Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Alerts

• 02-02-2004 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

I think we should have a sticky for curb & seinfeld related tv appearances.
    Such as my recent one about 'Sour Grapes'.

Jeff Garlin was on Conan O'Brien at the weekend promoting the DVD.
    He is also a standup comic and is appearing around NY.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Stuck...

Good Idea Seve- sure your middle name isnt Kramer ?

David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Jeff was so funny, the story about "The Chalk"/"Cock" had me in stitches. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

Jeff Garlin is scheduled to appear next Tuesday night on Jay Leno, that's Monday nights show in America, I guess.

Susie Essman appeared on the Sharon Osbourne show in America yesterday. I know Sky One show the programme, so keep an eye out if you wanna catch her. Don't know what day it will be on here, if at all.

Lauren Graham - her of the 'speed dial' episode was on Conan O'Brien last week, so she could be on the highlights show over the weekend - set that video or sky+ to record.

• Advertisement

Jeff Garlin is scheduled to appear next Tuesday night on Jay Leno, that's Monday nights show in America, I guess.

Just looking at NBC's website for Jay Leno's guests next week and it looks as if Jeff has been bumped for a 14 year old animal expert!

The sky digital EPG still has Jeff listed as a guest though, so we'll have to see.

Lauren Graham - her of the 'speed dial' episode was on Conan O'Brien last week, so she could be on the highlights show over the weekend - set that video or sky+ to record.

Just finished watching Conan from this weekend - the Lauren Graham episode wasn't aired, however there were two Seinfeld related guests.
    1. Al Roker - of the 'TV Guide' episode (dude's lost alot of weight) &
    2. Megan Mullally - of the 'Double Dip' episode & of course 'will & grace'.

Jerry Seinfeld's standup style will be the topic of Bravo's 'John Thomson Stands Up For Comedy' this thursday night @ midnight.
    Adam Sandler will also be featured.

they only showed a couple of vintage standup clips about relatyionships from jerry - disappointing, although the show itself wasn't bad.

Jason Alexander introduced the Foo Fighters at the Grammys with Snoop Dogg. Jason went on about how he was still getting over Britney Spears even though they were only married for a few hours. (the guy she married is also called Jason Alexander). E4 will repeat the show again in the next few days.

• Advertisement

Jerry lends his vocals talents to monday nights episode of Dilbert on FTN (channel 256 on sky) at 8pm.

Jeff Garlin's Tonight Show appearance has been re-scheduled to next week.

I saw that Dilbert ep a few years back, Jer plays the voice of a huge comp.:)

richard lewis is on letterman this friday night, if you have itv2 or are in the states (80project).

jeff garlin's appearance on leno wasn't very good. leno is too conservative and his comedy is stale and predictable unlike conan o'brien's.

jeff even re-hashed some of the material he used on conan a few weeks back which was really disappointing. he spoke of how he is going on tour with richard lewis - i'd love to see that.
    80p - if you get the chance to see them out there you should go.
    forget orny adams.

julia louis-dreyfus lends her vocal talents to an upcoming episode of the simpsons -
    saturday 29th feb @ 18.30 on sky one.

Leno is a bit stale alright. He has this sycophantic approach to Interviews, fawning all over guests, and his monologues are pretty crappy. Conan is simply on too late to watch on regualr basis- doesnt start until 12.35 am here so...You have to be a real night owl to watch it and manage to stay awake through till the end when the majority of guests are squeezed in!

Also you dont realise the amount of ad breaks there are- when you see it on Irish TV there all cut out. Must be at least 8 per show :eek:

Originally posted by seveb
    jeff even re-hashed some of the material he used on conan a few weeks back which was really disappointing. he spoke of how he is going on tour with richard lewis - i'd love to see that.
    80p - if you get the chance to see them out there you should go.
    forget orny adams.

LOL,
    I'm gonna search the local listings!

80p - don't you have tivo? ;)

AFAIK, Doesnt work with the Digital Service we have :(

jason alexander was a guest on the 'o'reilly factor' on wednesday. he is a spokesperson for an awareness group called 'one voice', trying to stop the civil war in israel.

Jerry was on John Stewarts The Daily Show yesterday.

• Advertisement

Jason Alexander and Wayne Knight will both be appearing in The New Twilight Zone on The Sci-Fi Channel at 9 on Mon.

Jerry was on Leno last week and he said DVd's are coming out in Nov with loads of features yahoooooooo.:)

BTW I was mislead about J Alexander and Wayne Knight they are appearing sometime but wasn't on Mon.
    Lauren Graham (Valerie from The Millemmium) was just on Conan O'Brien, she was in a v cheerful mood.:)

season 4 of curb finally begins on tg4 on the 17th of june - bet it clashes with a good euro 04 match.
    i wish they had kept the later timeslot as i've not seen any of the re-run of season 3 as it's on way too early.

anyone agree?

You could always pre-record Curb on video and then everybody is happy.:)

just for those who look in the tv alerts for tv info

--> e4 begin from season 3 of CYE --> thursday 2nd sept 22.30

Thought it was 11:10?

Guys, just to let you know that CNBC (sky digital ch. 510) are finally airing Conan O'Brien nightly now at 10.45pm (w/ends at 8.45pm). I find his interviews very entertaining. He's very Larry David/ Seinfeld - esque in the way that he discusses mundane, everyday things.

If you enjoy CYE & Seinfeld I'll think you'll enjoy him.
    Don't be put off by the comedy early on in the show. The interviews are where the real 'gold' lies.

Tune in nightly and give it some ratings so CNBC will keep it on the air.

anybody ever watch 'arrested development'. it's really good once you get into it. bbc4 have started it from season 1 if you've missed it.

• Advertisement

wanda sykes from CYE was on conan last night - she was hilarious as always.
    martin short was on the night previous to that and he did a larry david impression - remember he appeared in an ep. of CYE - 'the terrorist attack'.
    dude is crazy.

Advertisement