Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Chinese Restaurant in Raheny

• 02-02-2004 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I dropped in because I'm trying to find out the name and contact number of a new Chinese restaurant in Raheny which opened about 6 months ago.

It was one of those restaurants where the chef cooks the food in front of you and shoes of juggling knives and throwing bits of food at you to catch in your mouth (if you are brave enough to try in your posh clothes!)

I received a leaflet about it through my door (I live in Beamount) sometime ago, but I have lost it and ringing round I can find no sign of it.

Has anyone heard of it, or even better actually been?
    I would love to give it a try, but short of driving randomly around Raheny, I'm not sure how to find it now!

Thanks,
    Rik

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I live in Raheny. Haven't heard of this retaurant. It's not the Thai one you're thinking of!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rik

Hi Dr. Loon,

No, I'm pretty sure it's a chinese restaurant, but I could be wrong, do they cook the food in front of you on a big hot plate at this Thai restaurant.

I also remember from the leaflet that this type of cooking had a special name, with chefs trained to be able to entertain the guests with their cooking skills.

It might have been as far out as Sutton.
    I'll try searching the web again so I can find the name of this style of cooking, I have seen it on TV a couple of times, there was an episiode of friends where I seem to remember Ross going to one of these restaurants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Ah.... I think the Pagoda in Sutton Cross has recently been reopened under a different name. It's a Chinese alright, I don't know if they do any special style of cooking, but you could look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Special of the Day.

No 64: Chopped MiaaooowAaaggh.

P. :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rik

Yes! That's the one!!!

ok, I've booked it!
    I'll try to remember to get back to you here to let you know if it's any good.

Thanks a million,
    Rik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

afaik it's now called Zan Asia:

I'd be interested in hearing your feedback from this!

davej

Advertisement