Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audigy 2 soundcard

• 02-02-2004 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Just ordered one of these to go along with creative inspire 6.1 6700 speakers. What do you think of this? Will this be decent for games and some music?

Cheers.

PS: Where is a good place to buy an audigy 2? I ordered mine off komplett but not in stock for another two days and then gls are delivering my goods...:EEK:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

A top class sound card, though you could have gone for more powerful speakers rather than the extra 6th channel, in my opinion.

You'll have some good gaming anyway... :-)

ebuyer have it for £50, but the delivery can be a bit steep, better buying in bulk from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've the same combination and it is very good indeed - have had boards with pretty much the best on-board sound but this is head and shoulders above it :)

Have yet to come across a less than very satisfied user here on boards and there are many audigy2's about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Excellent. As it stand my speakers are going to arrive a few days before my sound card. I have onboard 5.1 sound. Is there any way these 6.1's can work connected up to the pc until my sound card arrives, like have a 5.1 setup instead of the 6 for a day or two ya know?

Cheers guys,

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Have you bought it yet?

If not get it off www.creative.ie.

Free 2 day courier delivery. Cant recommend them enough

too expensive though. Im getting it off komplett for about 85 euro including delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    Is there any way these 6.1's can work connected up to the pc until my sound card arrives, like have a 5.1 setup instead of the 6 for a day or two ya know?

You should be able to link them up in pretty much the same way, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the audigy upmixes to 6.1 via software, rather than the actualy hardware itself. Either way, the speakers will have an aux-in, so you'll be able to get something out of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

great card. good speaker

have the same combo and playing games is brilliant it's helped my cs playing a lot since i know where people are coming from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

The speakers have a switch on the back of the sub to upmix 5.1 to 6.1.

Excellent stuff lads.

Great help! :)

one last thing, should i set them up for the whole 2 in front, 2 behind and 2 at the side job...or can i have all 6 in front of me on the desk....?

Cheers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Surround sound is good when your gaming, it you know where the noise is comming from and your more aware of surroundings.
    For MP3's etc its not that much of an advantage (there not surround sound ).

If you can set up surround sound then do, the audigy is a beauty i was very impressed. If youve got the 6.1 speakers then why not put them to good use :) ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    Excellent stuff lads.

Great help! :)

one last thing, should i set them up for the whole 2 in front, 2 behind and 2 at the side job...or can i have all 6 in front of me on the desk....?

Cheers,

6.1 is three in front and three behind, the addition to each "pair" is a dedicated center channel. You really need to read the manual once you get the speakers! :p

Matt

Advertisement