Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

latest transfer dealings

• 02-02-2004 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

jermaine defoe - to tottenham ,fee-bobby zamora plus £7,000,000

michael bridges-to Newcastle , Fee-3 month loan deal.

lomana tresser lua lua- to portsmouth, fee-3 month loan

johnaton stead-to blackburn,fee-£1,250,000

maik tayler -to birmingham , fee- £1,500,000 for 3 years

stephen crainey-to southampton,fee cant remember.

ricardinho -to middlesborough-3 month loan deal
    Jerome thomas to charlton £100,000
    sebastien carole loan to west ham
    lee moris to leicester nominal fee
    stephen caldwell to leeds on loan
    john curtis to portsmouth on loan
    john ostemobor to bolton loan until end of season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

any1 else feal lua lua's and michael bridges' transfers could become permanent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Big Ears
    jermaine defoe - to tottenham ,fee-bobby zamora plus £7,000,000
    :eek: Thats the first time I saw the price, I can't believe they didn't just pay about 4-5mil for Reid. Bloody Foolish.

Taylor's permanent move is no surpise. Have never heard of Ricardinho til today and he is supposed to be very good. I was wondering why Leeds' loan bid for Lua Lua was rejected after they had accepted a bid for Bridges in the opposite direction but now we no. As a Celtic fan I am emarrased to say I didn't no Crainey moved to Soton but since Celtic only play with 3 defenders it was hard for him to break in. Out of the others I have only seen Curtis play so I can't comment except that hearing reports on Thomas it looks like Charlton may have got a bargain.

Busy enough day but only one or two big transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

John ostemobor to bolton loan until end of season.

Another smart loan deal for someone at Liverpools expense! :mad:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Big Ears
    any1 else feal lua lua's and michael bridges' transfers could become permanent ?

Robson seems to have something major against LuaLua so probably, yes. Bridges was great but he's barely kicked a ball in three years...

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Robson seems to have something major against LuaLua so probably, yes. Bridges was great but he's barely kicked a ball in three years...

well in all honesty i think shearer,bellamy,ameobi,dyer are all better up front than Lua Lua .(dyer may not be a prolific goal scorer but he gets a few goals and alot of assists up front )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I have a feeling bridges is going to get on well at newcastle.

Originally posted by SheroN
    I have a feeling bridges is going to get on well at newcastle.

so have I thats why i belive it could become a permanet deal. With leeds situation he could go for around £1,000,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    :eek: Thats the first time I saw the price, I can't believe they didn't just pay about 4-5mil for Reid. Bloody Foolish.

Today's Irish Times mentioned that Daniel Levy claimed the signing was at the suggestion of the incoming new manager. My money would be on Curbishley then, he had Defoe at Charlton before he went to West Ham, didn't he?

And I'd have thought £7 million would have been more than enough to buy Nicky Butt, a player we could definitely do with.

Now I think of it, with four strikers and a sh*te defence, maybe Ardiles is on his way back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Nah its got to be Keegan moving from Man City :) All his clubs turned out like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by therecklessone
    And I'd have thought £7 million would have been more than enough to buy Nicky Butt, a player we could definitely do with.
    Butt has changed his mind and wants to now stay at United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Will he keep his england spot tho is the question if hes not playing first team football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I think Nicky may get a run in the first team at Utd shortly. Both Keano and phil neville have been looking tired in recent matches and it would be nice to see Butt get a run in the first team.
    I was delighted to see he stayed for the time being as I would qustion the sense in selling hm with Keanos career coming to a close.

michael bridges has said he wont be going back to leeds. His contract is up soon and he said he hopes he can sign for newcastle, but is definetly sure he's not going back. hmmmm :ninja:

Advertisement