match promise.

Silverside, can you back up any of the sweeping statements you made? You've heard Sony are unreliable? Did your mate tell you, or do you have some statistics you can point to. Audio systems are dodgy? What do you mean by this?

Fair enough you've had 2 Sonys go boom on you, but I can tell you that I've had 2 Sony TVs for 9 years now with no trouble. It's irrelevent. You can't say how reliable a brand is based on your own experiences.

I do agree with you that JVC are known for being a reliable brand, but in my opinion based on the many JVC TVs I have seen, equivalent Sony TVs are superior, not just in specification, but in build quality too.

I don't have any particular allegience with Sony btw, but I've sold and installed enough TVs in my time to know that usually you can't go far wrong with Sony TVs over €1000. Under a grand, its a different story and I would go for Philips or Panasonic. Over €1500 is into Loewe territory.

Thanks guys just one other one for you to look at here i got a price of 899 for this one what do u think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MickahB

Powercity have a Sony 100hz Flat screen Tv for around 1100 Euro, I bought one last year, picture quality is superb and the soccer matches look excellent on it. Havent had a problem with it. Its very similar looking to the pic above comes complete with the same stand as above, it was 1500 Euro but has been reduced over the past year or so.

Originally posted by MickahB
    Powercity have a Sony 100hz Flat screen Tv for around 1100 Euro, I bought one last year, picture quality is superb and the soccer matches look excellent on it. Havent had a problem with it. Its very similar looking to the pic above comes complete with the same stand as above, it was 1500 Euro but has been reduced over the past year or so.

you dont happen to have the model name do you thanks

• Advertisement
    byte

Would it possibly have been the 32FX35? I really like the FX series.

JVC are good (but avoid the 28" nonflat model), and indeed Panasonic are very reliable when it comes to TV.

As for Sony audio, I did see a few lower end models (BX3, etc) have a few problems, but nothing more than any other make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

its the kv32fx68 and its €1099 in most shops, ive priced it at that in did and the sony centres

Any opinions on this model guys I know its only a 28 inch screen KV-28LS36
    priced at €620

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

Just a personal reccomendation. The panasonic and JVC tv's I have seen have had better subjective ease of use and style than sony's. The home cinema magazines seem to concur. Their audio equipment is also more robust in my experience again no stats but I think its fair to generalise about a particular brand based on reputation and own/friends exprience.

I don't have any stats to back it up but yes I have heard of somebody who'se Sony expensive TV went on him and he didnt get good service from the Sony centre.

Fair enough you may have good experience of Sony, but the more opinions given here the better.

byte

Originally posted by rocco
    Any opinions on this model guys I know its only a 28 inch screen KV-28LS36
    priced at €620

They're a great TV if you don't mind the curvy styling. Sony TVs have much better sound output than JVC from what I see of them (and I'm not dissing JVC as I own a 28" WS from 3 years ago, sadly the last decent JVC 28 nonflat). Panasonic sound ain't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Hi Rocco
    Try looking at this website avforums.com. It gives you the magazine reviews on alot of tellys. I found it very useful and have purchased a philips 32 pw 9618 based on alot of research. Its an expensive option but the cheaper 32 pw 9308 at about €1400 is also a good set. Philips and Panasonic appear to have the best in new technology. Read the reviews before making your decision. Good luck.
    Here is a review of the sony http://www.whatvideotv.com/testbench/frame.html?http://www.whatvideotv.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=2978
    Loggie

Advertisement