Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Assign Drive Letters

• 02-02-2004 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Ok, about to buy a 120gig hard drive, and will be putting a few partitions on it.

i know windows needs C:\ but after that i want to assign them myself, is it possible?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yep, in windows xp go into the control panel, administrative tools, computer managment. you can change drive letters from the "disk managment" section of this

can't quite remember how to do it in '98...
    you can change drive letters normally by right clicking on my computer, choosing properties & then going into device manager.
    i'm not sure if that works for partitions though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No hassle doing that. You can use partition magic to do the partitioning. Or fdisk or anything else (incl administrative tools supplied with windows if you're running NT, 2000 or XP) given that it'll be empty when you get it. Assigning drive letters can be done in windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

will be running XP, so sorted, cheers for the quick reply

Advertisement