Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damn pins

• 03-02-2004 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

hello all,

for some reason most of my pc just died, monitor mobo,ram ect.

so ive had to buy new parts and nearly have it up and running, except.....i splashed out on a new case, and it has front audio\mic. these are connected by one pin connectors(instead of say a block of them, hope that makes sence) i also have a creative labs 5.1 live sound card, and these pins are ment to connect it, only i have more connectors on the card then connector pins, does anyone know which way they might connect on?

i know its a long shot, but boards never let me down yet!
    cheers
    tom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,653 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Your best bet is to study the motherboards manual - if still unsure, go and find a forum for your motherboard and there's a good chance this is discussed there. Been there several times myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Check the sound card manual for a diagram of the card's pin layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

i dont have the manual, and couldn't find anything on net of any use,
    Your best bet is to study the motherboards manual - if still unsure, go and find a forum for your motherboard and there's a good chance this is discussed there. Been there several times myself

its on the soundcard and not the mobo unkel, thanks though,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Go to the manufacturer website and they should have a manual you can download........ should sort you out. Failing that on alot of boards in small print it will tell you what goes where (slightly different than markings on those audio cable ends) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,653 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by flameboy
    its on the soundcard and not the mobo unkel, thanks though,

Doh - was thinking about mobo with on-board sound - sorry m8 :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

tis ok!

still no joy yet :(

i'm starting to think about just experemting with it,

Advertisement