Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty Forum

Options
  • 02-02-2004 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Call of duty seems pretty popular and there has been a few threads put up about the iol servers so is there any chance of a cod forum for us too discuss cod?

Cheers

Nick.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Yeah, I think there's definitely a need for one.

Dregin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'd be very interested in this forum.

Thumbs up from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

perhaps if the game moved more into a modification area, and expanded a bit more there would be a need for one, but now, not really.

was like when we asked for a DoD forum back in the day. and imo DoD was more popular than CoD is atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yeah, a COD forum would be great. There has been a few posts about it and its related servers in games so it would be nice if it had a dedicated fourm to itself.

Hopefully Amp will support this and not crush the idea like so many other game forum suggestions.

ps I thought the modding of COD has already begun. Gamespy arcarde had a mod for download the last time i was playing on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

rofl I thought this was a request for a religious vocational forum :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Well MoHAA doesn't have it's own board, and it's been giong longer. Though having said that, there is a wolfenstein board.
    I say give it a go admins, give it a trial run; I can see it being a popular online game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Thumbs up from me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Amp says NEIN!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Like the recent requests for a console/Xbox/PS2 forum, there is currently no need for a Call of Duty forum – if there was the general games would be flooded by COD posts.

In the last 58 threads there are 9 about COD, that’s including threads about servers and one pointing to this page.

Maybe a new forum would be more justified if the current amount of COD threads continues or increases?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I'll wait for amp to post myself but cheers Sangre another post where its not needed. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

No problem MATE!
    Can people only post here if they agree with you?
    No?
    Then shut up.

There is no way there is a need for this forum, if you want to post anything about COD, do it on the Games forum, when games becomes flooded with COD threads that is the time to make a new foum.

We all know Amp's views on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

agree with sangre.

maybe when cod gets a few mods out there might be more to talk about.

Originally posted by monument
    Maybe a new forum would be more justified if the current amount of COD threads continues or increases?

don't tempt them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The amount of topics in the general games section speak for themselves. It's getting really popular with irish players.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Two new posts today (Wednesday) with seven posts in total – can the games board handle this amazing long-term strain?

I’ll try not to tempt in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Sangre
    Amp says NEIN!

Ya, it has got a good following online at ze moment. Fair few threads in games. The only feelings I'd express apart from my love of gassing jews is ze not quite dead but hardly busy Volfenstein forum.

Aside from that and my heartfelt desire to see all non true-blood genetically pure Irishmen and women "cleansed", I have no particular objections to zis forum. It poses no significant threat to the Fatherland. Ya, ve vill crush it like Belgium.

SIG HEIL!,

Games Fuhrer Amp.

Originally posted by amp
    Ya, it has got a good following online at ze moment. Fair few threads in games. The only feelings I'd express apart from my love of gassing jews is ze not quite dead but hardly busy Volfenstein forum.

Aside from that and my heartfelt desire to see all non true-blood genetically pure Irishmen and women "cleansed", I have no particular objections to zis forum. It poses no significant threat to the Fatherland. Ya, ve vill crush it like Belgium.

SIG HEIL!,

Games Fuhrer Amp.

LMAO!!!

Now even amp is supporting the forum. It would be nice to see the games drop down menu updated with COD. some of sections on it have become very dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Just because I have only one objection doesn't mean I support it.
    some of sections on it have become very dead.

Wasn't that my point? That the Call Of Duty forum may go quiet when the kids get the new WW2 fps game that it's even better than CoD.

So, no, I don't support this forum but I'm not that bothered if it does get the go ahead.

Verstehen Sie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

I'd rather see people populating the irish servers first before a new board is actually made. They're bloody empty these days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

I'd love to see a CoD forum as well:D

Originally posted by amp
    Just because I have only one objection doesn't mean I support it.

Sorry Amp!!

Misread wat you were saying in your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Vassili Zaitsev

yeah i feel call of duty deserves its own forum

I think this is one of those things where no matter how much support it'll get. the will never be a forum. why? oh i dont know.

Advertisement