Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fake

Options
  • 02-02-2004 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

can anyone tell me what 'fake' by the frames is about, a friend of mine who works in t.g4 overheard a converstation(in irish, and his isn't great so he didn't really understand it) that some other famous irish singer song writer stole glen hansard's girlfriend, has anyone heard this story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Its not that deep.

At a gig last year when they were unveling it Glen jokingly said that this was about Damien Rice. Damien Rice was actually in the VIP area at the time on The Frames invitation and I'm sure laughed along.

However, not everyone got this fact, a few months later Glenn started going out with Lisa Hannigan who sings with Damien Rice and was rumoured to be seeing him from time to time.

This plus the earlier jibe alot of people put two and two together and got 5.
    Both denied the "feud" and they have been seen making cameos at other irish artists gigs together since.

Recently, Glen said the song was about Justin Timberlake at a couple of gigs (NY at he Olympia). This was a knock on from a "story" Glen told about being in the residence bar of the hotel Justin Timeberlake was staying in for his Dublin gig. Justin started playing guitar and Glen claims he took out his guitar and upstaged him, so was removed from teh bar by Justins Minders. Glen has been known to spin the odd tall yarn tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

All that crap about him and Damien Rice is just Brunker the boot(thanks to the slate for that one) style writings from the tabloids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Ah, that JT story was grayt..:rolleyes: The guards were sure it was Avid Marion.. (probably not the way it's spellt) :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

sounds to me like a cliché 'why do you like the popular guy? not me, the deep introvert' teen angst bs
    then again, I have an irrational hatred of the frames
    heh

Advertisement